Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

well still, we are talking about those skills by themselves
just bcuz we have to use oob to use those skills doesnt mean the whole class relies on oob
sadhus signature is oob and its abilty to auto atack with a ghost
just bcuz 2 other skills rely on it doesnt mean it makes oob a notable skill.

youre basically saying

“oob is good bcuz while you are in oob you can cast 2 entirely different skills that are nothing like oob”

My main is a monk. Sadhu is just an alt.

Jesus christ…
Yes Out of Body is the signature skill.
What out of Body does is create a spirit which has an auto attack, it cannot be damaged and it gives you access to Vashiti, Prakriti and Astral Body Explosion.
It is fine because it’s an auto-attack.

Melee do 100% of their physical attack per AA, a crit gives them (100% physical - Enemy def) *1.5 + Crit attack, except critical attacks are RNG and inconsistent.

Sadhu on the other hand has 150% magical all the time, which is akin to basically having permanent crits. This is also important as Magical attacks 1) Aren’t given a penalty based on enemy type, 2) Cannot miss.

Since the skill can be enhanced it gets doubled and on an enemy with 0 defense you would be doing 3x your magical attack. This is triple the damage of a physicals auto attack.

Now there are other classes with potent auto attack buffs like Sadhu.
Chaplains also utilize their AA’s for damage, their directly scaling with Int basically goes up to 2x (enhanced asper) but they have a lot of base damage from their other hits. Sadhu is potentially 3x but Sadhu doesn’t have high base damage to go with that.

QS has running shot.

Archer c2/c3 has Running shot.

Barbarian has Frenzy.

Frenzy is a flat buff to AA’s. Sadhu’s is multiplicative.

Sadhu has great AA’s, but thats what they are. AA’s.

Lets take it from the top again

Sadhu 1.5x scaling, can be enhanced for an additional 2x multiplier at the end. Scales off INT

Regular auto attacks.
1x scaling, cannot be enhanced. Additional attacks can be obtained from Sacrament, Fire Weapon, and cafrisun set. 1.5x damage if you crit, Crits vary from 0-100% chance.

Running shot: ~3x modifier + 30% aspd.

Kneeling shot: additional attack speed, and now 1:1 scaling with Dex.

Chaplain: 1x physical scaling + 1x Aspersion scaling, asperion can be enhanced for 2x modifier at the end. Sacrament adds an extra attack and Last rites. Damage doesn’t happen if the attack is blocked or misses as a result of it being applied through a physical hit. So again basically 1x to 2x Int scaling + a lot of base damage.

Sadhu has the best magical scaling auto attack, followed by Chaplain and then Quick Cast Wizard 3 AA’s.
Running shot is the best AA buff, but Sadhu’s OoB is potent as well.
Chaplain will oft do more damage then a solo Sadhu as while Sadhu’s scaling is better, Chaplains bases are more than high enough to make up for lower scaling.

OoB itself is fine.
ABE is underwhelming as is Vashiti.

I seriously don’t even know where you pulled all these numbers from and everything but do they even logically make sense? Does this factor in the OOB attack speed nerf and reflect real numbers you output in the game? Physical attacks can crit and when it comes to stuff like Sacriment, Cafrisun, Enchant Fire your elemental damage mods get added to EACH hit where OOB appears to be 3 hits but only gets it once.

None of these other classes mentioned have to worry about being hit which is the biggest problem in my opinion aside from the attack speed.

OOB isn’t slower then regular AA’s.
My AA’s go from 1.2k to 1.5k depending on the enemy (excluding ghost types) where as contemporaries are Auto attacking for 400-800 and critting for 600-1.2k. OoB benefits from Sacraments elemental damage (it does not benefit from Blessing).

Again OoB is already 1.5x A Crit is 1.5x, regular AA’s are 1x for physicals.
You’re already equivalent to a critical and can enhance afterwards (I have 36% Enhance)
1.5x1.36 = 2.04x and I reduce enemy defense.

OoB is 0 cooldown, getting hit is trivial. Pop Fade and move on. I’ve seen kneeling shot QS3’s drop dead plenty from not moving except we have far better tools of getting rid of handling an enemies aggression via Safety zone and fade.

May come as a shock but most people move away from Cafrisun set at higher levels especially when things start hitting harder, and generally just have their basic AA + Blessing & Sacrament.

Is this with the bug?

For small mobs Sadhu’s OOB is very annoying to use well, however on bosses is where it shines. If you have Cleric C2, fade to the boss, OOB, Use Safety wall, while OOB autoing, use Cure, Heal, zaibas, and continue auto attacking the entire time. I find it works the best for setup and damage overall at that level if you went - Cleric C2, Krivis, Sadhu. As soon as your Safety wall is about to expire, scoot out with Prakriti, or ABE, however, it’s hard to recommend ABE atm, while it has good damage, it does cause a lot of movement errors. That’s my best suggestion.

@Delcas - Just stop, they think Sadhu sucks and they regret their decision after thinking the class is something other than what it is. Although, Sadhu OOB scales off of MATK, rather than INT, I’m pretty sure that was just a slip though :smiley:

No Im C3 Cleric C2 Sadhu. Full Int + Rokas Robe, Sins element that gives 10 int, Watchamacallit bracelet that gives 2 Int.
Elder Rod, Arde Dagger, 36% attribute.

With that bug I’d probably be dealing 2k+.

Small/medium non elites have about 4-6k health, and so I can already 3-4 shot them with simply AA’s not including my 15 heal squares, or Cure which is doing 374 base damage + magic attack x 38 hits and 15% attribute IIRC correctly since Klaipedia is down atm.

Given my other character has hit the 180’s weeks ago I have a strong idea of what my Sadhu will be doing to say 185 Rambears (which have 4.8k health).
With the stats I have now, at 170 I can grab a 170 weapon, and my OoB will be 2-4 shotting Rambears off the top of my head given I’ve AA’s them to death on my Sorcerer who only has 1x magic attack scaling (and LESS int invested) especially since Rambears are Arde weak.

On my Sorc I can blow them up for 2k hit fireballs, or let the temple shooter hit them for 4k, and possibly one shot wreck them if it crits.

With my Sadhu it’ll just be quick AA’s and they’re dead. Possession if warranted. Black Coliflys will take long to kill off course, but Posession is more suited to those enemies then OoB since they’re melee.
Also how I knew before hand that ABE wasn’t going to be a prominent damage spell as most of the mobs will not be 1-shot by it unless I invest a hell of a lot more and attribute it, and it still will have a high CD.

Ill have over 850 magic attack on Sadhu by 180 and will Dwarf my Sorcerer’s amount. I’m planning for 2k total per AA by then.

@RISKorRIOT To be clear, When I say scaling with Int. Int increases magical attack while STR increases physical attack. Since OoB uses your magical attack your investment in Int translates into AA damage which is something that would not be respected if you did not go Sadhu as our normal body scales of physical attack.

Last I checked it didn’t. Are you talking about the whole +42 damage at 10/10 or trying to tell me it adds an extra hit? :joy:

Also have an image from last beta before I maxed and it ended:

http://imgur.com/FEhekxV

The +42 damage gets added, Blessing does not.

I’m being cheeky and keeping you on your toes. That’s all. I’m Sadhu 2 at the moment and investing everything into keeping my spells hitting as hard as possible :smiley: Set up with an elder rod / Arde as well.

Additional hits do not get added to OoB attacks.
Elemental damage does.

Dude. You’re not doing it properly!

It’s not that hard you see ;D

http://imgur.com/9oDUeAN
http://imgur.com/a5IomjK

Can you test OOB on one of these mobs? It should be one of your prime targets. I threw down deprotected zone for laughs to try and get it’s defense down to base value then tested Sacriment+Bless and another with just Sacriment. All without my +5 Valia on which will do a lot more because it’s ghost and demon not plate my bad!

http://imgur.com/ZV9NFYI

No Deprotected Zone

http://imgur.com/BJzG19c

No Bless

Since I feel my explanations may of fell short, I made a quick video to show you how I do my damage rotation currently at 133. I solo’d the 130 dungeon with just some of my basic leveling hear. Both bosses in the video. Pay attention the start of the Mineloader kill to see how I weave Sadhu’s OOB damage into my other damage skills :smiley:

idk where u r getting this from. i sadi ppl know oob for oob. mobody knows oob for explosion or vashidda

i agree with vashidda.
But ABE is buggy.
Wish I could use it more often for its knockback and damage.

If only you can auto attack with oob while possession is channelling…
alot like zaibas that you drop on an area

Green manor elites.
1.5k AA’s.
25 levels below that Priest and the enemy isn’t Ghost like Hollowventors so there is no 50% damage boost.
Should be sufficient.

There’s still the 10% bonus to Int @ r6 to be obtained, 25 levels of stat points and a basic 170 weapon.
The damage is fine.

Thats a 4 shot at Rambears come 185, if I were to cease Int investment and remain at my current weapon and attribute however the damage will be higher by then so I’m aiming for the 3 shot.

The Benchmark for which I’m planning my Sadhus damage around

Easily dispatching Rambears is the current goal, if thats done then Black Coliflies will also be manageable.

My Wiz has 826 magic attack and AA’s for ~640.
My Sadhu has 687 Magic attack and yet can deal substantially more damage with its AA’s then my Sorc.

Orange Lizardmon has 178 mdef, Rambear has 211.
a 33 Magi def difference is not going to substantially affect my damage compared to the natural increase of damage gained through 29 levels a rank change and a new item tier. 33 magi def just means by Sorc does ~970 AA’s to the same orange lizardmon (lol).

Even with Quick Cast my Sorc would have done about 960 damage to rambears. It straight up does not compare to my Sadhu’s AA ability whatsoever.

Sadhu’s AA’s are clearly a step above most classes, obviously it faces opposition from other classes with potent AA’s such as QS and Chaplain.
Sacrament and Blessing are not going to close an over 800 damage difference in AA potency between my Sorc and Sadhu for instance despite being 29 levels apart. Other classes run into similar constraints, except unlike my Sorc they can crit which helps them slightly. If your class doesn’t innately have AA benefits you’re rarely going to out AA a sadhu which is why the competition primarily (as far as AA’s go) is QS, Chaplain, Swordsmen under Accelerate, DWA corsairs, Deeds Doppels and Swordsmen/Monks attacking things that have been strike debuffed (Lethargy, Slithering, High kick, Snatching). For all the other classes in the game, a Sadhu clearly out does them in AA damage.