Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

Multiple Heal is nice actually. I mean Cleric in this game only has 2 direct Healing skills: Heal and Mass heal… I dunno what IMC thinking, sure varied buff skills are nice but even in RO a Monk can still act as Healer and even the last rank of Monk has 1 Healing skill as upgrade. Miko is clearly not a Healer…

R7 and Double chance are work together but it isnt like that we are expecting for 7hits x multi-calculate numbers from Gema/Nota. It seems to be separate. It will come out with 7hits from R7 + Double chance outcome. (for ex. got 3 number Gema/Nota on the enemy, use Double chance then R7 and get hit by the enemy = 7hits + 3hits = 10hits on the enemy)

I figured as much… But if you manage to get 6+ for the result… That would be glorious.

So I somehow finish this thread and learned a lot of things, but there is something that feels I somehow misunderstand a skill description in my mind and that is the Gema and Nota. I want to know what exactly are this thing… What will happen if I use this?
What will happen if I attack the monster with this?
What? what?
Im intersted on making Kaba but the more I go for the latest post the more the aura become sad,

Gema and Nota are required in order to cast 3 of the kabbal: reduce level, clone and double chance.

Now, if you cast one of the skills on a monster and did not follow it with the said skills above, then it does nothing.

1 Like

Ok, That was fast! Thanks a lot Huerin

@Sakane

Hello, can u tell me your thoughts about my build? I wanna have a good amount of Hp in TBL without ein sof…so I dont know if I need to go full con for that…I need survivor… to have time to give my party some support or even kill more targets with effigy and 7fold…

It should be fine. The HP thing won’t be an issue since you have nice defensive abilities. You won’t really need to go into full CON at all, since there are a lot of ways to boost your Max HP with items (headgear enchants, transcendence, etc.)

1 Like

thank u ! :smiley: :cocktail:

Hi all, I am a full support - INT based C2 Diev3 Oracle Kabbal. I read the entire posts in this thread the other day, but I am still a bit unclear and have some questions which I hope you don’t mind to answer:

1. My original plan was 5 ein sof, 5 Merkabah and 5 Revenge7x. However, considering that circle 2 focuses on Merkabah and skill related to numbers, do you think that it’s worthy to allocate points on other skills (Gematria, Notarikon, and Reduce Level) despite long preparation to cast skills? What are your suggestions in terms of skill allocation points?
  2. Still related to question no. 1, I am disappointed on Merkabah’s long casting time and the damage is not that wow either, at least at level 1. However, I still want to know if it’s worthy to invest on Merkabah as dps support. How often do you use Merkabah and during what’s situation?
  3. What attributes do you guys invest in Kabbalist and what’re the minimum attribute levels that you recommend?
  4. What cards do you recommend for full support build?

I apologise in advance if I have addressed similar issues and asked a lot of questions. Thank you.

This is my personal experience so Sakane and others might have different concept.

1. In general, I actually won’t recommend Kabbalist 2 even with the new attributes. Only Merkabah that worth mentioning (all math skills suck) and it’s really fine if you want more Ein Sof or Revenge and ignore all maths… You probably can throw some leftover points but that’s it… You can also pick other class instead with your class composition.
  2. For me, I used Merkabah instead for long range provoke. It even matched with Peltasta’s swash for range wise (but not wide range like swash, only pull monsters that get hit or around Merkabah). Outside that, I only use it when monsters weak to holy (it’s noticable when you use it to dark elements)
  3. The minimum you need are just Ein Sof and skill durations. Everything else are just not noticable

can’t really recommend cards, since I don’t invest for them with price issues…

1. Kabb2 isn’t best choice right now. The Math skills are weak and not worth an investing, too much set up for lack luster results. If you do go Kabb 2; R7 & Ein Sof Max is the way to go.
  2. Merkabah is fairly weak for damage. Then again, I don’t have Attributes invested for the damage and I am a SPR-INT build. I use it in TBL and GvG to break the opponent’s R7s, zoning people (people generally run away from the wheels), and scouting for invisible enemies in TBL as the AoE is very wide so it can break Cloaking.
  3. Ein Sof’s SP & Maintain Time & R7’s Duration is all I have. I do have the Attributes for Curse and Petrifaction, but that is definitely easier to pull off on a Bokor Build of sorts.
  4. Honestly do not know for cards… If you intend to do Damage with the Carve Owl statues maybe investing into Magic Attack or Magic Amp. Cards would be the safest bet.

But yes, this is my own personal experience with my build which is more traditional full support.

Thank you for your reply @rveins and @Sakane.

Since you guys don’t recommend Kabbal circle 2, what class are you gonna get when rank 8 is released? Will Miko or PD be a good idea for my build?

Either one should be good since both has one magic skills to rely on (Incineration and whatever Miko’s magic arrow was). Miko also can extend Diev’s Owl for good synergy. But note that if your character is male it’s probably difficult to put Miko with gender issues lol…

My own character is STR based (Monk Kabbalist and later Inquisitor), so I can’t comment much for the support part…

Thanks @rveins :smiley: No problem, I have female character :slight_smile:

Taoist wouldn’t be bad either. Everyone seems to focus on the Lightning Property Charm, but the other Taoist Charms are fairly strong as well. They also can be detonated for more damage. Miko may be good because of what rviens’s reasoning

I really want to know if Kabbalist C3 will feature Sephiroth/Ez Chajim…
If Gematria or Notarikon (one of them) is really limited to numbers between 1 and 10, it would be really sad if the class won’t feature the Kabbalistic system of Sefirot/Sephirot.
I want to see the actual “Sphere Tree” as a ground AoE-skill that targets monsters with different attacks/debuffs depending on which of the spheres is assigned to them by their number (1-10 -> Kether-Malchuth) :slight_smile:

Anyway, I think Kabbalist is already a good class, not really overpowered, but not that bad either, the only thing that’s a little sad currently is that the number mystic only concerns with debuffing and not with buffing the char, as Gematria and Notarikon can only target enemies…

I’m going to try out a Chaplain Kabbalist for fun, it might be worth it. Currently I’m still not sure if I should go Dievdyrbis C1 for R6, but most other options (like Cleric C2/ Oracle/Monk/Druid C1) don’t seem really useful for that build while Diev C1 grants -20% CD buff and SP regeneration help [means I don’t have to waste half of my Ein Sof for SP recovery and I can have everlasting Ein Sof even at lvl 10 due to CD reduction].

I think it’s the most useful choice since nearly all Kabbalist skills have CD times of 30+ seconds, especially the useful ones like Merkaba and Revenge Sevenfold.

1 Like

Probably the best builds for Kabbalist, imo, are:

Cleric 2 > Bokor 3 > Oracle/Priest > Kab
Cleric 2 > Diev 3 > Oracle/Priest > Kab

Chaplain Kabbalist is too far into the full support line that it falls off extremely hard in the 180+ ranges. Diev is the all around good pick for the reason stated above. Bokor is more PvP focused, very strong for self sustain and damage.

Well, the Chaplain build is just for fun as stated above anyway, and since I already have a Bokor Oracle that’s going for Taoist later on I’d like to try something new.

MMORPGs shouldn’t be taken so seriously as to force people in some builds just because it’s “more efficient” or because it “doesn’t fall off”.
That’s the thing I like in ToS actually, that you can leisurely play around with quests,levels, can freely customize your character class and your base stats.
Becoming top DPS/healer/support was never a thing for me in MMORPGs, unique gameplay was way more important and makes me feel that the time I spent on it was less wasted than actually following some guides, farm certain endgame equipment and becoming forced to spend lots of $$$ ingame to keep it on that level with new caps,equips,skills,ranks,etc.

That’s not fun and becomes stressful to keep the competitiveness up when I’m currently very busy with my studies…

I understand what you are saying. However ToS does have a soft ‘cap’ (potential/level/idkwhatwordtousehere) on what builds can get you into the upper Ranks. The game is notably difficult for rainbow builds as you need to balance damage, survival, and resources against a system with significant jumps in Monster HP/Damage/Skills in the 170+ areas.

In certain cases it works, I’ve seen a fair share of 280s with varying degrees of rainbow and odd dips, but they make the build work because they have a concept in mind. But it’s only a handful, which tells me somewhere along the way, rainbow builds do fall apart or couldn’t get past zones.

But the words “efficient” & “effective” are defined by builds that have a significantly easier time in balancing those 3 aspects, or going all in on one (with the exception of Full Support, for reasons). So it’s difficult to ignore when you want to talk builds, as that is what built-crafting/theory-crafting entails. Too a degree when someone is building a rainbow character that’s what they are doing, they are being “efficient” by having a LOT of varieties skills and covering everything, instead of honing in on a single role.

But yes… it all boils down to the player, if you do not care about metas and just play around with whatever build strikes your fancy at the time. That works! I have just experienced a lot of players getting discouraged by their odd builds because it is not sustainable for whatever reason.