Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Inquisitor's Thread

Exactly what I was hoping for. So it turns ever melee attack itself into AOE attacks while ignoring(?) the AOE Attack Limit of the original attack?

Yea AoE Attack Ratio and Target Limits don’t matter as long as you hit the wheel. AoE Attack Ratio / Target Limit only matters when there’s too many targets on the wheel and you end up not hitting the wheel itself.

1 Like

Would Energy blast hit the wheel? I mean, it’s ranged physical… but ranged attacks shouldn’t work on the wheel, right? The balance changes to Monk include lowering energy blast charging time… so maybe we can use this to our advantage once this change is applied…

One more thing: what about Toy Hammer and Shark Cutter? Does their trigger effect (explosion/bleeding) work with the wheel?

For example the shark cutter:

When u apply. Keeping 5 times u get 5 hits with the next basic attack. When I use DP in the wheel with a shark cutter equipped, does the spreader damage have the chance to apply bleeding on each hit? Or maybe if the bleed triggers on the wheel itself, is that bleed-applying hit then applied to all targets and makes them bleed? If so we could propably get a full bleed-stack with a single hit (if enough enemies are on the screen).

Same with toy hammer… shouldn’t it explode all the time when using it on the wheel? Would it explode in the wheel or on the enemies that get the hits applied?

I think it will. It’s still considered as a Melee Physical, and it does get boosted by Kagura Dance.

Never tested it and never analysed it so I can’t give you an answer, sorry

1 Like

Alright. Thanks for your replies. Once I get the wheel I’ll test this :slight_smile:

I do recall that toy hammer + wheel works. then the toy hammer nerf arrived.

EB + wheel should work, though questionable. Since the wheel’s duration at most is 12secs, you might be wasting around 3-7 secs to charge EB depending on its level. Then getting magically hit that cancels EB charge.

Though I never used this combination, since i prefer god smash on it.

Hey all, what weapon is recommended to transcend for inquisitors?

The 290 mace, vienariz something. The item is kinda cheap and affordable and getting it is easy.

Then there’s the skull smasher, the orange type mace that I had seen somewhere in the shout.

Vienarazis for physical base (Monks and Paladins)
Skull Smasher otherwise

If you are still interested, you can follow this thread for the beast version of the monqui.

There are some good options actually

• Monk 2/3 : For debuffs that can be spread with wheels, God Finger give extra damage to God Smash. Energy Blast for filler when Wheel on cool down…
  • Druid 1/2: what c2gaming refers
    If you decide Monk 2/Druid 1 only, Plague and Kabbalist can work well for rank 7 filler
  • Pardoner 1+Plague Doctor 1: Independent but can be combo-ed. Discerning Evil for extending Malleus+Incineration+Palm Strike. If you got Agny Necklace, Incineration can be boosted even with just few INT…

Does the damage from conviction - smite get the damage boost from MM debuff by 3?

Hey, sorry if I didn’t finish part 3 of the guide (stats allocation) but I’m kinda busy lately so I had to take a break from TOS.

ByTheWay, if u go druid you have to go Monk1/druid2 since Transformation is at circle 2 into dudu, and that’s the whole point of picking the class :wink:

Which are the best PVE and PVP builds with inquisitor? Is there any way to avoind one of ancher related classes’ skill which makes you keep falling in the ground ? And Is there a way to get the ancher hiding ?Thanks =)

Are DEX pvm monk1>pally3>inquisitor builds a thing at all, as opposed to STR ones? I get that God Smash would benefit more from crit% than STR, but wasn’t the old consensus that DEX by itself doesn’t give enough crit% to be worth it without an additional crit source?

Quoting from here: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/paladin-build-compendium-and-faq-updated-29-04-2016/155803/

[quote]As a Cleric I never think it’s a good idea to get DEX instead of INT or STR. I’ve applied my statistics and experiences from playing paladin to the guide. There’s very little more I can add to that.

That’s because the impact DEX has is unimpressive per point investment.

With 200 crit rate you’ll crit as often as 17% at level 280. That’s with 100 DEX and 100 crit rate from gear. 100 crit rate is equivalent to +14% chance to crit. On bosses your chance to crit is even lower.[/quote]

Sure, the thread’s main post is outdated - and this was before Druid3, where I assume the +50% crit chance modifier works with Lycanthrophy. But I don’t see a reason to go DEX instead of STR on a pally3 Inquisitor.

Am I missing something? The patch notes don’t mention anything that seems relevant. Reason I’m asking is because I want to go towards a paladin-base Inquisitor myself…

@OP @Wrathior @mrshadowccg (Wrathior, I know your build doesn’t include pally, just mentioning people to try and shed light on the subject)

STR used to be better because of the low base damage values. Now with R8 skills and buffed hat costume enchants, DEX is far better. Btw It’s totally possible to reach 100% crit rate with gear and Monstrance. DEX also provides more than just damage (via Crit), it gives you EVA which is essential for survival.

I don’t know why but in ToS most guids are trash; it like all the noobs decided to make guides together, so unless the author has some solid proof of their build performing, you shouldn’t believe anything they say, especially outdated ones.

As for a Paladin based Inq, I know I’ve said this a lot already but I really don’t recommend it. The damage you gain is so minimal while you lose sooooo much utility/survival. A Miko-Inq would offer FAR more damage.

But then again, with those recent buffs to Paladin (i.e the Barrier attrib) maybe they are somewhat useful now? I’m really not too sure.

1 Like

I see, that explains a lot then. Seems like this game’s meta likes changing completely every few months…

The Paladin compendium info’s been tested a lot by different players, that’s why I quoted it in the first place. It’s just that it seems it’s very outdated now, the OP quit and doesn’t seem to be coming back.

As for the Paladin base, it’d honestly be just a novelty char. For my main I’m thinking of going SPR-heavy Chaplain for support (into maybe inq again?)… Chaplain’s probably not the best support one-rank, but I really like the idea of Capella, and Priest3 seems very future-proof.

Still, assuming a Pally3 alt, would the best r8 pick be Inquisitor?

Chaplains are weak. Most Chaplains I know actually re-rolled that Rank into Miko with the reset voucher.

Ay I dunno, like I said, it’s like the noobs all banded together or something. The majority of people who aren’t from my server still think my build is trash and don’t believe what I say, but I’m the top DPS (for WB) and can carry ET/315 too.

Yes, Inq is definitely the best R8 for Pally, though.

1 Like

Assuming that your aim to be play defensively with your pally, then inquist might not be the best. Stand-alone wise, most inquist skills are meant for murdering and fast killing and others.

Now if you play the opposite way, then inquist might be good.

1 Like