Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Inquisitor's Thread

wheel has hit limit. Flame does same damage as your autoattack would… is it worth wasting hit counts on autoattack? probably not, unless you are a chapilan, but then you are a gimmick rather then viable killing machine

1 Like

Does the wheels hit-count increase with level? I mean… at level 16 it lasts 32 seconds…would be stupid if it had a low hit count :confused:

Dunno about. I do recalled one incident where my wheel last one second when a ninja-murmi attack it.

For now, we can’t be certain if wheel hp would get a boost on rank 9

Also, inquist attributes are so expensive. I’d rather use god-smash on wheel rather than the burn attribute

Yeah, sure… but I thought it could be situational …maybe :stuck_out_tongue: not that I want to build around that idea though…

But… even from level 1 to level 5 there is no hit-count increase? :frowning: that’s pretty bad then :frowning:

I hope that u dont dislike my monk1/drui2 variant guide too much, I do enjoy playing it in pve :wink:

Now that miko is out, is worth trying some INT inqui build, and I’m strongly considering to play with this one

The only thing that hold me from something like that is that I don’t have good headslots for hybrid clerics, since for a char like this one IMO elemental dmg + hp shine (aside from all your int spells, u can also filler in all the others inqui skills on top of the random smite for the lul) and I do like to have BiS gear when exping a new char :stuck_out_tongue: (white knight everywhere hueheuehuehue)

Ofc is another off meta build, but I’m guessing which direction we should take on Miko/inqui

I got my Burn attrib to 20. I think it’s actually worth it. While it may not be super strong it still helps with damage. For example it makes solo’ing Uphill possible and helps greatly with Solmiki 23F.

1 Like

Nice. How does it scale exactly? Just your Base ATK from strength, or simply your PATK? Does it emulate basic hits with the equipped weapon?

a lv 20 burn cost more or less 20M

the darkess resist attribute lv20 cost 40M

1 Like

What’s your build exactly? How does burn scale? Can it crit?

I only “hate” guides that claim to be good when they clearly suck. There is nothing wrong with guides for ‘for-fun’ or non-meta builds.

INT scaling is pretty bad so I wouldn’t recommend it, especially since only MM will scale with it and MM is already strong as it is. Don’t underestimate it’s debuff; it adds 2-3k more dmg per hit.

The Burn passive hits a bit harder than basic attacks and ticks around 2-3x per second? It is counted as a physical holy attack and can crit. I’m not sure on exact scaling.

My exact build is here: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/wqig0s2558

3 Likes

I got my attribute to 10 (10 more level to go)
It is a good source of damage, but I just dont think it is worth to hit the wheel with that.
I still prefer doing the wheel -> 3x godsmash -> one inch punch -> double punch to infinity

Who said anything about hitting Wheel with the flames? You use Wheel to kill and spawn those flames to kill more.

1 Like

I did… it was just a technical idea though :slight_smile:

I hate on kill mechanics. It could have been anything else: on hit, on crit, every x hits/crits/damage. I was so happy to see the rework on [jincan gu] thinking maybe they could do that for the other on kill abilities.

1 Like

what’s the damage property of the burn attribute? Is it linked to fire?

@wlrepresentacao2 I have no idea why you’re asking me that lol… I’m here mainly asking questions…

That said, @Wrathior’s build seems to be really good based on his vids. Great survivability, can support if needed, and great damage with Pears+Monstrance on DEX build. You can ask the actual build user for more details, I’m not in the position to do anything but quote other people.

Chaplain has synergy with Inquis and burn attribute since each burn hit is considered an auto-attack. That means aspergillum and any extra line damage is counted in each burn hit.

ME is respectable damage if you get high magic attack, and chap is rank 5 so it does not mean you can’t take miko as well.

Optimal? Nah.
Weak? I disagree.

Hello @Naivety, welcome back to the forums.

As others stated before, DEX is in a better place now than STR in most physical dmg builds.

Inquisitors are very good not only as dps chars, but also as “supports”. Even if you can’t deal much damage to your own Breaking Wheel, others in your party surely will. The wheel also deals considerable damage even without using God Smash in it.

Malleus’ debuff makes enemies take an additional damage equal to they magic atk, which in most R8 cases, translate to ~1k additional damage per hit. This is very good as an offensive debuff for your party, and also yourself.

You said something in another topic about making a SPR build. I made a Cleric 3 > Pally 3 > Pardoner 1 > Inqui myself with nearly full SPR build and I was actually very satisfied with the results. It’s not a very good build for pvp but for pvm it makes most magic dmg mobs hit you for 1 dmg with barrier + increase magic defense (from pardoner) active. Discerning Evil combos quite nicely with Malleus and is esp effective against bosses.

Making a SPR build for chaplain’s capella isn’t a terrible idea, but reaching high defense with proper gear (and now with the new yellow gem for armors) is a lot easier. Stone Skin becomes less useful when you already have ~1.5k or more defense coming from aspersion and reasonable defense gear and mobs already hit you quite low in physical damage, making the damage negligible.

Leveling a SPR build however is a big pain. Your dps will only be reasonable when you reach inquisitor. I used a stat reset on my char so I didn’t really go through it, but I can tell it would be a real test of patience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any INT inquisitor here?

Cleric2/Priest3/Chaplain/Miko INT build looking if anyone else is choose inquisitor for R8 with an INT build.

I do have 15 aspersion and aspergillium, plus 4 points on sacrament and last rites. It seems Inquisitor has good synergy with chaplain because of this (1 attribute/attack seems to work with aspergillium), but dunno if that applies to INT chaplains.

I read “Breaking Wheel” gets some extra damage based on magic attack in a youtube video from KToS that described inquisitor skills. Anyone knows if it’s true?

At 6:21.

I am not sure if i should be choosing a class with 3/4 physical attack skills when my build is based on holy magic attacks (hamaya, cure, magnum exorcismus, heal 2x damage with blessing).