Tree of Savior Forum

Client Crash When Bossing Nov 17 2015 5:38 EST

It actually appears to be related to the circular bullet pattern. None of the other ones seem to crash if your settings are lowered.

1 Like

try to window mode and lower resolution (if you guys ok with it) so far works for me i donā€™t get the error boss skill anymore.

Every time I hit a boss in bule tohou mode, the game crashesā€¦ so I guess donā€™t hit the boss during blue tohou mode?

[PSA] Temporary Boss Crash Solution < refer here for temporary solution

1 Like

I just hope they fix this before the CBT ends :sweat:

mine are already unchecked in graphic settings v-sync off lowers resolution etc low mode and it still crashesā€¦ the only way i finished the quest thru queen gesti is toā€¦ do normal attackā€¦

Since one of the causes you said was frame drop i tried not moving everytime the boss uses the pewpew thingy and it worked, though it will cause some of the projectiles to hit you, its worth it for finishing the quest >_>

Whatā€™s there to be grateful about? What needs to stop is white knights who think developers are doing players a favor by allowing them to play their games. :joy:

It should actually be the other way around - since this right here is basically alpha and everyone is debugging the game for free so they donā€™t have to hire actual internal testers for even the most basic features.

1 Like

Ok, can we have a Closed Beta Test that is real useful to test the aspects of the game?

We need a game out of the bugs box to test it and make our feedback.

There are / were a lot of bugs since closed beta launched but that new one makes the game unplayable, and cause of that, we are now with tied hands to continue testing.

This is a type of bug that needs an urgent fix, and leaving it the way it is now just makes people leave the game and some will never come back, even if it is a closed beta.

Donā€™t take that feedback to the bad side, i love the game, but itā€™s unplayable now.

Sorry for the possible bad english.

Same happened with me, lost all my gems. Iā€™m so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  mad right now.
3 times I tried and on two different computers, same error and unable to go on.
ā– ā– ā– ā–  this ā– ā– ā– ā–  Iā€™m going back to Minecraft.

1 Like

I hope this helps understand how to avoid the crash.
I also came up with another theory why this might not be working for everyone.

If you have a low end PC, the frames might be dropped below 1 FPS which causes the crash.
Someone like me who is usually at 70~120 FPS when not recording is dropped to about 12 FPS
when the bullets appear.
Not too sure.

1 Like
1 Like

omg ā€¦ I have the same WTF ~. ~, you can not play ā€¦ crashes non-stop ā€¦ HELP !!!

great job!"! IMC! ā– ā– ā– ā–  UP THIS GAME!!

how do they keep introducing worse and worse bugs as they fix other bug?
this i donā€™t really understand

DoT skill will cause the game to crash whenever thereā€™s the arcade shooting bullet animation. Every Pyromancerā€™s skills are DoT lol

IMO the ā€œArcade Bulletā€ attack that some bosses do should be removed from the game not only because itā€™s a completely unappealing boss attack visually and mechanically (it does virtually no damage to you) but because it slows most of the testers clients to a grinding hault FPS wise and crashes the game. Itā€™s great that the game developers tried to put something in the game that feels old school, but itā€™s causing too many problems. #projectremovestupidbossbullets

Actually, before the last maintenance it didnā€™t lower any FPS or caused any problems.
Something happened during the last maintenance which caused it to bug out badly now.

HOWEVER, I believe the Rage Mode Bullets were actually removed in kCBT3.
(from what Iā€™ve read before.)
The information could be false, but yeah they should be removed.
I feel like itā€™s a lazy design for an attack that multiple different bosses have.

Kinda frustrating when this happens right when there are only a few days left of the beta.

If this is how international community will be treated in the open beta then iā€™ll sadly pass the game (and i loved the game).

Full of the most urgent fixing bugs and no words about it.