Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

Every class needs to be supplemented with other classes in this game to be any good. No C3 class stands on it’s own. If you feel otherwise, explain how. Please. They might be okay on their own, but never hit any competitive usage (Damage wise) alone. Supports of course are different.

Maybe that is where our opinions diverge and I can’t latch onto the ideas you are stating. I honestly believe as a cleric archetype, you build a class taking bits and pieces to make your character what you want it to be. As a cleric, we aren’t Sadhu’s, or Bokor’s, we are a cleric that has skills and attributes from those classes to make ourselves as viable as possible for what we want to do.

Yes, my favorite alone class is Sadhu as well. I love the concept. But I know I can’t just sadhu everything in endgame, just as an elementalist can’t without wizard C3, effectively.

They could remove the aoe ratio limit, you know like how it is on KToS. Before they nerfed it for early access. Im pretty sure the only reason they made those few changes that day was so they could claim they are different from KToS

OoB is more than the auto attack.
Through Out of Body you gain access to Vashiti (lol) and Astral Body Explosion.
You have Out of Body exclusive skills. Out of Body grants you a magical scaling auto attack which is welcome because without Out of Body your auto attacks scale on physical damage when you’ve taken a magical class and are likely building Int which does not scale physical auto attacks.

The theme of Sadhu is it and its spirit, and the spirit is more then simply AA as is made very clear by the implementation of OoB specific skills. Astral Body Explosion isn’t particularly strong, and its pretty much a glorified knockback.
So Vashiti doesnt let you AA, ABE doesn’t let you AA given it ends OoB, both require you to be in the OoB state. Possession does not let you Auto attack during OoB. Meanwhile the class is somehow about you doing nothing but AA’s for damage, at basically no mana expenditure whatsoever because OoB starts at 0 MP and 0 Cooldown. It’s a toggle state.

Lets be real.

2 Likes

the only oob specific skills are vahsisirv and astarl (not counting prakitit) oob as itself is not good

And?
Look at the skillset of Sadhu

Out of Body - Toggles the Out of Body state, 0 cooldown so you can enter it whenever you please.

Vashiti- Only usable in Out of Body state, cancels all auto attacks.

Astral Body explosion -Only usable in out of body state, no aoe ratio aoe that knocksback targets and ends Out of Body state

Prakiti - Moves your Body to where your Spirit was, ending the Out of Body state and healing.

Possession - A channel attack used by the main body that does not allow Out of Body attacks and Binds targets stopping them from attacking or moving.

Transmit Prana - A buff to allies.

everything except Possession and Prana is about the Out of Body state, which yes allows auto attacks but you have 3 skills that are completely dependent on you being in that mode, not simply auto attacking, in fact all of them stop you from auto attacking lol.

Out of Body ends whenever anything hits your body and yet Possession is a melee range move usable in Out of Body state (and out of it) that stops things from attacking…your body, preserving the OoB state.

We also know that the Spirits stats do not change when yours do, which means you are free to Transmit your Prana while in the Out of Body state, as the spirits stats will not be altered by you giving yours away.

I think its pretty clear that the entire class is built around Out of Body and not solely auto attacking, especially given that the majority of Possessions damage does not come primarily from your Int (unlike OoB’s auto attack) but through its Base damage and your magic attack (Magic attack from Weapon and level are unaltered and you still have some Int remaining).

So Possession is an attack that works well without your Int and can be used to defend your body (or you can use it proactively instead of defensively), Transmit Prana doesn’t affect your spirit but that goes both ways meaning you’re free to buff allies and the other 3 skills need your spirit to work and you’re going off an auto attack? Hell Oob’s auto attack reduces physical defense increasing your party dps contribution by making the physicals do more damage.

2 Likes

IToS version does in fact have a Aoe Ratio. it was put in right before early access like the highlander nerfs.

The notes:

Continuing the discussion from Tree of Savior : Initial Patch Notes:

vahiti has a long cd and is useless when you arent in a party
astra is buggy, pretty long cd, not that good dmg
prakitit is just a movement skill

only dmg skill is astral which isnt that reliable due to the cd other than knockback attribute

so oob is the only skill to use, and its not that good compared to possesion, possesion is like 50x better than oob, i killed a boss 10- seconds with just cure and possesion
when i tried that boss(with oob only, died, it was right b4 i got possesion) she knocked me out of safety zone many times, it took me more than 40 sec to get ther to 10% health)

oh yeah eveyone good news!!!

fade can be used against bosses without resetitng them
if u use fade, ( but do not move after u use it)
the boss will go back to the center of the “arena” bt does not regen health
then you can use oob with fade on

im sure u wont need this info once u get possesion xD but to u sadhu c1 people , there u go, heres a vid with it

1 Like

Vashiti’s cd is irrelevant to the reality that its an OoB-Only skill.
Your comment about ABE runs into the same thing, it’s an OoB-only skill just because you’re not satisfied with it doesn’t change that. OoB is more then just auto attacking, it’s a state of the Sadhu which gives them magical attacks and skills to use.
Pratiki comment is also pointless. Teleport of Psychokino is also a movement skill, Trot is a movement skill. Movement skills exist, Pratiki is an Oob-Only movement skill that heals.

You’re splitting hairs over nothing, the entire Sadhu kit works well with the mechanics of OoB and you’re merely prioritizing its auto attack despite that auto attack being comparable to some and superior to most. The OoB auto attack scales off magic and increases the dps of your physical damage dealers by subtracting defense. This is completely reasonable for a class that is listed as “Attack, Support” just as Psychokino also utilizes channel skills including one which lowers physical defense despite the class being magical (Tree of savior often gives you effects that are beneficial to other people, like Coursing reducing Magic Defense despite Archers having no magical attacks).

The Sadhu class is more then just auto attacking in OoB and when you are auto attacking you’re increasing the physical dps of party members.

we were talking about oob, not what you can do in oob.

nobody goes around saying

Her: "oh ur a sadhu :smiley: can u do the light show thing?
Me: “Sorry on cooldown”
Her: “oh, can you do the explosion thing?”
Me: “No, if i do i will rubberband for the next hour”
Her: “oh, well can you do the thing where you fly back into your ghost?”
Me: “ok” *uses prakiti
Her: “well that was dissapointing!”

they know us for oob, not the oob skills, they know us for being able to go into our spirit for auto attacks, but unfortuantely, after lvl 130 u rarely se sadhu’s using oob bcuz they now have possesion. i even had a guy tell me

" stop using oob, it sucks anyway " during simulai mission

only good thing is the phys decrease, oob itself isnt that relevant once u get possesion, even less once u get druid (if u go druid).

hopefully they get rid of the delay,

one hit of oob takes away a pretty decent chunk of their hp , its just i have to wait so long to get that dmg again (which makes effigy better) , and it misses most of the time.

I get asked frequently by people if I enjoy Sadhu in dungeons and they express their interest in the class when they see me playing it.

Perhaps for you the worth comes only through the auto attack but I get no such claims. When Im healing im valued, when I knock back mobs into our aoes I’m valued. I drop possession which stops 5 enemies from dealing damage to myself or other allies (notable for a swashbuckling peltasta when you stop 5 instances of magic damage from coming out). When we’re attacking a boss and it dies earlier because the Archer and the Swordsmen are dealing with ~90-120 less defense which ends up as thousands of extra damage outputted over the course of that encounter.

If I go to a boss and Safety Zone.
I drop cure, I hit Possession, Possession finishes, Im auto attacking, meanwhile I may also be dropping heals. When Possession is down I’ll be using OoB either way, and simultaneously I can use possession defensively when Im not in OoB.
This wont change at Sadhu C3, and it wont change with Kabbalist either. Especially when I use Transmit Prana on magical damage dealers while in OoB state.

My understanding of DPS stopped being solo minded in FFXIV when I actually started using Parsers instead of playing games without them.

Party DPS is more important than Individual DPS.
Because Sadhu reduces physical defense this increases the party dps and means that Individual Sadhu is generating more damage for the party as a result, that’s part of that Sadhu’s contribution.
Same deal with Transmit Prana, and I can use Transmit Prana without affecting the damage output of OoB, while still healing and with my minor position ability through ABE and crowd control of Vashiti.

What you can do in OoB is precisely part of OoB, because those skills DEPEND ON IT to function. They are inherently involved in OoB’s worth as without OoB they are not usable.
OoB is more then auto attacking, and even as an auto attack it deals solid damage as an auto attack.

Most of what you are saying is correct, except for minor misunderstandings. But you haven’t stated wrong information yet. I appreciate that!

@BlueByu - If you used OOB w/out an Arde dagger as well, it does feel very useless too. I’m fortunate of having currently a high damage rod, + Arde, Plus magic damage and elemental damage on headgears.

OOB is hitting for me fine, while for you it might not. It still pales in comparison to other multi hit abilities, but as for it’s singular hit stacking over time, it makes itself useful. It just can’t be used as the ONLY damage. It’s great for supplementing your damage though.

When I get back on I’ll use one of my dungeon runs to kill Harpeia in the 130 dungeon after maintenance. Perhaps you’ll see my set up and understand my point possibly a little bit better. :smiley:

hexing+effigy? hexing isnt that great of a skill alone.

Effigy can be used without Hexing if there’s another curse type on the enemy, granted it’s a fair amount of ranks before other curses come onto the table, but it is similar. Part of Hexings worth is that Effigy depends on it (with an alternative curse coming from IIRC Warlocks). Hell prior to r7 release the only damage Hexing increased was Effigy but Warlock also deals Dark damage, which makes Hexing even more valuable since it increases that 30%.

My sadhu is only 107 (main as a monk) but I kinda find it annoying to switch out of OoB to use close range skills like zaibas, cure, heal tiles etc. Thoughts on seeing an on/off attribute that allows you to cast spells from your projection rather than your original body? I think it’d be interesting because you can be close to true long range cleric like found in most other games by keeping your body far away.

2 Likes

What other spells are considered curses?

ur mixing sadhu with monk? not a good idea.
or is ur main a monk, and your alt is sadhu?
well with zaibas i wouldnt even be using oob unless zaibas is on cd
once u get possesion u will stop using oob anyway

well still, we are talking about those skills by themselves
just bcuz we have to use oob to use those skills doesnt mean the whole class relies on oob
sadhus signature is oob and its abilty to auto atack with a ghost
just bcuz 2 other skills rely on it doesnt mean it makes oob a notable skill.

youre basically saying

“oob is good bcuz while you are in oob you can cast 2 entirely different skills that are nothing like oob”

My main is a monk. Sadhu is just an alt.