Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

Divine Protection is more like stone skin. It will pretty much auto block physical, but magical will still go through, additionally you are not immune to CC. I need to re-edit that post.

newbie question, how do you use clone?

Alright tested with physical damage it doesnā€™t work either.

Also this is exactly what the buff description says when applied to the character:

ā€œEither all physical attacks blocked or magic attacks nullifiedā€

If we interpret it literally it does one or the other though Iā€™m going to assume translation, as it often has been, isnā€™t always accurate. Also why does the merkabah itself block magic and physical attacks? I suspect the buff is applying to the merkabah itself but not correctly to the character.

Have you done any testing? Iā€™d like to know because itā€™s possible there are specific conditions if this is a bug. The three attributes I have are divine protection, decreased movement speed, and enhanced durability.

You have to use Notarikon or Gematria on a mob. These skills calculate a number based on the mobā€™s name. Then you use clone and itā€™ll create as many clones as the number you calculated for a short time. Interesting to note though you can calculate 0 which results in no clones being created. I tested this on a Golden Vubbe (to try and duplicate dumpling items) but this generated the number 0. I also tested this on a Cockat mob in Fedimian Suburbs which generated the number 1. It should have made 1 clone but no clones were created. The cockat does have a sort of mini-boss icon near its health so I just assume those types of mobs canā€™t be cloned. In both these cases Notarikon and Gematria happened to generate the same numbers.

In general the ability is kinda lame. No additional xp and any extra chance for items is limited. Canā€™t see this helping you farm silver faster than the afk minion classes since its cd over 1 minute so no point in really taking this skill. Itā€™d be nice if it could clone the mini-boss mobs and give you extra chance for rarer items. I donā€™t even think itā€™d be blown out of proportion since drop rates are low anyway.

1 Like

It may be bugged and the damage nullification doesnā€™t apply when you are riding them (silly I know, but this is IMC). In my experience, I havenā€™t ridden Merkabah when using it and Iā€™ve been getting the damage nullification for physical.

Then again Iā€™ve been using Merkabah offensively and getting my DPS to stand near or in the path or setting up SZ then having Merkabah travel through it.

With the new attributes, itā€™s not worth riding Merkabah until the very end before the explosion.

I only need to get Notarikon or Gematria right ?
I am trying to save skill point.

Probably yes, but if you want to get a good value produce by the math skill, getting both would be a better idea.

I mean, if your gematria produce a 0 on an enemy while notarikon might give you a higher number, then itā€™s better to get 2 of them.

If I have Gematria lv. 5, Does it do the calculation on 5 Mobs? Then Double Chance on the 5 Mobs?

Yes but the area on both skills is very very very limited.

Even if you can use the skill on 5 mobs, itā€™s very unlikely you will due to range limitations.

Thank you for your answer. The problem is about the how to use these skills.

In the end, Meta Kabbalist might be C3 Kabbalist with lv.10 on Double Chance, Gematria and Notarikon stand in Barrier, behind Pelt, by side of Wizard and in front of Archer. :kissing:

Does math skill+ reduce leve/clone/double chance spread if enemies under joint penalty?

Iā€™m a little insulted you actually think Iā€™d ride merkabah until the explosion when using it practically. Iā€™ve tested it without riding it; Iā€™m just riding it in the the video for the heck of it. That aside Iā€™ve looked into merkabah a bit more so hereā€™s my final statements about it.

You can see the wheels block damage on themselves but this isnā€™t because of divine protection, I checked by toggling the durability attribute. The durability attribute says it should take 1 damage but it actually always blocks and its hp bar never decreases even without divine protection - soo no point in leveling durability attribute past 1 right now I guess.

Also trying to think carefully about what was said for Merkabah update when rank 8 was announced:

ā€œThe ā€˜Merkabahā€™ skill will receive a new ā€˜Blessingā€™ attribute which will increase the defense and add Divine Property damage to nearby allies.
It will also receive an attribute that will reduce the movement speed of enemies allowing it to become a tank in party play.ā€

Checking my stats - divine protection doesnā€™t affect any of my defenses. Still if I have divine protection with durability disabled the merkabahs are destroyed in one hit sooā€¦ what is divine protection actually doing defense-wise for players or even itself? Also the statement above makes me think IMC wanted the merkabah wheels to act as ā€˜tanksā€™? They do aggro mobs but they can hardly maintain any sort of aggro at allā€¦ even when Iā€™m not doing any dps sometimes mobs target me and not the wheels.

To sum up - all merkabah buffs do right now with the attributes if give you some magic defense, holy property atk, and is slower (though in my opinion might as well let them go full speed since dps in parties will kill everything before the wheels get the chance to explode otherwise). No invulnerability; intended or not. This is rather unfortunate since I was hoping kabbalist would to have more supportive value in groups with this update.

Damage from merkabah is rather weak compared to PD if you do the math. It has a base damage of maybe 11k across 12 hits with the new attributes ; versus the PD incinerate which is 30k total base damage across 20 hits without any duration extension. Not to mention Merkabah has a 45 second cooldown while incinerate has a 20 second cooldown with 2 overheats now. Merkabah has small advantages by being ranged, covering a larger area, and being burst damage instead of over time but even so itā€™s very underwhelming. For me, if it offered invulnerability like implied, that wouldā€™ve made it worth having in parties, as a slow moving merkabah might offer maybe 10 seconds or more of invulnerability.

Thereā€™s no way to tell if itā€™s bugged or if it is working as intended because translation and skill descriptions are awful - in any case Iā€™ve reported it so hopefully IMC notices. Sadly this means Iā€™ll be happier and more appreciated by others by playing a different support class in parties until this is changed/fixed or c3 is released and proves to be really awesome to make up for this disappointment. I really do wish kabbalist was better, but for now itā€™ll just be collecting dust on the shelf.

1 Like

I think normally, Incinerate should do more damage than Merkabah because Incinerate is DOT, have no range, stack with other PDā€™s Incinerate and not can be countered in PvP. The 20 hits also have to get pass M.Def more than 12 hits of Merkabah too. So the damage part of Merkabah should not be very underwhelming.

IMO, to get the highest damage from Merkabah, you can calculate (Kabbalistā€™s job?) the area where the slow Merkabah will land. And then gather Mobs on that area to cast the calculation spells and Double Chance.

Donā€™t seem really practical though. Each wheel deals damage separately and double chance only works on the next hit (which is the 1st wheel damage).

Merkabah will never win incinerate in terms of damage no matter how we look at it. It is limited at a max level of 5 whereas other damage spells have level progression in C2. How do you get 12 hits of merkabah, 6hits from divine mighted skill + additional 6hits from the 10% extra line of damage buff?

Personally if want to use Merkabah as a damage skill, it will be better to do without the slow attribute. The original merkabah speed is good enough as a delayed DPS skill which is awesome to use as a zoning/positioning tool.

I personally used Merkabah not as DPS chain (given my build using DPS chain), rather as zoning and semi-provoking skillā€¦ Unless IMC doing major buff for it, I wonā€™t call it DPS skill at all, just an utility skill with damage as bonus effect, similar to Aspersio, Resurrection, and Divine Might when enemies get hit when they get near to yourselfā€¦ I actually wished for knockback toogle-attribute, so it has more effect on PvP aspectā€¦

Firstly, I apologize if it came off as an insult? re-reading my response it didnā€™t really read that way, but sorry.

Few things to keep in mind.

• This was a very large patch, and with IMCā€™s track record with patches as large as these, there are bound to be plenty of bugs.
  • my responses are never emotionally driven, and I have no intention of malice.

IMC has never been extremely clear about role of the Kabbalist or the support and tank role in ToS in general. If you look at the kit, it is defined by mostly support & tank like abilities. Also the translations have never been accurate, and there is no such thing as a direct 1 to 1 translation, especially from Korean to English.

With that in mind, I think another way to think of Merkabahā€™s new attributes is: ā€˜Itā€™s a defensive buff that makes the Kabbalist more Tankyā€™.

The ā€œsince dps in parties will kill everything before the wheels get the chance to explode otherwiseā€ is not true in the new maps. The mob HPs jump too drastically, the lowest Iā€™ve encountered is in the 160k range. Additionally the extra line of 10% Holy Property Attack is nothing to laugh about since the extra line procs on Autos & skills, making Multi-hitters and burst DPSs high a lot harder.

Merkabah was never intended to compete with Incinerate as Kabbalist and PD are two separate styles of play. Incinerate and the PD C2 abilities makes PDs DoT machines and solidly a DPS-Support hybrid. Merkabah is solidly a support buff, with the extra damage being added as a bonus, but falls into a Tank-Support style kit nicely.

All in all, Kabbalist, imo, was intended to be Tank-Support, so the HP boost from Ein Sof & R7 make sense with that. Merkabah is not terrible, it has itā€™s applications w/o attributes, using it as delayed DPS & an mob pull as @Nekorin & @rveins mentioned are some of those ways.

I have a kabb2 and my new attributes are almost maxedā€¦ Iā€™ve got max Merkabah wheels and the dmg attribute is lvl 50ā€¦ I have INT in my build and a mage braceletā€¦ but let me tell you it is worthless for DPS in rank 8. Prior to 280, it helped a little bit. But with the new buffs it can provide, and the debuff to mobsā€¦ if you have the slow/toughness attribute for your wheels and use divine might for one extra wheelā€¦ you have a fairly long-lasting super buff/debuff taking up most of the screenā€¦ Using the Merkabah now is all about where the wheels get placed as soon as you cast them - NOT where they are going/how much dmg they are doing. I practically aim backward with it if thatā€™s what it takes to have the wheels pop onto party members where all this good stuff can have some use. Talking about DPS on merkabah in R8 is just a waste of time. If you want to use it for DPS, go kabb1 and skip kabb2 in favor of some other class.

I donā€™t mean Merkabah is all about damage. I mean it should not be very underwhelming. I also want to point that this skill is one of the skill you should want to hit with Double Chance. Because it is the best damage skill you gonna get, if you go to Kabbalist C2. There is better if your teammate can hit a highest damage skill on targets under Double Chanceā€™s effect but in random team, it is very hard to do. So your slow Merkabah should be easier combo for your Double Chance. I donā€™t think you really want to aim Merkabah on nothing and only get its attributes - you can do that sometime.

Okay, so I discover something dreadful regarding the new rank 8 patch and such.

As you can see, my revenge sevenfold has an infinite amount on my pet and on an npc. Even when you removed your pet, the sevenfold effect is still there.

Now, has anyone encountered this or can someone replicate thisā€¦thing?

1 Like

u have to use with oracle skills to get a lot of drops. u can farm some crazy battle bracelet with it

buut i dont have kaba so iā€™m john snow