Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

Actually I think that Possession does need to keep that disabling feature, even more since it’s now the only non-magic circle in the Cleric skill tree that can disable enemies that are immune to knockback/knockdown.

Even Mikos Hamaya now no longer hitlocks enemies (dunno about Cure; it seems Magnus Exorcismus still hitlocks enemies even with its 2 hits/second), so it can become a nice way to shorten time between Cooldowns, especially since now it’s harder to reduce incoming damage with defence-stacking.

As Clerics lack the standard ways of disabling enemies like Archers, Swordsmen and Wizards do for many of their Classes and skills, having at least one skill to temporary disable your foes is a decent thing.

The thing they should consider is making the channeling uninterruptable (except for getting knocked back/knocked down) again to make it easier to execute the skill till the end, otherwise the possible loss of damage is too great because of the low base damage per hit :frowning:

I think @yurichalps has the right idea.

it seems very much like they are using blanket numbers to get things similar, i would assume the following step is to adjust skills up and down from their based on their bonus’s / draw backs.

RIP Sadhu, I will definitely give up my hope for this class if this change hits iTOS.

F*ck that damage.

Never give up…

Man Forget Possession. It still works because the current state of the game is get Blessing/Enchant Lightning/Enchant Fire on and use a Multi-hit.
Pretty much provides half to triple your damage.

Shop bought blessing is throwing up 2089 damage right now on every hit of My Pyro Skills.

Thats 2089 * Possessions 30 hits.
Difference between 2600 and 600 damage.

Blessing still has limited hit count which obviously means…
You are good for 170 hits and then Possession is just a glorified CC.

ABE is single hit however and OoB is not affected by Blessing.

My theory is IMC trying to push people away from Sadhu because they can’t make bald hairstyle yet. Oh and maybe, just maybe, IMC is secretly a pious supporter of Abrahamic religions and wants to turn people off from other faith like Bokor, Monk, Sadhu, and Krivis.

1 Like

But there are Catholic Monks. I personally am taught in a Benedictine school.

Tried to calculate my Sadhu-Miko’s damage in the new patch
And I found

Sadhu Possession lv5
30hits in 10sec
= 1530%

MIko Gohei lv5
8hits in 3sec
= 2880%

Sadhu was dead
From the beginning
To the end

Try comparing Sadhu’s Astral Body Explosion vs Inquisitor’s God Smash.

lv10 Astral Body explosion (requires at least 1 point in OOB) to use:

= 1506% @ 30secs cooldown

lv1 Godsmash

= 1260% @ 30secs cooldown with 3 overheats.

That is a bad comparison lol. Ones rank 8 and ones rank 4. Ranks 8 skills are still expected to be better.

Hopefully the next round of balance changes in ktest will show from feed back. I hope our korean player overlords have been saying “y u no buf the sadhuman” ;_;

1 Like

But not to that extend right? Thought IMC’s stance on the balancing is to make early classes still viable in end game.

Yea, but viable does not mean = strength the fact that is has damage similar to god smash would mean it is already close to viable if it didn’t require so much set up. i could see it going maybe a little higher since it requires that said setup maybe like 1800% - 2000% but i don’t see it going any further.

Key point here and exactly what kills the class still. Just looking at numbers is fine but when you are comparing DPS time is a factor especially in the soap box of aiming to one shot everything.

No he is right it’s a bad comparison.
Meteor for instance at level 10 is 2300% with double the cooldown.

Let’s relook at the numbers
OoB: 129% 3 fake multi hit
ABE 851% - 1506%. 1 hit
Possession - 1140 - 1830% 30 real hits in 10 seconds.

Since im on ktest.

You do more damage on Itos with a weaker weapon than you do on Ktest with a stronger weapon with Out of Body.
"well it’s relative to the hp loss right?"
The monster in question has 3x the health of the Itos version (Green Velwrigger) and you do less damage with OoB.

ABE is about 50% of their health. Which again ain’t too shabby given the health was tripled.

Possessio is 30 hits in 10s. If you have a 2k Blessing on you that’s 60k damage before we even talk about your own magic attack. Situationally it’s nice offensively a lot of the time it won’t be because well Blessing has a Hit count so who is replenishing the hits for you?

Psychokino and Sadhu are Attack/Support hybrids:
The huge amount of CC Psychokino makes its role clear.

Sadhu Support is all over the place and it is mostly Trash.
a 30s Knockback, a 45s CD stat reduction that is fairly trivial.
Loss of INT that only really works if OoB is worth using to snapshot your stats.
A defense reduction that cannot be used while using your stat reduction skill or your Crowd Control multi-hit
A Binding CC unrelated to your spirit that multi-hits.

Think I’m just going to recreate the Cleric C3 Sadhu C3 since Cure and Heal do damage…

1 Like

Are you able to get a Kaloo hammer for hilarity sake of testing to see if it is 1 SPR for 1 damage still?

Would be a pain to go wait for the Fire Lord boss.
Already had to do that with Temple Shooter to get my damn Templeshooter card.
Kaloo hammer’s odds are even worse. No thanks hombre.
I’m interested but it’s not worth the effort.

Yea i understand that, that is why i pointed out the setup im just saying that people should not expect Explosion to match the damage of all 3 god smash overheats. Main point i was after was just to say don’t expect equal damage out of a rank 4 and 8 skill even after changes the higher ranks will be stronger.

I do however agree sadhu needs a lot of work, been in this thread since it started and have no intention of giving up on my sadhu, just want people to have realistic expectations.

This might sound like blasphemy but it could be considered to scale the damage of OOB off SPR instead of INT if they want to pass this class off as a hybrid support. Maybe a mixture of both to give it proper synergy with other classes in a wide variety. Then they without a doubt have to just make the entire class play more fluidly by speeding up animations and making things not disrupt OOB as much like ABE.

Yea but being a red class they shouldn’t do that they should just push the red classes as dps like they are marked. I personally believe sadhu / druid / monk / etc should have better damage on their skills then the green / blue / yellow classes in cleric. And if you move sadhu to spr it would make the road up to druid pretty barren of int selections that are not support. Sadhu might be a pipe dream though :stuck_out_tongue: