Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

SPR on OoB won’t change that the support mechanics of Sadhu aren’t potent.

It gives synergy mainly into Krivis or Priest which you are forced into squeezing into every Sadhu build in some way unless you go into higher tier Cleric. I am starting to feel the tiered class system is in need of being looked at for balance too.

My thought was mainly with Krivis support skills people usually do not take.

Only Zaicai scales with SPR.
I understand the sentiment, it’s simply that this classes limitations span past our ability to hold Z for damage.

Cataphract: Focused on mobility has quite a bit of Crowd Control as well with respectable damage.

Rodelero: Focused on Crowd Control and defensive fortitude.

Elementalist: Focused on damaging multiple enemies.

Thauma: Focused on Buffing allies and weakening alies.

Wugushi: Focused on Defense ignoring poisons/multi-hits.

Scout: Another movement based class (With Stealth), manipulation of distance. Kind of oddly put together but it’s a fairly self reliant kit

Paladin: Focused on Magic/Elemental damage plus offensively better on Devils/Mutants.

Sadhu: A hodge podge of different things. The Spirit is the thematic focus but the spirit in general is underplayed. Which makes no sense given that the C1 skills are literally only Spirit based skills. If the Spirit isn’t consistently relevant (and this doesn’t have to be damage) there is a definite problem as unlike Bokor there wasn’t a choice between Zombies or Effigy present at C1. There’s no choice between Spirit and non-spirit mechanically until C2. So the 4 Spirit Skills have to work absolutely. Possession should frankly be the least important skill in the Sadhu repertoire or serve to compliment those 4 initial skills.

I’m actually quite happy with ABE’s damage though after fiddling around in ktest. Need to wait for the next reset and of course silvers for the expensive attributes.

I end up comparing ABE with other skills cause it is currently the only redeeming feature of Sadhu (I so want this class to work…). The rest of the skills are either lackluster or are utter trash.

As of now imo, Sadhu currently is only worth a C1 investment. All the rest of the skills aren’t really worth the 2 extra circles.

ABE is really good with Kabbalist’s Double Chance, it effectively adds at least 1+ hits of 50% in which ABE hits for. So even at level 5 of ABE which is around 1000+%, double chance effectively makes it deal 2500+% total. If is 7 hits of 50%, then it is 4500% every 35-40secs which is pretty neat.

Kabbalist need some extra hit area for Double chance though, but that’s for the kabbalist thread. Yet to try whether the extra hits from Merkabah affects OOB, will test it again tomorrow.

Possession, I can’t really bring myself to like it now after the damage nerf. There are just so many things that will hit the player out of channeling. I’ll rather take Miko as a circle 1 than having Sadhu C2/C3 just for an easier ground based aoe.

Sigh.

Edit: Think going C2> Priest 3 > Sadhu1 > Kab2 full SPR build might be better instead of the one in the vid. Or maybe C1 >Priest 3 > Sadhu1 >Miko1 > Kab2…

whats your skill build for kabbalist paired with sadhu? im not overly familiar with kabbalist skills

Kabbalist c2

• Lv5 Double Chance (a must as each level gives 10% damage for a total of 50%)

• A high level of Gematria or Notarikon (lv5+ is ok, the more levels the more mobs it will affect)

• Lv5 Merkabah (This is bread and butter for kabbalist)

• Lv3+ Ein Sof (Didn’t take cuz my level still low and is testing)

• Lv1+ R7F (for PVE wise lv1 is good enough for a 1hit shield)

The rest of the skills is dependent on individual’s playstyle.

As for Sadhu side…

• Lv1 OOB
  • Lv5 Astral Body Explosion

This is the part i was mainly interested in. Does one typically have better results than the other on average or is it just kind of a 50/50 depending on enemy.

It really depends on the enemy. I remember there was a graph somewhere in the kabbalist thread which shows which skill has better numbers overall. My personal advice is take either one to at least 5+, then leave the other at a low level but at least a 1. So we wun get to situations where the calculation skill returns a 0.

Well, I still prefer Sadhu C2 over Sadhu C1, because of Praktiris Heal attribute (15% is pretty neat and the additional CD is removed, so you get a level 3 personal Heal every 9 seconds) and Possession, in addition to more damage with ABE and more range for OOB.
The main reason for this is because with level 10+ OOB you can easily snap over your Heal tiles/Cure to lure monsters into them without triggering them by running over them with your AB + Praktiri.
Neat utility that can’t be replaced by any other C1 of another job (except maybe Priest C1 for double Heals with 100% uptime)…

Sadhu C3 not worth it anymore, as I said I’ll go Diev C1 for Laima/Zeymyna/Vakarine and that awesome Carve Attack (1425% damage at level 4 every 17 seconds isn’t too shabby) instead.

@thebloodyaugust : well, it really depends, but the problem is that you usually can’t guess the database name of the monsters. You’d have to evaluate all of them to know which skill is potentially more effective.
[Maybe I’ll start a little database if I find the time and urge to play again, or once the rank reset hits iTOS for monsters& their corresponding numbers…]

Also, by taking Kabbalist to C2, you get an attribute that adds additional targets to your Gematria and Notarikon, so having both at level 1 is really sufficient currently (1+3 via attribute +1 via Divine Might = 5 possible targets). Hitting all of them with Double Chance is ± impossible (believe me, no matter how hard I tried, I never managed to get more than 4 of them affected with Double Chance; most of the time only 2 or 3 of 5 are affected due to the small AoE…).

But back to Sadhu:
@Nekorin : could you, if you have time, test if the synergy of Double Chance and OOB autoattacks is still a thing?
Last time when I tested it on iTOS, the attack wasn’t reduced by 50% but instead amplified and then multiplied by the calculated number of Double Chance. Since OOB seems to still scale quite okish (though the passive was nerfed to max 50%) , it would be interesting to know if that was still a thing (would still only account to max ~2500% later on with Kabba C3 but well xD).

Hmm I’ve tested Double Chance and OOB.

It seems like the skill just takes the total damage of 3 hits (since OOB autos are 3x fake multi hit @127% iirc) and halves it (for double chance lv5).

Tested out Sadhu after the 20/04/17 patch.

• OOB still sucks (This is with 1759 matk), lower defences are still there

• Possession scales much better with matk now (screenshot is possession lv5), it is still a hit and miss for me though, channeling skills like this is a risk, there are times where it does only like 1-2 ticks before it is gone.

I personally have a cler3sadhu3kabba2 and for boss purposes gematria + reduce level and or double chance is a huge help.

Roll a 9+ on a boss
Depending on boss level either reduce level or Double chance
Let heavy hitting DPS burst i.e. dethrone, quintain, cannon blast, etc.

The numbers add up very nicely as well.

But then it will be more of kabbalist leading the show rather than Sadhu, since Sadhu don’t really contribute much currently to the support side too.

Any other class + Kabbalist c2 can still do the same thing.

1 Like

So is the conclusion that you might as well be a Priest rather than Sadhu which is still poor a poor choice for your rank 4 to 6 options? Compare ME and Exorcism to Possession and OOB to blessing.

I feel like they havent buffed Sadhu’s OBB because maybe there is something they know and we dont? Some way to cheese things, or some hidden mechanic? Or like, maybe they just dont want it to be a main form of attacking/playstyle?

1 Like

is it true that possession has 6.5 seconds now. if yes, how many hits it can do? hopefully still 30. :frowning:

This is very true. +1

Anyone here use Vashita commonly?

If so Does it not affect MOBs stats? only players?

@ophiuchu

As of current ktos-test server iteration, yes, sadly any other class is also better than sadhu.

I think even if the player just totally random his/her rank 4-6 classes out of anything that is available, the result build will be better than Sadhu c3, be it in DPS or in support T_T

@Future

Frankly speaking like what @Delcas said, IMC’s concept of sadhu is all over the place now. Only c2 and c3 skills are usable out of OOB, so 2/3 of Sadhu’s skills are dedicated to OOB play.

When we looked at it, IMC wants OOB to be some kind of positioning tool. OOB and Prakriti both basically have low to almost negligible cooldowns (0sec and 9secs).

Just with these 2 skills alone it encourages a playstyle which is similar to Protoss’s Adept units. Using fast movement speed which OOB has to traverse distances in a short time. This playstyle is further supported with Astral Body Explosion having a a knockback/push away attribute in which the Sadhu player can “OOB in, explode, OOB+Prakriti out” of enemy groups.

But sadly this playstyle is sort of hampered with the following:

• OOB has a 1sec cast time. (Lowering to 0.4/0.6secs will be a lot better)
  • ABE has a 30sec cooldown, which kind of renders going into OOB mode useless since OOB does little damage on its own, and is more of a movement tool.

If IMC does want to place emphasis on making movement a selling point of Sadhu, they need to lower all the cooldowns of the skills, especially ABE.

A good way is to reduce ABE’s cooldown to 15secs instead of 30, but halve its damage, to 753% at lv15. This makes the class a lot more mobile and fits into to the OOB playstyle.

Another sell point which I see IMC attempted to put in Sadhu is the usage of channeling skills, Sadhu has a whole slew of channeling skills, from damage/CCs, to buffs and debuffs.

IMC further amp up this by allowing skill to be cast/channelled while in OOB state, but the bad part of it is the spirit can’t really do anything while the main body is channelling. It defeats the purpose totally.

Posted my thoughts on buffing the channeling side of Sadhu here.

@Sappii

Yet to try though, will test it in ktest.

1 Like

Its 21 hits for 4489.8% Total.

Up from the 1800-something% we were doing yesterday.

Doesn’t make up for the meh OoB performance however IMO.

I don’t use Vashita at all. I’ve tried before and just reskilled it out on the test server there’s no point. The skill is garbage.

@Nekorin
I think you’re a little off the mark.
You can run faster than Prakriti+ OoB with just a token.
Sadhu isn’t necessarily a mobile class. It’s basically a turret class or any given “root” champ/hero/god of a Moba or MMO.
Possession, Vagarbage, and OoB all Root you. Recall that Prakriti’s attribute that heals you outside of the test servers increases its CD. The thing is basically an “escape” when you approach at long distances using a high level Out of Body. Other then that you aren’t out maneuvering anybody.

If anything I’d say Sadhu has very poor mobility, intentionally I would presume.
Generally characters trade mobility for some level of power, particularly in a PvP context. That Mage that is a sitting duck for people to drop their big attacks on and the like? Typically compensated with raw power or other means of being very threatening. This is further suggested by the 0 defense (1 on test) that we have.

I’ve tested vashita in TBL and it seems like its best used on players as it dumps their maximum HP a tad bit other than that i’ve not found a real use for it. Thanks @Delcas and thanks @Nekorin

i’m disappointed with these sadhu changes. the current standing of sadhu is underwhelming. nothing good is happening for sadhus in ktest. they are really the forgotten class. so sad. :’(