Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Inquisitor's Thread

@wlrepresentacao2 I have no idea why you’re asking me that lol… I’m here mainly asking questions…

That said, @Wrathior’s build seems to be really good based on his vids. Great survivability, can support if needed, and great damage with Pears+Monstrance on DEX build. You can ask the actual build user for more details, I’m not in the position to do anything but quote other people.

Chaplain has synergy with Inquis and burn attribute since each burn hit is considered an auto-attack. That means aspergillum and any extra line damage is counted in each burn hit.

ME is respectable damage if you get high magic attack, and chap is rank 5 so it does not mean you can’t take miko as well.

Optimal? Nah.
Weak? I disagree.

Hello @Naivety, welcome back to the forums.

As others stated before, DEX is in a better place now than STR in most physical dmg builds.

Inquisitors are very good not only as dps chars, but also as “supports”. Even if you can’t deal much damage to your own Breaking Wheel, others in your party surely will. The wheel also deals considerable damage even without using God Smash in it.

Malleus’ debuff makes enemies take an additional damage equal to they magic atk, which in most R8 cases, translate to ~1k additional damage per hit. This is very good as an offensive debuff for your party, and also yourself.

You said something in another topic about making a SPR build. I made a Cleric 3 > Pally 3 > Pardoner 1 > Inqui myself with nearly full SPR build and I was actually very satisfied with the results. It’s not a very good build for pvp but for pvm it makes most magic dmg mobs hit you for 1 dmg with barrier + increase magic defense (from pardoner) active. Discerning Evil combos quite nicely with Malleus and is esp effective against bosses.

Making a SPR build for chaplain’s capella isn’t a terrible idea, but reaching high defense with proper gear (and now with the new yellow gem for armors) is a lot easier. Stone Skin becomes less useful when you already have ~1.5k or more defense coming from aspersion and reasonable defense gear and mobs already hit you quite low in physical damage, making the damage negligible.

Leveling a SPR build however is a big pain. Your dps will only be reasonable when you reach inquisitor. I used a stat reset on my char so I didn’t really go through it, but I can tell it would be a real test of patience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any INT inquisitor here?

Cleric2/Priest3/Chaplain/Miko INT build looking if anyone else is choose inquisitor for R8 with an INT build.

I do have 15 aspersion and aspergillium, plus 4 points on sacrament and last rites. It seems Inquisitor has good synergy with chaplain because of this (1 attribute/attack seems to work with aspergillium), but dunno if that applies to INT chaplains.

I read “Breaking Wheel” gets some extra damage based on magic attack in a youtube video from KToS that described inquisitor skills. Anyone knows if it’s true?

At 6:21.

I am not sure if i should be choosing a class with 3/4 physical attack skills when my build is based on holy magic attacks (hamaya, cure, magnum exorcismus, heal 2x damage with blessing).

I am an INT chaplain/inquis and I think I answered your questions in the other thread you made.

Burn and Breaking wheel synergize with aspergillum.

Malleus scales with INT.

Oh, you are an INT build? You didn’t mentioned that on the other post.

There is a lot of information that enter in conflict when i did a research on youtube and databases so i wanted more opinions.

Is what the video says true? That wheel gets some kind of extra damage based on magic attack, even if it’s marked as a physical skill?

My real question is if Burn is actual fire element and Agny will boost it or not :koala:

If you actually bothered to read the posts you would have found your answer already.

@WindyAutumn I have an INTquisitor too, it doesn’t scale with matk. It is a pure patk skill.

1 Like

Hope the mini guide I wrote isn’t one of your ‘hated’ ones lol.

Do agree that INT scalling is really bad for inquisitor, what’s worse is MM doesn’t even have a bonus damage% attribute. Imo, whether to go INT highly depends on what the 6 chosen classes are prior to taking inquisitor. For classes that focus on lots of magic attacks while just adding inquisitor as a support R8 class, INT will be a better choice.

Oh, i see.

Thanks for the test.

I guess i’ll take inquisitor even if my build is fully INT.

There is no better class and maybe the wheel and pear increase damage with kagura dance.

You talk about agny affecting the fire effect?

I searched the thread but couldn’t find anything.

I’ve stopped looking at guides for a looooooong time now. Followed a few as a beginner and ended up with trash characters that I either deleted or don’t use anymore.

Decided to use my head a little and create my own build. Now I have a ‘non-meta’ character that I love playing and can perform at a top level.

It’s only a few posts up…

The only ‘scaling’ and I use that world loosely with breaking wheel and chaplain is that you can spread aspergillum damage by auto-attacking the wheel.

The problem with INTquis is that you need skull smasher to be optimal. It is either that or switching from wand to mace for your smash/pears/wheel and then switch back for magic damage.

If only that +2 priest skills mace existed…

1 Like

I got a question for you about Phy Inq. Currently I am making a Con/Dex Inq. I am currently rank 7 with Cleric2>Priest3>Miko>Kab, and my damage is pretty bad. Can I expect a huge DPS boost upon reaching rank 8?

That build is more support than damage, but yes inquis skills will be your main source of damage and a big one at that.

Your only other sources of damage are Heal, Cure, Hamaya and Merk which are all magic damage…

1 Like

Which guide ? I didn’t saw it

Yeah kinda sad with HOLY element lol…

@Lionly

Inquisitor is actually your DPS burst class, you might not no 1 DPS but still do decent and can work with your buffs. If you have a Spell Shop Pardoner, Inqu is actually best class to match if you want to make it multiple silver farms with Saalus and Dungeon 290 (Cleric 1 - Priest 3 - Pardoner 2- Cleric 2 - Inquisitor)

It is the build guide which you asked for the best pvp build? I can’t answer that question as I’m not well versed in PVP as the other pro pvp players.

I’ve tested the flames with agny. No increase :frowning:

Ppl saying it’s holy dmg but I’ve killed a few dark mobs and there was no increase in 50% dmg showing to them, so I wouldn’t be sure about that.