730/728/728
730/729/729
718/718/716
732/732/732
739/737/737
739/738/738
723/722/722
725/725/725

Higher MATK = Higher DMG …cant find any hidden buff with a blunt type weapon :confused:

This looks exactly like the old bug for OOB. They changed Divine Stigma I think and prolly forgot to update the code for a nerf. We did the testing months ago with maces vs rods in this thread.

Consider this my farewell gift to you:

Temeres effect (1% chance to reduce an enemy’s magic defense and increases physical defense for 30 seconds with a basic attack) does not trigger when in OoB.

And, even if the effect ever triggers when using it with basic attacks, you will only deal bout 50 more DMG with OoB… ■■■■ this ■■■■…I’m out of here :smiley:

Yeah, it’ll get nerfed for sure, unfortunately.

OOB is a normal attack, which means it can only hit 2 enemies at once. It’s not an AoE, so it only exists as high single target damage for the most part.

Also, you need to invest a lot to make OOB good. You need Fade and Safety Wall at high levels to be able to keep it up consistently. Plus, in PvP, you’re a huge sitting duck (remember, your body has 0 defense when you’re in OOB).

There’s nothing OP about high single target damage that requires considerable setup time when everyone else has very high damage AoEs.

The majority of people rolled Sadhu because they thought the concept of separating from the body and attacking OOB was cool. Spamming possession all day isn’t what people signed up for.

2 Likes

+1
Exactly this!
Posession feels out of place

I was going to go bokor so i can spam effigy while oob… you can do it, but it seems like too much of a pain for me with the controller. So im just going cleric3>sadhu2>druid2 now

1 Like

OOB is a normal attack, which acts as filler between your higher damaging bursts. That’s what it is. People signing up for OOB are usually trying to sign up because of outdated videos of when it was super OP as well. Things change. Other Auto-attack classes have to go into C3 circles to get their big numbers. Quarrel Shooter, Barbarian, Priest. Sadhu’s had to get their first point in OOB and get even bigger rewards. That isn’t balance in any effect.

The other fact, you don’t spam Possession all day. Typical rotation as I see it out, especially useful if augmented with a warlock.

Carnivory, Zaibasx2 Start charging merkebah, (This is when warlock hits with Mastema IF possible), Cure, Healx2, Possession. While things are coming off CD, you are Autoing w. OOB, then using ABE to end that to achieve better mobility, reposition, ect, rinse wash repeat. Now is that really spamming Possession all day? I really don’t feel it is. Literally using every part of the Sadhu’s damage in my rotations efficiently and effectively. Focusing on one thing is useless.

One class never makes your character all that it is in this game, and all circles taken augment your character. Yes, You can use Sadhu as your “BIG” move if you want. But autoing all day with OOB is easy, absolutely safe (Not including PvP) and still should be balanced with all other damage being output by your character. I’m sorry if you disagree, but that is my statement on current class usage as I see it.

1 Like

So basically you’ve just come to accept that the developers of this game can’t balance things right and love to make classes which have abilities in them that are pretty useless. OOB isn’t a normal attack because you’re tethered to your real body and the whole freaking concept that this identifies with. The symbol itself is a hand with a chain around it to symbolize that and centers the playstyle of attacking while casting.

This is not even about other class combinations with Sadhu because that’s just a poor arguement that the class in it’s entirety right now is in bad shape. It was nerfed a -little- too hard then the real kicker was they released Chaplain to add insult to injury. It really irks me that you think this is acceptable and just like the way it goes to be a class that requires so much more investment for less.

You could just not even take Sadhu at all in you class combo and deal better damage and support. Cleric-Priest2-Bokor2-Druid2 will pretty much have just about everything a Sadhu can do with move speed from Bokor, auto attack magical damage from Priest, Effigy/Wheat nukes, and more invulnerability. You’ll have tons of other goodies like the ability to ressurect ontop of the revive buff too, but at the cost of fade and less heal tiles for mass heal. The face when no Possession and I didn’t even mention the power of Zombie trains to non stop farm. :laughing:

Or you could be a Sadhu and jump through all these hoops to make OOB work because it got “balanced” to prevent the class from doing too much DPS since we can’t have that on Clerics especially when the class in a whole is supposed to do that. :wink:

1 Like

ok im not saying oob is terrible but heres basically what you just said

“oob is a bad skill that doesnt do good damage, but thats ok bcuz its an auto attack”

its basically the signature skills of sadhu and its bad but thats ok…
elementalist can do great dmg without using up their sp, if it does go away, they can pot up. oob is that good, but its ok bcuz we dont need to pot up.

My Previous post. Thanks for reading. Now onto your points. You can cast and auto attack harder than a normal auto-attack, and for the most part, just about as hard as a priestC3 would as you get further into the game.

And yes, OOB is a fancy auto attack. Do you see Quarrel shooters only using Running shot and auto attacking? Do you see Barbarians only auto attacking? The answer is no. They still have other skills supporting their damage. What many people are purposing is Hiding in a corner, half of the time disregarding you can cast and attack at the same time with OOB, and just spamming attack. OOB on Sadhu is always relevant( @BlueByu ) because it is extra damage while doing everything else.

OOB stacks ontop of the rest of your damage, it does become a real part of your rotation, but it isn’t the main damage, and unfortunately, I don’t see any case where OOB will be the main damage skill with out sending our damage through the roof and beyond.

The downfall is having to occasionally re-position being a stationary caster, which we can do on whim with prakriti, or ourselves by exiting with ABE (Although currently, yes, it’s buggy)

I feel overall what you are defending doesn’t need defending, and works very well already. That’s why I’m fighting the points you are making. Also, Setup time is very minimal when you stand next to a boss, seeing as OOB doesn’t shoot across the screen in a very annoying manner.

Wish list patch notes

• Fixed OOB positioning bugs
  • Astral body explosion bug fixed
  • fixed moving validation error during OOB
  • Prakiti no longer cancels mid-skill and fixed bug where prakiti wouldnt be cast but cooldown will be started
  • OOB attack speed increase
  • Possession start up delay reduced slightly
  • Possesion SP cost increased slightly
  • OOB astral form is no longer randomly body-less
  • OOB chain animation changed
  • Divine stigma no longer triggers “hidden buff”
  • Transmit Prana Cooldown reduced, now has lower miss chance

(speaking of the chain, my chain glows blue sometimes…)

Okay. So then why be a Sadhu? You do know that these spells aside from Possession come from other classes and regardless whether you are OOB or not they get take no cast time to place down and maybe like 3-4 seconds out of an auto attack rotation on serious fights. I’m looking at this from a pure DPS perspective here and you don’t lose that much by having to stop an auto attack to cast a spell.

What you’re saying makes absolutely no sense man. OOB -should- deal damage or there’s no point to even be a Sadhu in the first place because you can just be a mobile damage dealer in other classes with better options.

3 Likes

as im sure this is the case for everyone, once i got to sadhu c2 ive stopped using oob, i only use it on bosses, possesion cd is so low i don thave to use oob as a filler skill

ok i guess im now supposed to cast OOB right before i use effigy just to make things really wacky, messy, rough (unsmooth) and complicated, and when im done (due to effigy bcuz oob didnt even get to hit the monster) i have to unsommon the spirit, then resummon him and do the exact same thing? it seems too messy, id rather go with using effigy only bcuz its way more smoother.

Let me counter your claim real quick bub.

Best Magic attack values come from rods. Rods hit like ■■■■. OOB allows you to hit way harder when using a rod.

Feel free to come at me with that stupid rod vs mace argument, let’s see the difference when they are +10’d or higher. OOB adds a decent chunk of DPS on average to everything you are doing. That really isn’t that bad. Especially as supplemental damage to a rotation.

@BlueByu - Yes, but boss killing is a huge part of the game where you squeeze as much damage as you can, and it’s still very optimal to use it in that case. I also wouldn’t go Bokor at all with a sadhu build. I know you have, but I feel you get more out of the extra multi-hits with ziabas. I don’t have too much issue on a controller myself, however, it’s also only relevant to use OOB during mission bosses since everything else has such a small health pool.

You’re like really pulling strings now here. Guess what? It doesn’t even matter your base ATK value because Blessing and Sacriment deal fixed damage. I’ve already posted a general math sample of 300x3 or 300x2 without Cafrisun as a basic Priest2. I’m sure after spending millions of silver into the OOB attribute and reaching 500 levels of INT you’ll get decent scaling but still overall low damage for all that. The real deal big boy DPS comes from your other things like spells which aside from Possession the Sadhu base has nothing unless you consider Astral Explosion.

There’s no counter to be claimed. You can get the same effect for less in other class combinations which you’re keen on talking about. You don’t have to worry about getting hit or anything and can enjoy running around freely while the Sadhu gets locked into place like an Owl Statue. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is key. OOB is the class’s signature skill and main selling point. All the concept art, all the videos, all the fan art showcases OOB. Even their official descriptions of the class focus on that aspect of it.

If I rolled a Necromancer in Diablo, and the summons sucked, I’d feel pretty cheated.

1 Like

A priest can’t compare to a cleric that focuses on damage. As I said. It’s supplemental damage that is added to everything else, that’s why it’s perfectly fine the way it is. [quote=“ophiuchu, post:2149, topic:21150”]
… which aside from Possession …
[/quote]

You said it yourself. Why do you think I’m not going Sadhu C3, and said previously it needs to be worked on to make it worthwhile in the slightest?

OOB is extra, to everything else. You are literally solidifying all my points. Good job. Continue struggling.

You can still effectively use Sadhu C2 for these skills relating to damage. OOB, ABE, Possession. For mobility and sustain: Prakriti. I do as everyone else wishes Prana would be more useful if you went C3, and Vashita Siddhi’s confusion attribute needs a bit more work(At least I haven’t been able to make great use of it).

Still, if you feel there is no counter to be claimed, keep living in your fantasies where you want OOB to literally be a nuclear explosion.

EDIT: Actually OOB needs one change. Not visually being three hits. Make it three hits. Dammit.

Ok, if you say oob is just an autoattack and isnt supposed to be strong, they need to make it so it doesnt cancel when you take damage or something. There are just way too many downsides of the OOB just to be some fancy autotattack. body is vulnerable, cant benefit from extra attack hits that normal auto attack does, hard to hit things sometimes, need to set it up, limited range.

One thing i do like is that you can leave your body in safety zone and attack things that are at a distance… this part is cool.

As for being able to cast thing while OOB, it actually dont seem to make a huge difference to me… other than channeled spells, but possession will be my only one. Any time i have to cast something i have to let go of the attack button anyway to cast it and i only save a short amount of time while the animation is going on.

That said, id be fine with how OOB is if they just increase the hit area of the OOB attack. Thats all i ask.