Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

Meanwhile I will be resetting into Kabba3 since the class will be getting a heck of a lot stronger with these changes, but you do you.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really struggling, still donā€™t know how to distribute the points now, as a Bokor Double Chance 10 was always fun but now i might leave it out completely.
Is Nahash lv1 vs. 10 difference THAT big?

Iā€™ll probably get the same but drop nahash and clone to lv1 and add the pts to double chance, since itā€™s still pretty significant when used at the right moment (especially since I mostly run stuff with only one other person, easier to coordinate skills with)

According to this, Nahash gets 8.8% SF per skill level. Thatā€™s a 79.2% increase per hit, which hits for around 3x per second and lasts 8 sec. I guess itā€™s not that significant if you look at the individual hits, but overall thatā€™d be a 2059.2% increase in damage if youā€™re able to use up all the hits. I guess itā€™s up to you whether youā€™d like to increase the damage of your lower circle skills or your higher circle ones. Besides, thereā€™s a free skill reset from the wings of vaivora anyway, which I hope you havenā€™t claimed yet, as well as some events that provide them every now and then.

Also it feels like that guy with the ā€œgive kabba better dps than PDā€ all over again. We got a pretty decent rework but itā€™s still not enough because 0 dps canā€™t solo everything.

1 Like

Mine will be Kabbalist C2 with

• Merkabah 5
  • Ein Sof 10
  • Nahash 5
  • Gematria 1
  • Notarikon 1
  • Clone 1
  • R7F 1
  • Double Chance 6

Isnā€™t that bad since I lose around 2% damage from double chance as compared to the Kabba2 I have now. 4 secs of clone isnā€™t a significant lost since the build has Breaking Wheel + God Smash to quickly kill off the monsters.

And I gain level 5 Nahash which is a good AOE with good reach (wide hit area + hits fliers). Kabbalist C2 is in a much stronger position now; and it is so good till Iā€™m so tempted to drop Miko from the build due to having Nahash. Miko was in previously due to having an AOE that hits fliers and can pair with Merkabah, now Nahash fills that role, thanks IMC.

Coming to R10, with the current new changes Iā€™m spoilt for choice. Either Kabbalist C3, Druid C2, Zealot C1 or next upcoming R8.

If Iā€™m going to Kabba3 the points will be added as below:

• Merkabah 5
  • Ein Sof 10
  • Nahash 10
  • Gematria 1
  • Notarikon 1
  • Clone 1
  • R7F 1
  • Double Chance 6
  • Tree of Seph 5
  • Gevurah 5

Level 10 Ein Sof should be sufficient to cater to most content imo.

Can anyone PLEASE explain to me how notarikon and gematria works? to me itā€™s just random numbers
I would like to understand how it actually works so i can play properly

iā€™m so lost
i feel like this playing kabba

2 Likes

It basically calculates a number based on monsterā€™s names (afaik calculations are based on hangul names). If you want an easy way to know which skill yields the higher number, you can get the altarget addon from the addon manager

In shortā€¦ the math concept of kabbalist is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  upā€¦ It literally makes no sense but noone ever rly caredā€¦ or I can say the calculations are just some not-even-that-fancy skill effectsā€¦

Itā€™s just an illusion :distinguished:

Isnā€™t that overkill? level 1 (2 with Divine Might) already provides 1%+3% via attribute Heal per tick, so youā€™ll already heal up completely during the skill duration [further ridiculed by the fact that Ein Sof doubles the recovered HP,too, via Stacked Healing attribute].

The 50% damage reduction is also independent from the skilllevel, as is the duration&CD time.

The only reason to max this is if you want to heal a whole party at once.
As long as you have enough Healing Power, Heal should be enough (especially with the C3 attribute) to solve this, especially if the other players are not HP sponges.

If I reach C3 Kabbalist again in the future, I donā€™t think there is any reason to spend more than 1 point onto that skill, unless they make the attribute require a certain level of Sephiroth Tree to learn it.
Itā€™s good for a self-heal,though, allowing to focus Heal solely for killing monsters :smiley:

I guess my ideal Kabbalist C3 post-rework would look like this:

Merkabah 5
Ein Sof 13
Nahash 7
Gematria 1
Notarikon 1
Clone 1
Double Chance 11
Sephiroth Tree 1
Gevurah 5

Because I never really used Revenged Sevenfold, Iā€™ve left it out. Nahash level 8 loses about 1000% damage in comparison to level 11 with level 80-100 enhancement attribute.

By using a level 12 Double Chance in combination with level 8 Nahash(level 80 enhancement attribute), youā€™ll get at least 3 * 310 * 0,96 = 892% extra damage per target.

If IMC introduces a Double Chance skill gem, this could even improve to 966% (depending on the equipment slot required to equip), which covers the loss of potential damage on Nahash,
while allowing more additional damage every 35 seconds if Gematria or Notarikon provides a number larger than 3.
It also provides the ability to rotate Double Chance and Gevurah for Nahash to boost the damage output of the skill if the user has no other AoE damage options.

Why would you use Double Chance with Nachash? It will certainly work better with Gevurah.

Sad to say, but the only calculation skill that worth using is Gevurah, simply because is easier to pull out. Now Double Chance demands even more points and it is still hard as hell to apply. Clone is situational and it serves its purpose.

RIP gimmicks (calculations, transformationsā€¦), devs are killig these particularities :ā€™(

Yes Gevurah and nachash quite decent. Double chance still best with bokor based kabba builds.

solo performance at HG340 of cler3 pala3 kabba3

Yes, it works better, I just stated Double Chance vs Nahash because you can actually substitute the damage boost of the skilllevels invested into Nahash from 7 to 10 by improving the skill-level of Double Chance.

Thatā€™s Ā± the way of saving Kabbalists original idea of damage multiplication by debuffs.

Itā€™s ok to skip it, but I still enjoy the possibility to boost my Effigy damage e.g. with Double Chance.

Double-chance is so hard to trigger, i wish i could see the area of effect, cause sometimes even tho iā€™m standing in front of the target the skill simply doesnā€™t aplly lol

I actually donā€™t have any problems with Double Chance.
Sure, the AoE is pretty small, but you can still use it very efficiently, especially against bosses.

And while it sure is gimmicky as hell, I donā€™t see a particular reason not to have it if there are skills in your move-set that can lure(e.g. Diev Statues) or CC(e.g. Bwa Kayiman) enemies.

By the way, is it just me or did Merkabah lose the ability to aggro monsters?
What happened to:

allowing it to become a tank in party play

?

I just wish double-chance applied the same way gevurah does, you know
like affecting every mob with calculated numbers in a certain radius around your character

would make it so much simpler

It wouldnā€™t be feasible now,though, because IMC decided to make Double Chance a Rank 7 skill.
This means that a lot of Classes in the Cleric tree would have access to level 5-7 Double Chance,
which translates into a lot of power gained by it if it were indeed covering a large area like Gevurah.

It would also diminish the identity of Gevurah and of Death Sentence (which is basically the a fusion of Double Chance [small area of effect/limited target capability] and Gevurah [not multiplying damage once but several times for the debuff duration]).
With the recent changes, Double Chance was Ā± equalized to Death Sentence standard (high investment - low return per skilllevel+ small area of effect) to not outperform each other while keeping the highest benefit for the Rank 9 skill Gevurah with a lower CD time and a larger area of effect.

Double Chanceā€™s area is just crap. It is too tricky to pull out against a group of enemies, even a small group.

Although I think it deserves a better area for a better usage, I think Gevurah area would be too much. I think something like half of Sephirotā€™s Tree area would be nice. Not that easy to pull out, but better to use.

It is really frustrating today to jump around the mob, get a good position and end up missing a lot of mobs even.

:tired:

I would love it if double chanceā€™s hit area is at least hamayaā€™s hit area.

2 Likes

Can anyone confirm if Nachash is a Holy property or Property-less magic attack? The kTOS Inven Site displays Nachash as a Holy property magic attack on the Kabbalist class page but the video greyhiem posted doesnā€™t show any 50% damage bonuses against the Blue Nuos in Nazarene Tower which are definitely Dark property mobs.

Nachash is neutral skill.

No big damage difference on dark (goat) and poison/earth (beetle) enemy.

Also noticed during drake raid no +50% holy bonus pop-up on any dark enemy including drake.

1 Like