Tree of Savior Forum

[PSA] Temporary Boss Crash Solution

Hello!
So a lot of us have been dealing with a new crash that is affecting
our Daily Bossing, or Quest Progression.
You might have seen/posted in this thread.

Recently, STAFF_J has just replied to the thread.

NOW for the solution I found after 7 hours of annoying crashes.
(Not non-stop of course, I’ve been frustrated and taken several breaks for 30~40mins in between.)

Here is what you must do to avoid crashing for now:

Step 1: When you see the Boss glow Red. (Indicating it’s going to start shooting red bullets.)
Run away from it and after covering enough distances, try not to move or attack.
(You can move slightly to not get hit by the bullets.) But don’t move too much.
It will cause the FPS to drop more which could also cause the Crash Error.

Step 2: Try turning off FXAA - Someone claimed this helped, but not too sure.
Still continue doing Step 1 even with FXAA turned off.

After I did all these, I still got the crash, and people said it didn’t work for them either.
Here are a few reason’s that might have caused the crash even after you followed these steps.

The problem I was having for mine was the Companion, it can trigger the crash if it hits
the Boss during the Red Bullets, I solved this one myself and finally beat the Boss for my quest.

If you aren’t using a Companion and got the Crash, then it could be 1 of several other things.

1. You had some AoE lying on the ground.
    (i,e): Heals, Fire Floor, etc that was hitting the boss while it triggered Rage Bullets.

2. Someone in your party hit the boss during Rage Bullets, and cause you both
    to crash. (Not sure, but I feel like that could be a reason.)

I think that’s all there is to it.
I’ll edit this if I find out anymore solutions.

The only bad thing about this, It requires us to spend more time fighting the boss
if they keep spamming Rage Bullets often.

9 Likes

I tried Step 2 and turning off my companion, that fixed the issue. :smile:

1 Like

Hey there! So, I was stuck at the final boss in Mage Tower 5f because of that stupid bug, but I’ve found another way to turn it around I think?
When the boss started to glow red, I tried to run to avoid the error, but I couldn’t. That’s when the interesting part begins: normally, I would take the error and die by being afk while the client is trying to shut down, then I’m kicked out of the Mage Tower. But this time, I was at a safe distance from the boss, so I didn’t die, neither was kicked out. When I started the game again, the bug simply didn’t occur anymore. The boss shot the heck out of that little balls and nothing unusual happened.

turning FXAA off solved the problem here.

1 Like

Still not working here :’(
I just want to pass the boss, why is this so hard …

now i have the same problem again when fighting a different boss than before, FXAA off and still crashes.

My question for anyone crashes or fixed their issue, so we can further narrow it down:

What bullet pattern was the boss on when you crashed and were you close to it? Did it hit you? Did you hit it?

I suspect that turning off FXAA only helps limit it to a specific pattern and a specific combination of things (that bullet pattern and getting hit by the boss right next to it, maybe?). If it is a specific pattern, that would explain why it seems to be somewhat inconsistent.

18+ strong language in party chat.

may be it can help. Sorry for sound. It was recorded not for public use.

We crashed when we used Pyro skills like fireballs, any walls, pillars, etc. Anything that deal damage over time.
We killed boss with only auto attacks (2 times).

for each update the bugs get worse :confused:

Correction; For every fix, a new bug is created.
I wouldn’t nessarily say worst.
The game is still playable.

You just need to be careful around the bosses when they
use the Red Bullets that shoot around them.
It just takes longer to kill because you have to stay away from them during the bullets.

Once you figure out how to avoid the crash and get used to it for now, it will become easier to do.

I would suggest these things until it gets fixed.

1. Solo the bosses.

2. Don’t use Companions.

3. Don’t leave any DoT (Damage over Time) skills on the ground that hits the boss when he’s gonna
    shoot the bullets, since hitting the boss regardless during it will crash you.

4. When the boss is shooting the red bullets, make sure you’re far away and try not
    to move as much when your away from him, moving lowers your FPS more.
    If the FPS drops too badly during the Red Bullets, that will cause you to crash too.

1 Like

skbullen, I tried but your strategy doesn’t work (turn off all graphics options, no companion, auto-attack)

Client crash every time. So you have had luck ^^

And lankaino, even with your suggestions = crash client ^^

Are you crashing during the Red Bullets though?
or during something else?

During Red Bullets, every time. And I’m far away

I tried it but still crash, sad…

Next time I fight a Boss that has the Red Bullets, I’ll be sure to record it
to show how I get through it.

Me And my friend, Cataphract And Pyromancer deactivate all graphics options And my mount, And kill with only basic attack. No crash this way.

me and a friend still crash during red bullets even after trying everyones trick , my question is , will they fix it or just ignore it till the end of beta ?!??

They aren’t ignoring it.
They updated the Known Issues as of 11/18/2015.
They are most likely solving it now, and will probably be fixed before the weekend.

Alright, I don’t know what’s going on with the forums, but I can’t save my Edit in the
Original Post.

But here you guys go.
Video Solution on How it’s done.

I also came up with another theory why this might not be working for everyone.

If you have a low end PC, the frames might be dropped below 1 FPS which causes the crash.
Someone like me who is usually at 70~120 FPS when not recording is dropped to about 12 FPS
when the bullets appear.
Not too sure.

I had the same problem on Blue Spirit boss on Vieta Gorge.
Solved by walking very far away when it started to shot rage bullets.

And even far when my framerate dropped.
Normally my FPS is about 120, but drops to 15 with bullets, also disabled FXAA.