Tree of Savior Forum

New Drop System in kTest/kToS

let us know how it goes :smiley:

I was actually looking forward to people giving us proper experiences about how it feels after the drop patch. Any info is welcome :grin:

Ya drop 30 lyoni horns and tell us how many kills you needed!

1 Like

I doubt this guy can be trusted considering his 8 hrs for 1 drop bullshit rofl

They said it’s top down DPK system. Now, follow closely because I know you’re slow:

DPK

• Drops
  • Per
  • Kill

They still call it that, go look up the same thing you’ve been quoting in this thread for yourself. The notion “it doesn’t exist” is unfound and frankly a dumb simplification.

They even clarify that when a monster is killed, say, 100 times and their DPK value is 500, then the item has a 1/400 chance of dropping on all channels. Simple. It’s still called DPK though.

It’s random chance that builds up, eventually to a drop.

What you’re not getting is that people dislike this system, because it encourages “kill stealing”, and is a bad system because the drop chances for most items are insanely low (or insanely high DPK) and no one knows what the value is at a given moment for an item, because they do not reset during maintenance anymore.

That is until you get a drop, then you know. You can then leave the channel and come back later and possibly snatch someone elses’ hard work.

Even if you kill 1000 monsters in a row in the current system you aren’t guaranteed anything, because some mongoloid, like you for example, is on channel 3 and got the drop.

Now you have to be a special kind of moron to think this kind of system is good. You can spend 5 hours farming non-stop and get nothing because there are other people in parties with higher kill speeds than you in the other channels who get all the drops.

Yes, it’s RNG.

It’s shitty RNG and I’d rather have a 1.5% chance of an orange mat dropping than what we currently have.

/thread

4 Likes

Just a reminder for the people in this topic to please vote here if you haven’t already

1 Like

it says it right there

The problem with the current system is that anything valuable isn’t 100 DPK. They’re 500 or 1000, some even 10,000.

1000 DPK means 1/1000 chance or 0.001%.
So at 500 kills you/re at 1/500 chance, or 0.002%.

So for 500 kills you’re killing with a 0.001% chance of an item dropping. Not great.

It’s only when you get to the 1/100 values is when you’ll actually have a decent chance to get something, until then your chances are very slim. Then, when it drops (to someone else on the fifth channel), it goes back to being 0.001% for another 500 kills. How is this system good at all?

I’d have a 1% chance which builds up to 100% as we killed more and more of those 100 mobs needed to reach full DPK in the top-down dpk system than static 1,5% drop rate in pure RNG, even if i’m “competing” (I see it as cooperating rather with these much better drop rates though).

But yeah, I’d much rather face a 1,5% static drop rate than 500 DPK parameter in top-down system for 315 orange mats as well, no doubt. Similar rates, I’d stil like top-down better, simply because it drops more on average. But if it’s either realy high DPK parameters on top-down system or much higher static drop rates in a pure RNG system, is there even a reason to argue here?

I’d go for higher average drop rates, whichever system it is.

The point is that no channels have an advantage over another. Hence why we say channels don’t matter.

1 Like

Lmao

/200000000000000

1 Like

Just give us a ■■■■■■■ %drop rate already. Loosers!

1 Like

1/1000 equals to 0.1%, not 0.001%.

The basis of your point of view is completely different from the one of the guys you’re discussing with. As @yurichalps said, if you’re comparing 1/1000 topdown DPK with 1.5 RNG, the latter is the obvious winner. But what is winning here is the drop rate, not the system.

On the other side, we are speaking about systems, not rates.

DPK implies you can’t drop an item before the DPK count. Which is not the case here. It’s a full fledge rng drop system with an assured drop map-wipe each X kills. Hence why the term dpk is not good.

And what you wrote is basically that you would prefer have a drop rate of 1.5/100 instead of 1/750ish.

Of course everyone would prefer that. Has nothing to do with the drop system, its the drop rate.

0,001%* Do you even math?

Better get out that calculator. 1/100,000=.00001%

you are saying %, therefore it’s estimated over 100, not over 1. 100% chance of getting 1 item on 100,000 kills.

If it was ,00001% you’d need 10,000,000 to ensure a 100% chance of getting the item.

1 Like

Yeah, you are right. I know, but more zeros draw more attention.

1 Like

How if the current topdown DPK would reset for each channel individually and not for all together, but still accumulating from all channels? Would significantly increase drops, and feel really cooperative.

1 Like

In full RNG system all items are 50% to drop.
It’s whether you drop an item on kill or not. 50%. Any item. I mean it.