Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

Kabbalist C2 isn’t really that bad. The Merkabah attributes available at C2 make it worth taking 2 circles just for them.

1 Like

No worries yo Kabbalist will be nerfed.

Nooo, leave my Kabbalist alone! :heeey:

Some equipment like Masinos Mace which procs an additional attack doesn’t really work well with Double Chance. The proc damage takes precedence over the actual hit, so double chance will multiply the 2000 lightning damage first. :sob:

Hopefully this is a bug T___T

can someone explain me how does Gevura and doble chance works?

the skill description is not very clear and there’s no many kabbalist in game to ask

Dunno if the description is unclear but it is how it works in game:

You put a number on a target with either Gematria or Notarikon:

For Gevura the target takes improved damages depending on the level of the skill (from 20% up to 120% with divine might) on a number of attacks/skills equal to the number displayed by Gematria or Notarikon.

Example: You have a 9 over a monster with one of the two number skills: You put a lvl 6 Gevura on him:
The monster will take 120% more damage for 9 attacks or skills (beware of multi hits which use multiple charges)

Double chance multiplies a unique skill/attack a number of times equal to the number calculated by Gematria or Notarikon. The multiplies are displayed AND counted as additional lines, each line can reach the damage cap. The damage added are dependent on the lvl of double chance from 10% to 110% of the skill/attack multiplied. Be careful of dot applied on the monster before using it. Party communication is really important while using this skill.

Example: You have a 9 over a monster with one of the two number skills: You put a lvl 10 Double chance on him (100% damage for each multiplied line): if the monster would take a 777K damage from a dragonfall, the monster will take instead 10 times 777K over 10 different lines.

The bonus are end multiplicator and are stacking really well with other damage bonuses (Sakura dance for example).

I really hope they won’t change a lot the class in the future.

1 Like

thanks for the enlightment¡¡¡¡

so dumballa and effigy work very well with kabbalist

my build is like CL2-BOK3-KAB3

just wondering what class choose for circle 6

Do you have a list of possible Kabba farming builds? Thanks

someonr pls make a new thread of this and update everything… i need knowledge… thank you

here comes the Revive Hammer

So today, some changes has been announced to Kabbalist class (translation might not be accurate due to patch being announced with images, not plain text):

Merkabah

• Chariots attack changed to double damage to Demon-type or large monsters

Reduce Level

• Skill will be removed

Ein Sof

• The Maximum HP Increase per skill level is changed from +20% to +10% +3000. If the beneficiary’s HP is 30.000, it is the same as before. Table comparing Ein Sof effects level 15 before and after:
Max. HP Before After
20.000 80.000 95.000
30.000 120.000 120.000
50.000 200.000 170.000
100.000 400.000 295.000
  • SP Attribute: Instead of reducing the Maximum HP increase by half, changed so that the SP recovery progresses for 10 seconds

Double Chance

• Changed to be a Circle 1 skill. Skill factor is changed from 10% to 8%
  • Before: Max level 100% (10% x 10 skill levels)
  • After: Max level 120% (8% x 15 skill levels)

NEW SKILL - Nahash

• Circle 2 Skill
  • Summon the Serpent of Kabbalah into the ground, dealing damage to enemies whitin the range of the skill.
    nahash

NEW SKILL - Sephiroth’s Tree

• Circle 3 Skill
  • Summons the Kabbalah’s Tree of Life into the ground to heal allies whitin the range of the skill. Allies will recover HP over time

Judging by the GIFs they provided with the patch, the new skills seems to work without the necessity of calculating a number. You can check them here (could not grab only them): http://m.tos.nexon.com/lab/dev/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=71

2 Likes

Sephiroth Tree

Nahash

3 Likes

Any videos or real tests about the changes?

Kabbalist

Merkabah
-> Doubled damage to Devil/Large Types

Decrease Level
-> Deleted

Ein Sof
-> Max HP Increase now Skill level * (10% + 3000).

Double Chance
-> Now at C1
-> Damage Boost reduced to 8% per level from 10%
-> Skill points have been refunded

Nahash
-> Summons a snake using Kabbalah magic to attack enemies.
-> Kabbalist C2 Required
-> 161% + 8.8% per level
-> Max Level 10
-> Target Limit 10
-> Range: 150
-> SP Cost: 264 + (28 * Skill Level)
-> 8s Duration
-> Cooldown 25s

Nahash: Enhance
-> Increases Damage by .5% Per level, +10% at Level 100.

Sephiroth’s Tree
-> Sephiroth’s tree is raised, reducing damage and restoring health for a period of time.
-> Buff + Healing
-> Damage Reduction of 50%.
-> Restores Maximum Health by Skill level%
-> SP Cost 313 + 36 per skill level
-> 10s Duration
-> Cooldown 45s
-> 10 Holy Powder Cost

Sephiroth’s Tree: Enhance
-> Healing effect increased by .3% per level
-> Level 10 Max
-> C3 Kabbalist Required

Also… Sephiroth’s Tree 50% Damage Reduction?

:hey:

Damage calculation of Nahash seems underwhelming for a R8 skill. :sob:

1 Like

At the end, Kabbalist is a support class. Nahash even hits flying monsters, it is a nice addition to the kit. Depending on your class build, you can even consider Nahash over Double Chance, and if you do not want PvP, R7S will do the same as a max lvl with a lv1, which is saving you from 1 damage skill, it is not a reliable source of damage anyways, it only shines in PvP imo. These should grant you skill points for everything. This means Nahash is more easy to use than Double Chance, and more of a damage source than R7S.

I see Kabbalist still as a needed class on a Full Support / Healer character, even more with Sephiroth’s Tree healing absurdly well when the target have high CON, as it scales with HP apparently. Kabbalist is in a good shape now, specially with these additions. I’m still considering keeping it over new class hype.

3 Likes

But I’m not a fan of those so called math skills. Anyways, it’s better than nothing. I agree, Kabbalist is in good shape now. Can’t wait. :blush:

For me, Merkabah is really meh especially it’s cancellable cast. So hard to use in a group of mobs when SZ is in cooldown.

How I wish Nahash has bind effect so it can also be a CC skill. You know, snakes wrap its prey so it won’t move.

Here is a video of the new Merkabah

The Merkabah update just increases damage against devil/large monsters by 2x, no extra hit. Dark type do get a +50% damage bonus due to chariots being holy.

No, it doesn’t give 2, 3 or 4 hits. As long as the monster is devil and/or large, it doubles the damage (then follow by the holy bonus). Collusion damage doesn’t get boosted, it gets +50% too due to holy vs dark.

Explosion damage is only for the wheel that the player rides on.

Edit: bonus image vs a dark med monster and a fire large monster

7k+ damage is the damage dealt to the fire large monster
10k damage is the damage dealt to dark med monster (includes the +50% holy bonus)

====================================================

Ein Sof SP recovery switches to SP over 10secs. It is basically the same as before except that each second it recovers 10% instead of a full chunk of 100%.

This is a good buff imo. In the video I’m using level 10 Ein-Sof which gives 100% + 30000hp (for easy calculation)

34911 (100%) + 30000 = 64911 total hp

Cut by half for SP = 32455.5 (discard the decimal)
Divide by 10 over 10secs = 3245 SP recovered per sec. Might be a good booster for classes that spams a lot of skills (uses alot of SP per sec… 900+dex monk with macro DP? :3 )

2 Likes

originally, Nahash was planned to curse and petrify the enemy.

If it would at least petrify the enemies hit by it, it would be enough of a cc skill.
Petrification would be the most befitting ailment as Snakes in the Tanach symbolise the earth, as they are cursed by JHWH to be bound to the earth for all eternity, crouching over it and eating it involuntarily by doing so.

Another case where snakes and petrification meet is in the three gorgon sisters (the most popular one called Medusa, whose gaze was said to turn people into stone), which is ± attributed to all indoeuropean and semitic cultures (e.g. the Basilisk that turns people into stone with its gaze);
There is also the large snake of destruction, which is either attributed to earth (e.g. Nidhoggur,Uraeus Snake) or the ocean (e.g. Midgard Snake, Leviathan).

The coiling snakes as a symbol of eternity also exists (Ouroboros), so maybe there could be made a distinction in this way, though I’d be more in favor of the original plan to petrify the enemy.

@Nekorin thank you for testing, it helped a lot.

Guess my calculations were a little off.

So in fact,the additional riding multiplier and the dark/large multiplier are additional now ( it’s +200% damage or triple damage, not quadruple damage when riding). This in turn is then muiplied * 1,5 for dark element.

So Merkabah damage is now 14130%, not 18540%.

I’ll correct my previous post.

1 Like

It was? Don’t remember Dev blog saying that