Tree of Savior Forum

Monk - Cleric2/Priest2 or Cleric1/Priest3?

Currently a cleric1-priest2 right now, but I’m torn on my next class choice.

Cleric2:
-Gets 30 (!!) more safety zone hits
-Divine Might
-10 heal squares
-Fade

Priest3:
-Stoneskin
-Higher levels of aspersion, revive, ressurection, mass heal

The heal and divine might is tempting, but I’m also planning on going dex build for monk so I’m thinking safety zone might not be worth it as much. The priest 3 benefits seem to be less obvious, but perhaps the support is more powerful later in the game. Thoughts?

Edit: Another question: a friend said that deprotected zone + incinerate only worked when you had the level 3 attribute for DZ. Can anyone confirm?

I don’t know too much about clerics but I was debating between these two options for my paladin, and something to keep in mind is if you go priest3 you’ll have chaplain available for rank 8 later on.

monk the path… so your stats are going around 3 str: 2 Dex: 1 con - 35 spr.
or 3 dex, 2 str, 1con.

you will be in melee range most way, you will spam your heal from cleric 1 all time near your ranged party members, golden bell and stone skin will help your melee party members to survive and you can save anyone with golden bell.

also you damage comes from double punch and your burst skills, you can debuff your target with bleed and armor beak.

sacrament and blessing are good to lvl up and low tier instances they become useless in hyptohetical further lvls (300+).

deprotected zone with around 35 spr can raise your dps a littlebit take 5 points in this one in the future if you see that it’s worth for you.

remember you are melee, need some con if you dont want to get oneshoted, recomend you get plate armor.

PD: in rank 8, you will have new classes wait for it, chaplain isnt that good because you lack in SPR.

I personally went Priest 3 for my Monk and I will be honest, I hate it. When I was leveling through the Priest ranks it seemed really nice and like it would in fact be a solid choice. However as I got into Monk I discovered the flaws in Priest 3.

Most of the abilities you gain from Priest 3 are NOT useful as a Monk. Stone Skin was a major draw for me and I was hoping that even without extra spirit it would at least be a nice skill. It’s not, and reason why is it’s unreliable. When you first acquire SS it works 95% of the time even with no spirit. 50 levels later and its down to around 60%. So now every time a boss is about to do an aoe or I’m standing inside a pack of mobs to DPS I’m already risking a lot of damage. Do I risk it or move to avoid the damage? It’s failed and left me close to death to many times. More spirit would help but Monk already lacks damage compared to DPS classes so I can’t afford the loss. Sacrament was nice but is now useless. Blessing still helps but is slowly falling off and can be almost as good with P2. That leaves what? Mass heal at 10 which is the ONLY redeeming skill here but if you miss that heal because people are running around like idiots(and you will sometimes) you a %^&$ed as a healer.

I regret going Priest 3. It was a bad choice, I was warned but ignored the message and decided to find out for myself. I have bars full of buttons now and most of them are never touched.

But have fun spamming stam pills as you miss double punches on mobs RIGHT in front of you. All the while other players afk auto attack, stand in aoe and then suddenly scramble around waiting for you to heal them with 5 heal tiles.

I’m… rerolling something else.

2 Likes

I think this post of yours deserve it’s own thread. :slight_smile:

Interesting experience. I think for your playstyle, you were much better off with cleric2/priest2 or diev2.
For me, I’d never trade my priest3/monk with any other, but being a priest3/monk is hard for a party player. It really is more for solo/part time support.

But again I say, idiot parties are idiots. They can ruin all your efforts and doesn’t matter what build you have, they can easily screw you over, one way or another.

Having 2 lv100+ clerics with 2 completely different builds, makes me realize that no matter what you do, unless you stuck yourself to a smart party, gg.

(Oh on the hotkey bar, i always exhaust all the priest/monk skills :dizzy_face: crazy when all is in cooldown)

If you still in doubt just read that whole topic discussion.
Over 20 comments about it there.
HF

lol i you dont like priest 3 monk, you are not gonna like cleric 2 monk, there is not much diffrence except you can stand still 2 seconds longer in protective zone, and you can put a few more squares out on the field, stoneskin is great because its just like having another protect zone that lets you move around more, whill not as consistant its still a great spell when you factor in it works on your whole party

Priest C3 is for Lv10 Revive, Lv10 Mass Heal, and Stone Skin more than anything else. Blessing at Lv3 is more than enough since most of the damage is from it’s attributes. At Lv3 and max attributes I have 125 extra damage, and I was able to invest in better skills.

Revive at Lv10 gives 50% HP for every player that dies and gives them another life, at max duration from attributes you have it up most of the time. That equals 10 heal blocks of 5% HP healing (not counting extra healing from INT of course, but we’re monks, not INT based). Not to mention the 10 second invincibility for your party members if they die.

Mass Heal Lv10 gives 28% + a bit extra. Equal to a little more than 5 Heal blocks, per person casted on. I usually tend to get around 2-3 people at a time with good positioning.

Priest C2 - Cleric C2 is nice but I prefer to my max revive and mass heal, and have stone skin, which even at Lv180+ where I’m at, is still very useful and gives out plenty of blocks for my party, which is prevented damage that doesn’t need heal blocks. Every one block Stone Skin gives out is damage that would have been healed, sometimes multiple heal blocks would have been wasted.

Also, don’t put any Dex into Monk, or SPR. Regardless of what anyone tells you, especially people who try to defend their messed up stat-build. The best way to build a Monk is putting all your points into STR and CON, and get Critical Rate from gems.

This is how I built mine.

I prefer P.D over Monk C3. Monk C3 only offers 160 more damage on Double Punch, and even though the Energy Blast gives 400 more damage, and is a bit better, it doesn’t justify sacrificing the usefulness, utility, synergy of P.D and even has extra damage from incinerate (even with no INT, skill damage and a good Blunt is enough to give you extra DPS).

Hope that helps.