Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

terrible… kill 50 mobs on a specific map that is attached to a specific Number. the lowest HP mob is 167,000 w/ knockback magic attacks

Man I feel bad for you… I’m really glad I decided to give up on Kab c2 and go for Inquisitor instead. My build was a full support / tank build that already struggles hard to kill 80k+ hp mobs.

The inquisitor class quest was the most stupid ever. Just collect 20 items from the ground and that’s it.

Kabbalist C2 tl;dr

Merkabah is your signature skill, but requires Attributes. Has damage negation, extra damage line on all damaging skills equal to 10% of the damage dealt, and a MDEF aura.

Double Chance has to be minimum Level 2 to be considered a DPS gain. At Level 5 buffed with Divine Might it can increase an Ally’s Damage tick by a factor of about x2.7 (on average) to x5.4 times… but highly dependannt on Gematria & Notarikon’s calculations

and ofc extra levels in Ein Sof & R7 which is always a win.

Not as impressive skill-wise as other Rank 8 classes, but has some nice offensive buffs.

Probably not bad as a 1 Rank Dip. Iquis, Taoist, & Miko are probably a better choice for Rank 8

All the details are added in the first post

1 Like

Have you tried Cloning Blue/White/Red/Gold Jackpot mobs yet?

I cloned a red mob and it just made duplicates of the mob without the buff. Since the blue/silver/gold/red affect is a buff it makes sense that the buff isn’t duplicated to the clones.

1 Like

Have you done any testing with the new merkabah attributes? For me the Divine Protection buff isn’t making me invulnerable. See my post and video about it here:

I was wondering if it’s different for you.

1 Like

He mentioned only physical attacks? That Ticen Magician deals magic damage, so maybe try some physical atk mob?

Divine Protection is more like stone skin. It will pretty much auto block physical, but magical will still go through, additionally you are not immune to CC. I need to re-edit that post.

newbie question, how do you use clone?

Alright tested with physical damage it doesn’t work either.

Also this is exactly what the buff description says when applied to the character:

“Either all physical attacks blocked or magic attacks nullified”

If we interpret it literally it does one or the other though I’m going to assume translation, as it often has been, isn’t always accurate. Also why does the merkabah itself block magic and physical attacks? I suspect the buff is applying to the merkabah itself but not correctly to the character.

Have you done any testing? I’d like to know because it’s possible there are specific conditions if this is a bug. The three attributes I have are divine protection, decreased movement speed, and enhanced durability.

You have to use Notarikon or Gematria on a mob. These skills calculate a number based on the mob’s name. Then you use clone and it’ll create as many clones as the number you calculated for a short time. Interesting to note though you can calculate 0 which results in no clones being created. I tested this on a Golden Vubbe (to try and duplicate dumpling items) but this generated the number 0. I also tested this on a Cockat mob in Fedimian Suburbs which generated the number 1. It should have made 1 clone but no clones were created. The cockat does have a sort of mini-boss icon near its health so I just assume those types of mobs can’t be cloned. In both these cases Notarikon and Gematria happened to generate the same numbers.

In general the ability is kinda lame. No additional xp and any extra chance for items is limited. Can’t see this helping you farm silver faster than the afk minion classes since its cd over 1 minute so no point in really taking this skill. It’d be nice if it could clone the mini-boss mobs and give you extra chance for rarer items. I don’t even think it’d be blown out of proportion since drop rates are low anyway.

1 Like

It may be bugged and the damage nullification doesn’t apply when you are riding them (silly I know, but this is IMC). In my experience, I haven’t ridden Merkabah when using it and I’ve been getting the damage nullification for physical.

Then again I’ve been using Merkabah offensively and getting my DPS to stand near or in the path or setting up SZ then having Merkabah travel through it.

With the new attributes, it’s not worth riding Merkabah until the very end before the explosion.

I only need to get Notarikon or Gematria right ?
I am trying to save skill point.

Probably yes, but if you want to get a good value produce by the math skill, getting both would be a better idea.

I mean, if your gematria produce a 0 on an enemy while notarikon might give you a higher number, then it’s better to get 2 of them.

If I have Gematria lv. 5, Does it do the calculation on 5 Mobs? Then Double Chance on the 5 Mobs?

Yes but the area on both skills is very very very limited.

Even if you can use the skill on 5 mobs, it’s very unlikely you will due to range limitations.

Thank you for your answer. The problem is about the how to use these skills.

In the end, Meta Kabbalist might be C3 Kabbalist with lv.10 on Double Chance, Gematria and Notarikon stand in Barrier, behind Pelt, by side of Wizard and in front of Archer. :kissing:

Does math skill+ reduce leve/clone/double chance spread if enemies under joint penalty?

I’m a little insulted you actually think I’d ride merkabah until the explosion when using it practically. I’ve tested it without riding it; I’m just riding it in the the video for the heck of it. That aside I’ve looked into merkabah a bit more so here’s my final statements about it.

You can see the wheels block damage on themselves but this isn’t because of divine protection, I checked by toggling the durability attribute. The durability attribute says it should take 1 damage but it actually always blocks and its hp bar never decreases even without divine protection - soo no point in leveling durability attribute past 1 right now I guess.

Also trying to think carefully about what was said for Merkabah update when rank 8 was announced:

“The ‘Merkabah’ skill will receive a new ‘Blessing’ attribute which will increase the defense and add Divine Property damage to nearby allies.
It will also receive an attribute that will reduce the movement speed of enemies allowing it to become a tank in party play.”

Checking my stats - divine protection doesn’t affect any of my defenses. Still if I have divine protection with durability disabled the merkabahs are destroyed in one hit soo… what is divine protection actually doing defense-wise for players or even itself? Also the statement above makes me think IMC wanted the merkabah wheels to act as ‘tanks’? They do aggro mobs but they can hardly maintain any sort of aggro at all… even when I’m not doing any dps sometimes mobs target me and not the wheels.

To sum up - all merkabah buffs do right now with the attributes if give you some magic defense, holy property atk, and is slower (though in my opinion might as well let them go full speed since dps in parties will kill everything before the wheels get the chance to explode otherwise). No invulnerability; intended or not. This is rather unfortunate since I was hoping kabbalist would to have more supportive value in groups with this update.

Damage from merkabah is rather weak compared to PD if you do the math. It has a base damage of maybe 11k across 12 hits with the new attributes ; versus the PD incinerate which is 30k total base damage across 20 hits without any duration extension. Not to mention Merkabah has a 45 second cooldown while incinerate has a 20 second cooldown with 2 overheats now. Merkabah has small advantages by being ranged, covering a larger area, and being burst damage instead of over time but even so it’s very underwhelming. For me, if it offered invulnerability like implied, that would’ve made it worth having in parties, as a slow moving merkabah might offer maybe 10 seconds or more of invulnerability.

There’s no way to tell if it’s bugged or if it is working as intended because translation and skill descriptions are awful - in any case I’ve reported it so hopefully IMC notices. Sadly this means I’ll be happier and more appreciated by others by playing a different support class in parties until this is changed/fixed or c3 is released and proves to be really awesome to make up for this disappointment. I really do wish kabbalist was better, but for now it’ll just be collecting dust on the shelf.

1 Like

I think normally, Incinerate should do more damage than Merkabah because Incinerate is DOT, have no range, stack with other PD’s Incinerate and not can be countered in PvP. The 20 hits also have to get pass M.Def more than 12 hits of Merkabah too. So the damage part of Merkabah should not be very underwhelming.

IMO, to get the highest damage from Merkabah, you can calculate (Kabbalist’s job?) the area where the slow Merkabah will land. And then gather Mobs on that area to cast the calculation spells and Double Chance.