Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

RIP Kabbalist. :tired:

I donā€™t think a minimum of +300% bonus damage is rip

With current rank 9 cap I donā€™t know whatā€™s worth to pair with that skill. Rank 6 and below DPS are not that good with exception Transmit Prana-ed Sadhu skills and Heal lv 15 burst. Sadhu 3 has a lot better options for Rank 7+ (Kabba 1 is good but above that is wasting circle), and Cleric 3 has more potential combo with Zealotā€™s SP skillā€¦

If we got rank 10 cap weā€™ll see which one give more damage factor for KabbaxZealot combo, Fanatic lv 15 with Ein Sof lv 5 or Fanatic lv 10 with Ein Sof 10ā€¦ OraclexZealot or KabbaxZealot is pretty much what Zealot meta pair depend on what you need (AoE/HP vs Boss Burst/SP)

1 Like

Both are not good because Ein Sof has downtime as long as you donā€™t have at least Ein Sof level 10 and Statue of Laima (so you need Diev C1 in your build).

well, the problem is that the developers again made a hitlimit.
I donā€™t understand them,though, because Chaplains Aspergillum is potentially stronger and has no hitlimit.
They simply hate Kabbalist, but then why did they even make this Class in the first place when itā€™s so underwhelming?
IMO Clerics in all games should be the most potent characters because they borrow the powers of the gods, who are supposed to be several million times stronger than some puny humans.

Even more so given the fact that the revelators are already infused with godly power, Clerics would be able to make the utmost out of their divine blessings because they arenā€™t heretics like the other Classes that donā€™t bother much with divinity.

And of all the clergymen in the Class roster, the Kabbalist is the most potent of them all simply because they are the only Class that actually indulges into studies how to use the divine power to manipulate everything.

2 Likes

Ein Sof has a bigger problem to it which is the fact it doesnā€™t keep your current hp high when you recast it.

Even if you have over 100% uptime with Ein Sof, youā€™ll always need to heal yourself again after casting it (even if buff is still active).

This completely kills the purpose of saving heals for PvM because of higher max hp (you will always waste a heal upon Ein Sof recast).

In fact, keeping Ein Sof up all the time usually requires you to heal yourself more often than not using it at all.

+300% minimum dmg is from Double Chance lv 10, which lasts only 1 hit (if skill is true multi-hit itā€™s only for the absolute first hit) and is usually wasted with unwanted party attacks.

As @greyhiem stated in another topic, Geburah gives +100% (at Skill Lv 5) flat additional damage for only an amount of hits equal to the calculated number. Considering strong Rank 8/9 skills have around 2000% damage, +100% flat damage would make it 2100% damage which consists of only a +5% final damage modifier. In short, this skill is completely garbage as well.

1 Like

Excuse me but isnā€™t the 100% multiplied by the number found with kabaā€™s skill?

Looks like the number found with Gematria/Notarikon only determines how much hits will receive +100% bonus dmg.

Ok, buy wasnā€™t the % going to multiply by the number o enemies? I thought it was the number but, seems I was wrong.

Thank you. Now, excuse me while I go to cry at the corner.

Donā€™t cry, friend. If you want a self-buff that looks like Double Chance/Geburah, you should look to Zealot C2 and their Blind Faith (or Asura Buff, as the people are calling it).

Iā€™m thinking about it a lotā€¦ I might change to miko zealot 2 and go spr or full con. I hope we get an reset event so I can decide better. I may also test kaba 3 cause I just like the kaba themeā€¦ Wish it was better though.

Yeah, I know this feeling. My Kabbalist was my first character after the CBT. Before the last reset event I was C2 > Krivis 3 > Miko > Kabba 1 > Tao 1, but Krivis was nerfed and I was hoping that Kabba C3 would save the class so I reset to C2 > Priest 3 > Miko > Kabba 2.

Right now, Iā€™m trying to choose between Taoist 2, Inquisitor 2 or Zealot 2. And maybe I use Kabbalist 1 as a filler class.

Iā€™m planning to keep my cleric 2 - priest 3 - chap in the new build. Iā€™ll probably go miko - zealot 2 since I see some potential for aoe clering using kagura + lighting aura and asura buff as some sort of damage boost. Full con or spr will be the go but Iā€™ll eant to test both since they have different advantages and I like to play around pvp sometimes.

That video image before playing is too funny. Kabba is treated like pre-patched sadhu on Kr forums.

(not a vid of ktest kabba)

Description: sniper merkabah, finally viable

Anyone with Kabbalist3 new attributes video? Please post. :wink:

I think that if IMC rework a little bit of the calculation skills, Kabbalist would be more viable than it is right now, specially for PvE. Starting with the cooldowns that should be way lower, we can also go with something likeā€¦

1. Double Chance: rework or attribute that enlarge the area of effect or affect all monsters under a calculated number, with the cost of reducing a little bit of the damage multiplied. Or even an attribute that consumes the multiplication only with the casterā€™s attacks/skills.

2. Reduce Level: applies any kind of secondary effect, maybe confusion or blind. Also have an attribute to applies the reduce level to all calculated monsters, or in a wide range like Gevurah

3. Clone: Increase the duration of cloned monsters or even allow silver drop from the monsters. It is only useful for DPK purposes right now, and this system is kinda dead in the way it was when this skill was created. If the cooldown will be high as it is, I donā€™t see a problem of dropping regular items and give EXP also, once you cannot use the skill very often, unless you have a Chronomancer with you.

4. Gevurah: it looks decent already, but instead of number of hits it could be a 10 seconds debuff that gives additional damage, like [(number x10)/3]% adicional damage to all hits. So a 9 would give 30% addicional damage to all hits on the affected monsters during 10 seconds, and with the attribute of minimum number of 3, the minimum amount of extra damage would be 10%.

This may look OP to some people, but the fact is that applying these calc debuffs on monsters takes considerable time in this game, because you have to group them, find a good number among 2 calc skils, and then use the debuff. With these changes, calculation skills may be more useful and compete with Plague Doctor skills.

Honestly, right now C1 is what you receive the most of a Kabbalist, cause C2 is very situational, and C3 looks OK so far, not mind blowing.

To bring back life to this thread:

I asked today [GM Playdate Fedimian] if they are planning to rework/rebalance the Class.

The answer by [GM] Orange:
" we canā€™t say the certain class rebalnce plan but we inform you that if we have any plan, rebalce, rework etc" [word by word quotation, including grammar & spelling errors]

No idea if we will ever see an update that will make Kabbalist useful. For now, it seems that the developers & Staff are ignoring the issues until theyā€™ve finished the ā€œWizard Rebalancingā€;

and no idea what comes afterwards, because hell, they will be focusing more on PVP/GVG rebalancing/rework this year [where{PVP/TBL} they already killed Kabbalist because itā€™s a sin to survive there with skills while killing/disabling with skills is ok].

About the initial post with the skill descriptions, I guess it is really outdated and could need an overhaul, but I guess the person in charge already quit the game&forums(last seen in may 2017).

Kabba2 is the only version that is in a bad spot, and you can say that for a ton of classes. Kabba1 and Kabba3 are very useful.

Someone simply needs to drop the class, Kabbalist 3 DOES NOT require a rework.

1 Like