Tree of Savior Forum

[Legacy Guide] [Outdated after Re:BUILD patch] Hackapell & Rogue Class Lounge

Currently not really, still leveling though, approaching 300 now. The only change I did is change my gloves to Red Veris Gloves with give more crit rate. The rest sort of remain.

The gear I use are already crit focused since Rogue1 gives +70% crit chance from the back. Had 4x WW cards.

My current gear is:

+10 Pajoritas Crossbow (2x 5* yellows)
+6 Alcris (2x 4* red)
+6 Harvester (not slotted yet)
+1 Phada x 2

Really not bad to combine Sneak Hit/WW cards with high dex. Really high crits from front and back with both are used. Need to work more on the damage though.

doesnt full dex build overflowing with crit rate naturally?

True, I intended to go full str in the beginning but switched (thanks to level up rewards) to dex. It is still good though, as I don’t really need to dedicate much gear to crit rate should the % required to crit increase.

I also don’t have Archer c2 to boost crit rate by 25%, it is kind of a trade off though, for the 10hit feint barrage.

I’m only full str because of Archer 2/Rogue 3, i just didn’t seen any point to DEX there, you get:
Swift Step. +25% rate
Sneak hit+8xWerewolf = 90% absolute crit rate all along
Evasion= 80% absolute dodge,i only use for enemies with too much knockbacks
Burrow= No aggro,no hits, plus 25% crit chance.
Lv10+Feint makes any enemy with high Evade an easy target.Or get trans Gloves.

As circles go Rogue screams more and more to ditch DEX. The second reason for going STR is the sheer number of weapons you can use, since DEX only gets ridiculous because of trans, high STR makes it less awful.

As long as they buff Evasion it will be totally fine.I’m kinda hyped for the STR revamp they promised,.hope they don’t ruin all the Rogue “cheats” to crit rate when they implement that.

I think again and again whether should I go on Dex or Str.
To be honest, I’m worrying that if I go on Crit Build, my character will unable to deal critical strike at all when he or she is at high level. I mean when tree of savior Maximum LV is above lv 330, lv 400 for an example, does not crit rate drop drastically ?

100%crit formula AGAINST 0 crit resist enemy is max level cap2.38
lv 280
2.38=666 crit rate
lv 3302.38=785 crit rate
lv 400
2.38=952 crit rate

against X crit resist enemy, just add X
i.e
X=100
lv 280 need 666+100
lv 330 need 785+100

2 Likes

I went to dex mainly for the ease of fighting at close range, in which R8 content give me really lots of problems with many mobs pushing me away with their normal attacks. With some form of evasion it makes questing and general pve more fun and engaging.

I actually really wanted to make a Hacka with Rogue2+ but the class just seems too off :confused: . I really think they should transfer the backstab effect from karacha set to a similar pattern as used on other games like:

When you hit a target while facing it: 1x damage on Back stab
When you hit on a targets flank: 1,5x damage on Backstab
When you hit from behind: 3x damage on backstab.

The fact that backstab multiplier relies on the Karacha setup is somehow ridiculous and really sets me off :confused: I really like rogue but running 3 circles of it feels like a waste overall, oh welp

They should add an hidden interaction like feint barrage but with one hackapell’s skill so you can triple hit every overheat (just an idea).

I really hope one of the promised classes overhauls IMC promised has Rogue in it. The class is just underwhelming.

I hope they give Hacka an attribute that simply gives Karacha effect to all swords. DONE

btw lv 1 backstab hits enough with Karacha Set,so if you go more circles of Rogue keep backstab at 1 and lvl your other stuff,way more worth it.

That’s actually bad, it shouldn’t be a Hacka Attribute. It should be an Rogue c2 ( or 3 to encourage rogue 3 builds) and giving the backstab triple damage effect whenever you hit at a targets back.

Moving it to hacka is bad because it filters options for rogue 3 builds, but anyways: DOWN WITH THE KARACHA MONARCHY.

1 Like

Only Hacka can use swords

But yeah,a Rogue C3 attribute for backstab bonus with any weapon works as well.

Backstab already works with 1h swords, being a hacka or not so i’m missing something or my non sleeping nights are getting the best of me lolz.

Yes, backstab works with 1h sword.
Devs added this function due to complaints about rogue-hacka synergy in ktos shortly after r8 release. You will need hacka to actually equip the sword though.

Does backstab scale on off-hand or crossbow?

Backstab scales on off-hand. Best scaling is karacha set

@vfajoses Old post about rogue3 which still holds true. Rogue hasn’t been changed since forever. Unofficial Rogue Nerf Megathread + Class Discussion

1 Like

Yeah lol, the should really rework Rogue asap, like they did with monk and such. A little tweak here and there could make the class really functional and appealing.

1 Like

Excuse me, which armor should I use ?

Plate of Cloth ?

I’d keep a plate top and a cloth top with the other 3 cloth since i can’t use Nuaeles.(full STR Rogue makes Werewolves a must)

I don’t how a most meta Hacka should gear, though.

P.s: Anyone got the def/mdef for high level maps?It’s just have more def than the mob’s listed atk stat?