Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

Trust me, you wouldn’t want the skill to petrify, at least in practice. At least not unless you want the skill to be practically like chronomancers Stop. Petrify reduces all damage that isn’t kino or fire by 90%, so a pretty severe damage loss. (I guess an attribute could work, but nobody would use it)

Anyone who speaks/understands Korean can you please tell me what this is about? Thanks.

Druids are going to change, specially lycanthropy forms and interaction, plus new skills. Everything is at ktest server atm

Check the discussion and information in Druid thread

Merkabah ftw :3

A question, if having to make a choice of either Kabbalist3 or Druid2 to round up as a hybrid support, what will you all take? Higher heal capabilities with Chortomasta (100% uptime at C2) & Sterea Trofh or Sephiroth’s Tree + Dual Ein Sof?

Personally, I would go Kabbalist purely because I like Kabba more than Druid. But dropping preferences aside, Druid2 is too good to be negated right now. It is just so many utilities and damage in one circle that even work all on top of each other (chortasmata + carnivory + sterea troph) with easy/fast cast

Yep, Chortasmata is way too good now. At level 10 it grants around 1k heal per sec with a 100% uptime (easily maintainable with attribute too). I think it is comparable with Kabbalist’s Sephiroth Tree as Sep Tree has quite a fair bit of downtime. Not to mention having access to 10 secs of invincibility (Sterea Trofh).

Hard choice to make, I’ll just keep the points untouched first until I make the decision :X

========================================

On kabbalist…

With the current Kabbalist changes, I feel that Double chance gets shafted more even when it is shifted to rank 1. It needs to be much better than now to be worth adding points to it.

The only thing Double Chance needs is a better area. And I’m not talking about Gevurah area, but someting small, around the caster, would be enough to even use randomly for support builds. Nachash is way better to use cause is easier to set with decent area.

Druid is loosing his Transofm gimmick, and Kabbalist is loosing his Calculations. This is sad

I think kabba 3 is better while druid 2 is a better option if you are not going to get kabba.
The kabba 3 heal also reduces damage taken by 50% while provading a much higher heal. It is, in my opnion a better emergency button than chrostomata + Sterea thoph since it’s quicker and has a much better recovery.

solution make both XD

DruidC2 is better in every instance.

Kabbalist C3 has some good survival and Gevurah, but it’s no longer worth ranking into in my opinion, even as a support build.

Double Chance is now the official Kabbalist C2 skill. What else would you do with your leftover 10 points? Revenged Sevenfold is out, so why not grab that 80%*x hits? As far as I remeber you only need C2 for the minimum correction attribute,too.

About Sephiroth Tree: This healing skill is just crap. Of course, it enables rapid healing and damage reduction over 10 seconds, but it’s nowhere near the point where I’d say it is a well-made support skill.

Reasons are

1. healing is still dependent on your maximum HP, so without high amounts of HP the skill does pretty much nothing(i.e. less potent than Heal/Mass Heal with a good amount of INT&SPR).
  2. healing value is not affected by CON bonus, so you will only get 1-9% HP heal per tick (except 2x the amount with Ein Sof:stacked healing)
  3. 50% damage reduction is useless, since this game does not have any uber-strong skills that can’t be survived otherwise;
    Basically this is not helping people with low defence/HP since it only has ~25% uptime[can be covered with more Kabbalists&Laima, but that again is just lazy design allowing players to become even more immortal than now] and because 50% reduction is still useless, given you can already reduce so much damage with transcended equipment,evasion & block.
  4. Emergency button? Really? In TOS it is simply impossible to use this kind of terminology.
    Either you are ± instantly dead or you slowly wither away. This is what makes this skills effect useless the most, unless your party members all share the damage and have ± the same amount of HP and defence, using this skill will be a waste,since chances are slim that all party members will be in a dire situation at the same time.

Party member A in danger of dieing? better drop the tree. Oh, party member B and C are nearly dead, tree on CD, gg.
Also, higher bosses tend to destroy ground target skills like Sephiroth Tree(those skills can already be destroyed while casting, before they even are put on the ground; already happened a lot of times with Ein Sof and Heal for me).
And party members still have to move into the center of the skill to receive healing. Really good design for an “emergency”. It’s easier to cast Heal on someone(instant healing+HoT if Cleric C3 with attribute).
Imagine the boss unleashes an attack while the party members swarm to the tree and destroys it, hitting the whole party in the process.

1 Like

My take for Double Chance is, unless IMC do something about its hit area or drastically lower its cooldown, it is not really a good spell to sink a full 10 points in.

Sephiroth Tree feels more like a skill that is used in anticipation of an area wide attack rather than a “Oh Shiat” button. Sterea Trofh does that role much better if the build can have access to druid2. (In the case of a druid1 kabba3 vs druid2 kabba2 support build).

Like you said, Kabbalist C3 is good only if the player wants

• magic block & 5 mpsd
  • 20% extra max magic attack
  • Gevurah

Other than that the upgrades and additional skills are pretty much mediocre for an investment into a third circle.

You clearly have never seen GvG. Kabba3 is a must in serious pvp.
In PVE that is extremely casual in ToS - sure, you can survive almost with anything and everywhere.

GVG and PVP content, most players have a lot of con invested. so the heal is a great addition. area is big which is also a plus.

Since the tree will be the only heal that heal by % it will be great if you are a full con cleric. It can also be in rotation for your heal abilities. assuming u have priest in your build.

Druid’s grass is a great protection, but i dont know about the heal. but lets be honest, we all get kabba 3 for that lvl 15 ein sof and lvl 15 R7. who cares about the heals? lol with lvl 15 ein sof on you dont need heals.

Is Revenged Sevenfold worth it in velcoffer raid? I mean… bosses do hit 20~30k…

Summoning @Nekorin

I believe 1 point will suffice for PvE purposes. It is good as an insurance against 1hkos (1 hit shield ftw). Although reflecting 20-30k 7x feels awesome, its 40 sec cooldown makes it not very worthwhile as an investment outside of pvp.

The points can be spent elsewhere as we get more skills to spend on when the cleric rework patch reaches iToS shores, like Nahash and Tree of Seph.

Hmmm… But it still buffs 5 people along with you. Against a 30k hit, that’s 30k *1.1 * 7 = 231k reflected damage per person at skill level 1 or 30k * 2.5 * 7 = 525k per person at skill level 15. If we consider everyone will eventually get hit during these 40 seconds, that’s 231k * 5 = 1.1m at skill lvl 1 or 525k * 5 = 2.6m at skill level 15.

Maybe those 14 skill points are actually worth the damage difference now? :thinking:

If we take how many points we have left after we add the following:

• Merkabah 5
  • Tree of Seph 5
  • Ein Sof 15
  • Nahash 1
  • Clone 1
  • Notarikon 1
  • Gematria 1

Total 29 points.

We have around 16 points left to distribute among:

• Gevurah
  • Double Chance
  • R7F

Don’t really think it is good to drop 15 points on a skill that needs so many variables to deal damage. It wouldn’t be of much use outside of Velcoffer/wb/PvP, especially with the def boosts we getting on armors (discounting T10 everything). The lesser damage we take the lesser R7F will deal. :thinking:

And Nahash feels really good for general PvE too, am thinking of devoting more points to it. So starved for points.

1 Like

Merkaba train to skip having to destroy crystal & statues at start of raid. Wonder if itos will get fixed patch. Meanwhile, kabba value up up for raid.

4 Likes

I think that after the skill resets and rework I’ll go

5 merka
5 tree
15 ein sof
1 r7f
1 geomatria
1 notarikon
5 clone (using kabba3 to farm specific drop is one of the main selling points for me, I makes life so much easier, I wanted to go clone10 but there aren’t enough points)
7 nahash
0 double chance (I don’t have a strone one hit skill in my build so I don’t really need this)
5 gevura

what about you guys?

1 Like

I’ll go Merkabah 5
Ein Sof 5
Gematria 1
Notarikon 1
Double Chance 3

because I’m going to abandon Kabbalist C2&C3 for now.
Kabbalist is simply not going to help me tackling the future Ranks as leveling gets harder and endgame content has too much sponge to play Kabbalist C3 as a free player (i.e. it forces you down the support line instead of focusing more on buffs&debuffs; the Sephiroth Tree as another generic healing skill was a huge waste in potential according to Kabbalistic mysticism).

Exorcist will be much more beneficial to bring the damage everyone needs at this Rank and it helps providing the damage needed to participate as a valid member of a group in e.g. Velcoffer Nest, not a freakin meta CON Priest-Kabbalist to substitute for the lack of CON/HP on other players via Linker;

This meta is a complete cancer and devalues the whole Class in total as “full healer” instead of building on the concept of buffing&debuffing for damage multiplication & active Cleric damage display/gameplay.

No-one can with honesty say that Kabbalist became useful just because people create alt chars to run Velcoffer more times per week, that’s hilarious.
Kabbalist got dragged down with the changes to become a generic supporter that can’t get all useful skills with its points anymore, so you’ve got to make the choice now to postpone Kabbalist C3 on main characters for the sake of actual progression in the game instead of staying at the same level for at least another 1-2 Ranks.

Getting the damage first and the support last seems to be the obvious best choice for now, unless IMC rethinks their actions, but I honestly doubt they will.
Rank 10 will show if it’s worth getting Kabbalist C2 again, or if (again) Exorcist C3 is the better choice, with Kabbalist further postponed to Rank 11 & Rank 12.