Tree of Savior Forum

Come Earth Tower, is Stone Skin worth the trouble?

Brilliant, so I have someone I can actually ask some questions !

I’ try to keep this brief.

Did you feel going this route was worth the effort for a full support build ?
I imagine the combination of having AOE silence and Stone skin available in the same kit as very powerful for the party and highly desirable.

Furthermore, do you found it to be worth sacrificing access to Plague doctor for ?

IN earth tower, would you even be able to bring you chaplain ( if you chose that route) DPS to bear at all or is the danger too high to engage in auto attacks ?

Currently im sitting at level 101 priest 3 and will have to make up my mind on how to move forward.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Been there, done that, in solo.

im actually on priest c3 and soon to be monk hehe

Please don’t trick people. You have no experience with C1P3 build endgame.

Continuing the discussion from Monk ppl - Cleric c1 // Priest c3 or Cleric c2 // Diev c2?

Continuing the discussion from Proper PvE Monk Guide - No Theory Bollox

Continuing the discussion from Monk - Cleric2/Priest2 or Cleric1/Priest3?

Stone Skin: It gives tremendous amounts of block rate.

Stone Skin is physical immunity with High Spr.
If 0 Spr it’s 400 block rate. Laughable endgame.
So make sure you add Spr stats or use Spr gear in your Monk.
But doesn’t really matter for Earth Tower because it isn’t just physical.

Take note that blessing enhance attribute which when maxed adds +100 attack/damage and requires Priest c3.

Priest1 have +131 damage buff without Divine Might.
Priest2 have +150 damage buff without Divine Might. +21 dmg (lol)
Priest3 have +170 damage buff without Divine Might. +20 dmg (lol)
Endgame even +170 is laughable. Don’t need Priest3 for that.

You get higher level of mass heal which is one of the best heal skills ingame with a pretty very low CD.

You don’t have many to compare, do you?
Anyway, for Heal Burst or Heal Per Second:
Cleric2/Priest2 > Cleric1/Priest3

But having stone skin is not the only advantage of Pc3.

If you comparing Diev to Priest sure.
If you decide to compare C2P2 x C1P3, then no.
Priest3 only gives Stone Skin used for PvP.
PvP is the only reason Cleric1/Priest3 monks exist.
Repeat this as many times as you need to understand your class choice.

If you are a int build, you will surely benefit with Pc3 especially if ur going support or hybrid.

Any build can benefit from Priest, but Int build isn’t going to get more than others.
As Int build your Cleric2 Heals are more than enough for anything and Priests doesn’t have any damage skill that benefits from Int.

id rather let someone do the job, and i be someone who can both protect, heal, support and dish lots of damage.

Priest doesn’t add damage to your build. +170? lol
Diev = Owl + Carve + 20%CDR in all Monk skills.
That’s brutal. Specially not having to worry about Spr.

party members block attacks… no need for heal or revive or safezone etc. thats 35seconds of heaven… + 20sec safezone, + barrier + GB… after that you can cast stone skin again hehe

• Block doesn’t work in ET magic attack, OP intentions.
    And in any other similar places like bosses fights. Also OP intentions
    Stone Skin is extremely overrated PvE wise by people that have never experienced it.
    Cleric1/Priest3 is worst than C2/D2 or C2P2 for PvE. Not debatable.
  • 20sec safezone? You have 10 hit counts.
    5 monsters x 2 hits = gone
    10 monster x 1 hit = gone
    Party grind and ET have a LOT of monsters.

FYI, at the time the max rank is 7. when 8-10 comes with new classes and new CC skills, PD will surely lose its current value.

PD value isn’t because of current ranks. It has overpowered support ability for both PvP and PvE. That’s why it was nerfed at least in PvP in Korea. It also has high Dps. Excellent for ET or Party play. But with it being most popular choice it falls off in World Boss fights because it gets overwrited by others.

chaplain is more like a advance or upgraded stage of priest 3 which radiate and increase the buff capabilities to a higher level.

Chaplain pick is solo oriented play. It shines to solo content.
Chaplain is not a full support class pick of choice. It’s the idea of being independent when you want. To not rely on party all the time.
For full support you better choose another class.

however you will be a party reliant support. unless you get krivis.

Again, Chaplain can solo any content. That’s the point of getting it.
Now, Cleric cure does a LOT of damage by itself. So you could go Cleric2 for more damage and support.
Also, many other classes help with damage: Druid, PD, Bokor, etc.
Krivis is just 1 of them.

Now for the actual OP post.

How does Stone Skin fare against most bosses and generally, how many opportunities are you going to have to actually make that investment into Stone Skin shine ?

Stone Skin shine in PvP and that’s it.
But it can be game change for it.

Instead, you could run a cleric 2, diev 2-3, krivis/ paladin/druid/Priest, Pd Int build.

Any Int Cleric build is usually better for ET simply because melee range to deal damage is quite deadly. Needs to be extra careful and have proper CC, link, immunity, HP, etc.

Why pick Priest over Diev?

Revive+Resurrection. Those are the reasons why Priest are so important as support. Specially in Earth Tower and PvP.
Being able to bring someone back to life is to play God.

How to play around it?

In PvP you counter it by focusing the Priest asap. Also important to note that Resurrection/Revive doesn’t bring target back with full life, you can just try to kill them again.
In ET death is brutal. Have to walk all the way and can’t use TP item. So you can try using Chrono3 for Backmasking (https://youtu.be/6NGawfWPQDk?t=131) or/and make sure no one dies.

For World Boss, Party grind, DG and Solo play Diev all the way.

Not sure if wenoweon was referring to the small amount of dmg increase or the attribute when he said this so I’ll reiterate just in case. You don’t need Priest 3 for the attribute that provides most of the damage from blessing.

Edit: I’m currently a cleric 2/ priest 2/ monk 2 and I have the attribute maxed

So either 2 diev 2 priest or 3 diev 1 priest really for a high int cleric 2 to PD build.

Any suggestions there ?

Cleric2 Diev3 Priest1 PD is what I recommend.
Diev3 offers you more.
It’s also suggested in both these guides:

1 Like

thanks Weno :slight_smile:
twentythingsyouhavetosee

1 Like

Stone skin? I wanna see you support grind in level 262++ map vs a c2-p2 or c2-d2 almost all the party cry with the 5 tile heals… Also have u tried to duel a cata? If your stone skin max with no spr even with max revive 1 spin to win is all it takes… How about for diev? You can put up a statue and and charge your eb inside… And to put up a statue it only take 1.5 sec… The video in youtube where it takes 2.5-3 sec is old…

Fyi you cant block magic attack

1 Like

Going priest 3 does not prohibit you from getting cleric2 and being a much better healer.

Cleric 1 -> Priest3 -> Chap -> Cleric2 is pretty strong, and you can pretty much put whatever you want at the end of it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

No spr meaning you didnt pump it lol i didnt say zero spr.(omg at i think all the people here should know you have a starting default stats right? And when said no meaning you didnt put any) Like i said partys are already complaining regarding the 5 heal x2 heal tiles. Especially if your the only support. Its still possible to support but it will be slow because they need to catch up to you cd.

Your a monk right? You’ll pump spr? Ok… Nuff said… I wana see how your stone skin will handle the 260+++ map. Cause my frends with “again no spr meaning didnt pump it” stone skin are not much noticable.

Back to the topic if you go pure support just go c2-p3-chap-??-pd

Assume? monk who pump spr? Ok lol… Monk with no spr for stone skin?? Ok lol…

Like i said i wana see how you do it on 260+++. assuming? This is fact once you reach that level you’ll know it. C1-p3 will be a hard time supporting getting another support will lower the party exp/hour. And rank 10?? Yeah when pvp arena is not even out yet.

Nobody stopping you in your build and nobody is saying diev is the only best path. We’re saying this to help people out and what to expect in higher level. See topic it says earth tower

1 Like

well thats the thing, theres no such thing as 0 SPR. in fact, items like petamions or other equipment stuff also adds SPR stats, collections etc too.

If you mean you will get 100+ Spr with items instead of damage ability go ahead. That’s least you need lv280 atm and will increase with more levels.

Yes it “isn’t just physical”. thats the magic word “isn’t just”

it means it’s not reliable. It’s not press this button and we’re safe like Barrier or Safety Zone.

it seems like you are the one who doesnt have an idea about priest c3
endgame. when you used multiple hit skills, when you crit, etc. will the damage stays at +170? or will it get multiplied?

I stated Priest1 to Priest3 buff to show that you don’t need Priest 3 for it.
Read again. Priest1 Bless lv3 already can have Lv100 attribute.
Getting Priest3 it’s only 20damage difference for Priest2.
And yes +170 against Diev Dps tools is laughable.

like i mentioned before, my build now is c1P3M3. again, base on my opinion and experience.

Did you just leveled up from C1P3 to C1P3M3 in 5 hours?
“im actually on priest c3 and soon to be monk hehe”

+170 damage blablabla now…compare it with ur owl.

My monk is Priest2(-20dmg) but I’ll bite.

• Bless and Sac can be easily bought for hours for less than 1k in any town. So just like Barrier from Paladin that can have scroll, I don’t give a crap about it.
  • Your calculation is based on AoE with infinite hit counts with high amount of mobs. How exactly you doing this? Energy bean?
  • Why wouldn’t you be able to do that same or more damage with Owl+Carve+20%CDR? Do you understand how strong is 20%CDR alone?
  • We are talking about lv280 content. Where you think you’ll be needing damage while moving? We are talking about ET, World Boss, PvP. In all of them you will do much more damage as Diev and much more safe.

No, Priest is not a Dps pick. Priest can’t compete with Diev in that regard.

Check PDs support and anti-CC. then check the available anti-cc pots that alchemist can craft. come rank 8 with alchemist c3…

Anti-CC is not the reason to go PD. It was already nerfed in Korea because of the uptime. PD Healing Factor and Incineration is as valuable as you may get for 1 rank class. Extremely strong. Specially with Link.

O_o wait what? its a solo class? blablabla Honestly, like i mentioned before, id love to have a Priest c3 + chaplain party mate.

Where did I say Chaplain couldn’t do ET, PvP, GvG, boss hunts etc?
The fact that it’s a solo pick it doesn’t mean you can’t perform well anywhere else.
It means you could have picked something better for party play.
Like Cleric2, Diev2, etc
The Chaplain pick itself does very little for the party comparing with others.

Cleric Cure does a lot of damage by itself? ?_? wut? maybe in low levels? but in ET? also cure needs tons of INT to deal damage. again please watch the video for krivis.

Let’s do the math shaw we?

Zaibas lv15:
19hits 30s CD 2 charges
19 x 2 / 30 = 1.27 hits/second

Cure lv15:
38hits 20s CD
38 / 20 = 1.9 hits/second

Flat base damage difference:
Krivis(356) - Cure(31) = 325 damage.

Cure is one of the best scaling skill Cleric has.
Just like Druid Carnivory with 40 hit counts and Krivis Zaibas with 38.
You tell me how weak you think it’s now.

its like u are fixated to your belief that stone skin is useless in PvE. how can something that nulls damage and CCs in both PvP and PvP become useless in PvE?

I think it’s OP in PvP in a Spr build. But that’s it. Anywhere else I rather have much more damage with more Str, Divine Might and better defence against everything with a decent Safety Zone.
So yeah, PvE wise it’s a terrible choice.

revive is actually blabla with correct management, a priest/support etc can use this as a advantage.

I know well how Revive/Res works but it’s good to put information out there so kudos to you. First thing I agreed with you.

Wrong. There is a invulnerable time after revival. also if a priest is
good enough, he can cast revive skill after resurrection which will
protect the newly resurrected player for the duration.

I was only analyzing resurrection there but lets talk about it then.
In PvP scenario I would be impressed if a Priest don’t start with Revive on.
Not my experience so far but it’s smart that you do that way if you manage to cast Res without risking yourself dying without Revive.
Still Revive is not crucial for anything in this game. Resurrection is.

Not when you have a priest c3 with revive lv10 and at least resu lv2.

That was my whole point wasn’t it? Needing at least Priest1 for res.

Here we go again…

again stop assuming and blaming me for your assumptions. no where in this forum did i posted that i will get 100+ SPR. Also SPR does a lot of benefits other than adding stone skin block rate.

It’s not assumption. It’s a fact that I’m telling you. You need 100+.
Yes, Spr have other functions but I would never go Spr in Monk unless for PvP. With or without Stone Skin.

wait… does diev have barrier skill? unless ofc if a diev use a
barrier scroll which a priest c3 or monk can also use even without
paladin class right? again… omfg…

They have Safety Zone which you don’t. Cleric1 SZ is joke to say the least. They have silence statue with also soft taunt. Both surpass Stone Skin use by a large margin.

Lv100? omfg… over assumption again… did u just sht on your face and
proved to everyone that you are the one who have no fcking idea about
blessing skill?

Max lv 100dmg, did you see my math in the first post? You’re obviously just tolling now. That’s desperate dude.

again… 20 added damage gets multiplied… i honestly dont want to repost my long damage multiplicative above…please just scroll up. oh and btw… i only get lv10 blessing hehe

Sure now calculate Divine Might +1lv in Damage skills.

oh, so you are comparing blessing skills VS all diev skills huh? ahh i see i see… you are now both over assuming and over comparing. why would you compare 1 skill VS 1 class? ?_?

I’m comparing all Cleric1Priest3 skills against Cleric2Priest2 and Cleric2Diev2.
That’s the whole point obviously.

Oh, your assuming again that in 5 hours i reached C1P3M3? Please stop assuming.

I can only work with what I know with what you said. It was not assumption. It’s the fact I had before you add more information.

Exactly! and i did not say that if OP goes Priest C3 he/she cannot go Diev. Also Stone skin cannot be scrolled. now ur trying to move away from the discussion.

Never said it could. It’s exactly what stands out for Priest3.

infinite hit counts? where did i put infinite hit counts? the hit counts i put there is actually 10. and also base on hit counts of skill, i did not say “Infinite”… wtf?

Because there is no Monk skill that can hit 10 counts 10splash constantly. It’s not tangible.

Exactly! 1 Skill VS 3 skills. yes thats how you do it!

That’s exactly how it is. What do you want me to do or say?
Priest doesn’t have damage skills. Diev does. Also gets +1 Divine and 20%CDR.
Deal with it.

wait… who said priest is a dps pick? ?_?

You. You keep saying how blessing is strong and can hold up against C2D2 or C2P2. Lmao
Even Cleric2Priest2 have better damage with Divine Might and more Str.
C1P3 is the weakest. Live with it.

and assuming you have a linker huh? and assuming the OP is asking for DPS build huh? … oh well.

I said specially not necessary. And yes, OP asked about how much he is giving up for Stone Skin. That includes DPS. And a lot of it.

wait… did i say you said chaplain couldnt do ET etc? i didnt say that right? then why the fck are you putting that on me? or its you who fcking assumes again? omfg guys… facepalm

I don’t assume, you specificly told everyone here to watch a video Chaplain doing ET to prove it works. So you assumed I said it doesn’t.

Blessing +170 damage X 150 hits = 25,500 excluding crits.
oh btw, that 25,500 is on top of your normal attack…
do i have to do the math? ?_?

Wtf you talking about now?
I showed you how strong Cure is compared to Zaibas because you said it was trash.
What bless have to do with it!?

why would someone do SPR build? or Full SPR build? you assume that OP will do SPR build and do PvP? so that you can prove that Stone skin is useless because it needs SPR? the fck that logic is rotten!

Not assuming anything. I said it works with Spr and that’s it.
I would never recommend OP to go for it.
Chaplain build is either Spr/Con or Int/Spr/Con.
Weren’t you the one telling us how good it was and how it works? And you don’t know this?

Every player have different gameplay. Not everyone think the way you do. I hope not.

Second time I agreed. Thank god everyone is different.

What? 50% HP recove + 10 sec immortality is not crucial? blablabla but “i” rather be priest c3.

Revive is strong but so are Diev tools.
Priest2 have Revive lv6 so no problems there either.
No, not crucial for PvP or PvE.

“Thanks” for wasting my time correcting everything you said.
Please don’t come back.