Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Nak Muay thread - welcome to the Muay Thai gym!

This is what I am asking.
I want to know if, when activating the buff, does the nak muay skills (Sok,Te Kha, Te Trong, & Khao) effect the CD of the buff itself.

It does not affect the buff itself, look at the pastebin on top

https://pastebin.com/qksAnxMQ

edit:

ignore what I posted on top, i looked into the archer/cleric changes pastebin, seems like it’s an attribute

https://pastebin.com/7yaetHLv

edit2:

official site says it’s a castable buff so not sure

It’s a castable skill that buffs Nak Muay for 10 secs and has a 30 second cooldown.

What I want to know is if Nak Muay skills also affect its 30 second cooldown. When in use, does the castable skills of Nak Muay reduce its 30 second cooldown…

In essence does the buff effect, effect its own CD?

https://pastebin.com/qksAnxMQ

New Skill - Muay Thai
This new skill: each time you use a Nak Muay skill, all Nak Muay Skill cooldowns are reduced by 1 second. The cooldown reduction does not work with basic attacks. (and cooldown reduction does not affect the Muay Thai skill)

2 Likes

Thank You.
So then this buff is just a 10 second window for a minor NaK Muay Burst.

1 Like

That seems to be good for Nak Murmnobis. Cast Bunshin no Jutsu, use your rotation, then cast Muay Thai to kick ■■■■ up during Bunshin no Jutsu downtime.

bunshin’s dont use skills from nak muay, if the cd on the skill is only 30 seconds it’ll be up by the time you finish your off class skills

Yes, that’s why I said to use it during BnJ downtime. :slight_smile:

Bunshin no Jutsu > bunshin skill rotation
Muay Thai > Nak Muay skills
rinse and repeat

This is the Korean description of Muay Thai in-game:
낙무아이 스킬을 사용하면 무아이타이 스킬을 제외한 낙무아이 스킬의 재사용 대기시간이 1초씩 감소하는 버프를 겁니다. 기본 공격은 재사용 대기시간을 감소시키지 않습니다.- 지속시간 10초,1레벨 마스터
Cooldown: 30s
Duration: 10s
SP cost: 83
Max level 1

(description does not match skill in-game effects again)

Video demonstration:

2 Likes

From the looks of it, it affects itself, I saw a 10 to 12s cd on the buff after you spam skills, meaning you probably have 2 to 3 animations in ninja clones before you can muah cycle again.

Might not be worth ninja then, maybe go hoplite3 ret2, for pierce debuffs

With pelt rework, maybe s1 pel2 hop3 nak1 ret2 shield dagger swap. I’ll wait for reset top test that build,

Thanks for the video btw ^

1 Like

Finestra does work with Nak Muay stance, the AoE ratio does affect your Nak Muay skills as well, BUT
Finestra breaks your Nak Muay stance animation, doesn’t matter if Finestra ends, your animation will remain bugged unless you recast, you’ll appear holding the Spear since Finestra is a Pseudo-stance.

Can someone confirm if High Guard breaks the animation as well?

High guard does break the animation. You still do the same damge though (the two lines of dmg)

1 Like

I’ve been trying to read up a bit more on Nak Muay and builds. Unfortunately, I’m not super familiar with the swordsman tree (in general), but would like to try a Nak Muay – masochistic unlock quest and all.

My biggest interests in the game (fun-wise) is doing CMs (so I assume standing still for Nak Muay skills won’t be a huge issue there) and general PvE. I’m still reading through this thread and I have looked at the OP builds, among a few others. However, I found this build on tosbase that I was a bit more drawn to:

(Sword3>Hop1>Corsair3>Shinobi1>Nak1)

Can those more experienced in Nak Muays/Swordsmen explain to me the ‘flaws’ in this build (so to speak)? I’ve always liked Corsairs so that’s the main draw to me; I assume Sword3 is primarily for pain barrier (guessing you’ll need that if you don’t want to be knocked around trying to do Nak skills?); Hop1 because it’s the only choice at that rank that really ‘adds’ anything to the rest of the build ( Finestra for dagger/pistol being the main thing). I HAVE read that Corsair’s DWA doesn’t work with Nak skills - but is it still viable to use in rotation when Nak is on CD? (ie. with Corsair/Shinobi skills)?

I apologize if this has already been well addressed upthread – as I mentioned, I’m still reading through everything !

Thanks in advance <3

xoxoxo

Finestra will break your animation, outside of that, the biggest problem you’ll have is AoE, Nak Muay skills hit 2 targets IIRC, so you need a bunch of AoE ratio, you’ll get 3 from Finestra, but you’ll have keep refreshing it and won’t have 100% uptime.
For Shinobi, you’ll have Impale Dagger, Hexen Dropper, Dust Devil and Double Slash/Pommel copyable.
The main problem is that Nak Muay skills have a relativelty low Cooldown, and to use DWA you’re gonna have to keep on activating and deactivating Ram Muay, which seems incredibly inefficent.
There’s very few moments where I’ve used restrain, if you’re fighting multiple enemies you’d still need a bunch of AoE and a decent attack speed to keep them all stunlocked, since the stun duration is about a second or so on which you’ll only have 50% uptime.

Thank you very much letting me know! I was reading a little bit about ‘broken’ animation upthread like you said – could you clarify for me: is broken animation literally that it just doesn’t look like I’m still in stance, but I really am, and won’t affect any actual skills/effects/damage? I think that’s the jist of what was already said, I just want to make sure !

And thank you so much for letting me know about the rest. I wasn’t super interested in restrain glancing over the skills, but it sounds like in general the build I was looking at won’t be great for CM at all. I’m a little disheartened but I had a feeling it wouldn’t work out. Thank you again for your reply :slight_smile:

It’s just the animation, doesn’t affect skills or anything.
Instead of remaining in a battle stance, you’ll revert to holding the spear, Finestra style, and one Finestra is over, you’ll be holding your spear instead of battle stance.
IIRC you’ll also seem a bit crouched.
Sorry I can’t provide screenshots right now, waiting on the 30 day returning player to kick in.

In case you were wondering, DWA Buff can be activated during Ram Muay, but it does nothing, not a cancel, nothing.
And if you activate Ram Muay whilst in DWA, your auto attacks turn into Ram Muay, DWA buff isn’t canceled but again, does nothing.

I can finally join this thread next patch
:satisfaction:

1 Like

2 Likes

Update deployed whilst doing the quest.
Required Red Meduja essences for cupcake seems to have been nerfed from 130 -> 100.
Drop rate seems to have increased exponentially as well.

Still taking hours to farm bright ellom bells. Drop rate most likely unaltered.
Edit:
Made my 2nd Nak Muay, idk what influenced it but I noticed x3 essences dropping per enemy.
Also, taking every initial owl quest let’s you have full tp coverage of the entire map w/c means less running.

1 Like

Thank you. I updated the guide for the unlock quest.

Oh, and I have to update the skills section. I’ll do this in another time.