Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

I still consider the 2 skills as movement though, It basically allows the player to decide which 2 locations he/she wants the avatar to be in the end. That is in concept though, IMC’s implementation of it is really bad.

I do like the turret concept, with various channel skills rooting the player, like you said, really bad implementation. If IMC wants to put so many channelled skills in, the best way to make it unique is to let OOB spirit still able to attack and use ABE while the main body is channeling. This compensates for the risk the player takes for having 0 defence, since it is basically like controlling 2 characters (or 1.5) with 1 avatar.

I do look forward to the time when my main body can channel Possession, rooting the mobs while my spirit continues to attack the mobs that are rooted.

1 Like

This will be by far the best thing to see, It would scream for a lot more “Skill” in sadhu gameplay, but as we stand thus far i personally would like to think sadhus take not only patience but lot’s of said “skill” already.

Its certainly a movement skill, but in the context of how Sadhu operates it doesn’t make Sadhu a mobile class.
Sadhu’s gameplay is very stationary which increases its vulnerability on top of the 0 defense.

I figure the premise of Possession is a venus Fly Trap situation to begin with.
With Oob you drop magic fields at your feet generally. Tag an enemy, they walk up toward you and eat these Magic fields then you slap them with possession. If you can’t maintain OoB for whatever reason you can try and get them in Possession but it’ll likely also be cancelled.

My mind is working towards trying to make 3 main paths valuable to Sadhu.

Cleric C3 path
Kriv C2 path
Priest C2 Path

Or at least that’s the goal I’d like IMC to work towards not to discredit Bokor C1 or Diev C1. Making Sadhu good independent of them I believe is the first step?

They have to either make those three paths less viable to continue down in the first place or what you are saying by buffing Sadhu to an acceptable standard. Then it becomes the balancing act of having to also do this with Bokor, Monk, ect ect

Well Sacrament now gains 1 point of Holy element per SPR.
Just made a full SPR Priest C2- Sadhu c3, in addition to the Cleric C3 Sadhu c3 and Kriv C2 Sadhu c3 I have on Ktest.
Not going to match INT obviously since Int gives notably more damage then that, but it helps towards that goal.

Hey, SPR means Spirit, soo why not? xD

3 Likes

I did some possession dmg test along with zaibas. lvl10 Possession with lvl60 dmg atrib (30%+).

OoB still ■■■■, they buffed to 220% in the first patch, then nerfed to 180~190% and now is 129%. Don’t know what Mr.Kim was thinking to nerf OoB.

4 Likes

Never went to 180% -_- went straight from 220% to 129% in that same patch they nerfed multi-hits Q_Q.

You now do more damage on ITOS with OoB than you do on Ktos.
So if anyone thinks OoB is weak right now.
You’re gonna cry :stuck_out_tongue:
Plus the damn reduction to only 10% Defense removed and 3s duration to trivialize the only contribution the skill could truly make: Support.

2 Likes

imo, they should just overwork the whole Sadhu theme. Make OOB attacks not generate threat/aggro, or if it generates aggro, make it generate aggro towards your spirit (which can’t be attacked; would be hilarious to see monsters trying to harm it).

That could justify any low attack% that IMC wants to give OOB-attacks, making OOB basically a guerilla-tactics skill to wear down an enemy before striking it hard to give it synergy with e.g. Oracle C3s Twist of Fate and/or combos with Fade/Dark Sight to reset threat after bursting with other Classes skills and resume autoattacking.

Instead, Sadhu is basically bad at everything now in combi with OOB:
No defence (getting hit hurts)
No evasion (it’s even harder to get good amounts of evasion now)
No attack (129% is weak; meanwhile, Monk has been boosted to 228%x2)
generates threat towards your body
attribute debuff worthless (10% for 3 seconds)
attack attribute nerfed and overpriced
No ASPD-scaling via DEX (Double Punch and most other attack skills/autoattack skills stack with ASPD now)

Best would be to turn Sadhu into a magical Assassin that strikes from the shadows (i.e. OOB) fast and painful, and uses his other damage skills mainly to disable the enemies (rooting&knockdown) when trying to pursue him. Vashita Siddhi could be turned into an endless debuff to cripple the enemy till it dies (instead of plain stats, make it %, 5% per level, including substats like HP,SP,Block,Evasion,Accuracy; Similar to how Acolytes Signum Crucis works in RO); this would make Sadhu a fearful enemy and pretty much useful for every kind of Cleric build.

1 Like

Exactly how I see Sadhu right now, too many CONS, and can’t even be sure what PROS there are besides the “unusual” playstyle it offers.

Urr…
I think the Out of body defense removal might be bugged…

Getting a large damage boost with melee damage when an enemy is affected.
Not that I mind, it’s pretty cool.

Monk skills, Carve attack …the spirit hitting with the Dagger via C, even leaving out of body to quickly Basic attack with the monk mace. It’s all doubled up…

Thought this was weird so I go and reroll to Priest for Monstrance. Drop Monstrance on an enemy which is also supposed to reduce damage 10%.
The damage change is so insignificant I don’t really notice…sounds about right.

Go to Highlander and use Skull Swings Armor Break. I don’t even notice a damage change which is worth discussion in and of itself…

Use 100 stacks of Deprotected zone (which is 3% total for whatever god forsaken reason) and damage increases just barely.

Go use level 15 Coursing 12.5% Not getting a boost on physical.

yet this 10% thing is amping up my melee damage a lot. I am lost absolutely.
Well until this changes…
Sadhu C1 Monk is a thing. I presume it applies to all physical in general which funny enough makes Sadhu a good class (at C1) overall because of how large a contribution that is, but fairly sure its a bug or it is the only armor skill that is actually working.

Sadhu at C1 is the best the class has to offer in ktest currently. Totally not worth going the 2 extra circles. OOB doesn’t increase in damage per level and lv5 ABE is already 2/3 of the total damage of lv15 ABE.

Getting miko 1 circle > Sadhu circle2 or 3 for the Possession. At the very least the gains in aoe, and the Gohei damage skill yields more than what C2 sadhu will offer.

I was looking at Murmillo and thinking…

What if IMC creates an attribute for Sadhu that once you buy it, all the hand skills from monk (Double Punch, Palm Strike, Hand Knife and One Inch Punch) can be used by the spirit, changing the calculation to use INT (or half of it, if this would make it too overpower)?

The reason is that, for me, is hard to find classes that have good synergy with Sadhu. So far I can only go for defensive methods to keep me away form hits (Cleric c1/c2, Druid c2, Taoist), but nothing that add on the damage side. I think that would be a nice addition, and creating a class dependent relation would not be a new thing (Pelt/Rode/Murmillo and Priest/Chaplain, and even Monk/Paladin/Inquisitor) or even change Monk at all, cause the class will exists in the actual way it does, but also can help Sadhu to shine a little more and be more viable in the DPS side, wich is what pretty much all Sadhu players want, I think.

I have a thought about a way to buff Sadhu 0.0
Make the spirit be able to use some (not all) skills char has , just like Shinobi’s clones
But it will consume sp every second or decrease some damage (25% maybe?)
This may make the spirit more useful

Well⋯This is just a thought =.=

The problem that Sadhu has is not that the Class is especially weak or that it has no synergy with other Classes but that the Class itself is a complete wreck,especially after the combat system changes.

As I ran a DEX/CON Sadhu build on my main, I’m pretty confident that even this build is not viable anymore after the changes.

Evasion got nerfed, and thus is the OOB attribute.

Defence still ~0 in OOB = double nerf (you get hit more often and thus recieve a lot more damage).

Statpoints not stacking anymore= harder to get more CON/HP = easier to die [more nerf].

OOB attacks weaker than before [150%*2->129%*1,5] with the same investment. Also, why invest into OOB [i.e. 49m for 50% more damage] if you can just get better gear [i.e. crit gear + practonium]and invest in DEX to autoattack at the same speed as OOB with 150% crit modifier and additional crit damage from DEX without any defence penalties?

All attack skills of Sadhu can be canceled during cast, which makes him even more pathetic now:
Possession? Got hit = canceled + into CD
Astral Body Explosion? Get hit during the 1,5-2,5 second cast time = canceled + into CD
OOB? get hit with knockback/knockdown = canceled (or dead, depending on your HP,damage resistance,etc.)

The other skills are still self-crippling:
Vashita Siddhi = self-rooting for 10 seconds and the effect is useless
Transmit Prana = self-crippling (% reduce of INT and additional stats)

Only useful skill without shortcomings is Praktiri for its self-heal attribute and maneuverability boost during OOB (i.e. making it easier to evade AoE attacks with low-medium cast times).

1 Like

I’m pretty confident that that build wasn’t even viable before these changes. Or at any point in time really.

1 Like

I know that this idea don’t solve all the problems. I still think that the class need, at least, an increase on the spirit’s damage or proc buff damages, and have more than just Transmit Prana for c3. I just think that giving more options the the spirit would increase the usability of the class and the spirit itself, giving that even a regular auto attack with buffs is stronger than the spirit.

If the spirit could have more usage, we could really invest in it, once protection and conceal is not that hard to obtain.

Currently the spirit is useful but I think it is a bug given I cannot replicate the value with other defense reduction’s that I have tried (Dzone, Monstrance, coursing, Skull Swing) which leads me to believe something is bugged

In this video you’ll see Double Punch and Carve getting their damage significantly increased while an enemy is under the Sadhu’s defense reduction
This also happens for AA’s, energy blast, etc.

New draw to Sadhu making bugged mechanics then leaving it like that for a couple months only to take it away and nerf the class more. That’s pretty much this class in a nutshell over the past couple years.

1 Like

uninstalled game ages ago but thought i’d check forums to see if my fave sadhu class got any better. NOPE, LOL.

Ahh. They should just revolve the skills around the OOB when spirit is out like astral body.
Vashita siddhi - no channeling but an aura around the spirit over time. easy
Possession - no channeling, possession around the spirit so you can possess and hit at the same time. easy.
Transmit Prana - Aura around the OOB buffing those who are in it. easy
Maybe even make Astral body a bunch of tiny explosions around the spirit with final blast having knockback if attributes on.

aaand i’ll come back in a few months to see :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes