Tree of Savior Forum

[Legacy Guide] [Outdated after Re:BUILD patch] Hackapell & Rogue Class Lounge

I thought about that too but then when you Grind Cutter with no crit, feelsbadman. Feels like I don’t have enough Crit rate in non -crit defend party so I have switched my Sword’s Yellow Gem to lv7 Green Gem. Will try in similar party.

Also considering A1-Ranger3-Fletcher2-Rogue-Hacka3 when R10 come. Losing 5% -def and 10 hit of Magic Arrow with better crit chance and stronger Barrage probably comparable. I don’t think I can afford Lord Marnox card as I’m playing too many character.

1. Is this an AA build?
  1. Why would you recommend him/her to have masinios xbow for a hacka build??? NO WAIT,
    why would you put a medium high investment on one skill that’s only used as a filler if s/he could use a primus raffyes which are significantly cheaper and can have better stats than masinios? (not to mention, both base damage are equal)
  1. So if I were to choose QS3 > falc3 > mergen2 instead, does that mean I should invest on masinios xbow because it feels like a basic requirement :thinking:

yeah, to me primus have way better stats than masinios.
Investment in main hand is not required, but can help a lot evetually.

Hi everyone.
I would like to share my Hackpell build (again) after 10th balance.

My build is Arch1 > Rang1 > QS1 > Wugu1 > Rogue2 > SR1> Hackapell 2.

• Ranger 1 is a “must” chose to get Critical Shot buff
  • QS1 can Provide some PVP tools.
  • Wugu1 - Enhance the AA damage and provide poison status.
  • Rogue2 -can provide some crit rate, Back stap’s stun is ok in PVP.
    Feint-Barrage combo and Lachrymator are also useful.
  • SR1 can provide basic AA capability and Retreat Shot is a convenient skill.
    We can also use Caracole to escape from strong PVP players in Resource scramble.
  • Hackapell2 is the main damage source in this build.

This is a greedy build that contain may functional low rank careers.
this may not be a damage optimized build, but it have good flexibility.

And here are some game play video for reference.
330 Unique Raid solo
Velcoffer Nest boss round1
Velcoffer Nest boss round2
Sausys Room 10 challenge mode stage 5 solo

1 Like

The new raid sword (item specifications are subject to change), provides
2 AoE atk ratio
248 phys def
325 Strike damage
10% chance for Strike-type attacks to provide a 5s buff which doubles your critical rate.
It is not useful on hackapel because hacka does not have good multi-hit low cooldown strike attacks.

The physical attack is the same on regular primus 380 swords. If you already have a strong sword or drake sword, it is not worth to swap to this sword unless you really need the AoE attack ratio. Edit: unless you are falconer3 hackapel, all falconer skills deal strike damage so it might be worth to get this sword.

Please note: new special options provide up to +3 AoE attack ratio, so a regular sword will be sufficient for AoE too.

After rank 10 patch, builds changed to:

Ranger1 as best filler circle, like the old ‘archer 2 mandatory’ now.
Ranger3 rogue1 falconer3 mergen2 over qs3 version.

Qs3 x falconer3 bullet2/hackapel2, and qs3 musketeer3 are the few qs3 builds left.
Bulletmarker builds moving to Bullet3 drop qs3 because outrage cannot stack with running shot.

Musketeer3 strongest boss (debuffer). Sniper serenity buffed attacks are the strongest armour break debuff.
Falcon3 still best archer support/utility.
(Ranger3 fletcher3) mergen3 performance is great at AoE and boss, but is less vs boss when compared to musketeer3. This build beats musketeer at AoE.

Piper3 for guild territory wars.

Reiter still ok.

Hunter, scout and cannoneer are regarded as very low classes (reason for cannon’s rework as requested by ktos players). Lately sappers are becoming less too. Rogues are used for the sneak hit buff and rogue3 is very rare. Archer2 is slowly disappearing, for ranger1. With the new special options, you easily get +10% critical (max +25% critical, but this is rare).

Hope this answers all ‘what after rank 10 patch’ questions. Finally I will tell you to play any build/class you enjoy.

This previous post shows falconer3 hacka2, and hacka3 <<click

Compare to mergen:
Ranger3 rogue1 falconer3 mergen2 challenge mode <<<<click

Challenge mode Ranger3 fletcher3 mergen3 <<<click

Hunter3 and qs (pavise) builds are safe builds for this spot. Though hunter3 is rare.
Ranger1 hunter3 falconer3 mergen2 challenge mode <<<click

QS3 falconer3 bullet2 challenge mode <<<click

2 Likes

I think BM3 alone have enough rotation on it’s own with outrage so can fit rogue or something if you don’t mind losing Fletcher’s Bodkin arrow.

Hacka probably need other class for good rotation and it doesn’t feels Hacka if you don’t got C3…at least for me.

And Velco Kraujas set is too good to pass up especially for CM camp. But I have so many weapon to get.

I was originally going for a1-Qs3-Rouge2-Appraiser-Hacka2 but I’m not really that confident with these choices.
I can’t seem to justify going qs3 other than mobility and some filler AA and Ranger seems really good right now.

• Falconer is not an option for me since I really want to go Hack3 once r10 drops. (regardless of whatever)
  • Also, I would want to stick to just xbow/sword despite the 50% anti-air bow bonus. (so no SR/bm too)
    That said, is it better for me to:
  1. a1-ranger3-rogue2-appraiser-hack3 ?
  2. a2-ranger3-rogue2-hack3 ?
    (is appraiser now less of an option cuz of ranger? and will A2 provide me with a better consistent crit rate? do I even need to take rogue?)

Would really appreciate any build suggestion/feedback.
Thanks.

0 interest on pvp btw

End gear performance of Qs3 - Rogue2 - Ranger1 - Hacka3: repost video challenge mode <<click . Notice hackapel skills are used for AoE clearing because qs3 and rogue are bad at AoE.

Qs3 is decent sustained filler damage but lacks AoE. Qs also provides pavise to lockdown bosses.
For AoE you may swap qs3 for ranger3. Ranger3 + 3 free ranks + hacka3.
If you are looking for high damage, the highest damage option is fletcher3.
For your choices:
Ranger3 - rogue2 - archer2 is the easiest choice (no appraiser unlock).
Appraiser version: Blindside and devaluate are useful debuffs for party play too. Overestimate does not buff sword levels.

Archer2 vs appraiser for crit:
Archer2’s swift step adds 150 crit rate. Crit chance % = (your crit rate - enemy crit resist)^0.6 , so if you already have high crit rate, 150 crit rate adds less % crit.

Appraiser blind side: if you fail to crit, you get another chance to crit.
The crit chance % = blindsideLevel x 5% (so 25% second chance to crit at blindside lv 5).

Rogue:
Rogue2 backstab will use sword to damage an enemy. Rogue is very bad at AoE. Rogue does not provide strong damage skills but buffs for your other class skills. Rogue is a buff class for sneak hit (vs boss), or feint + ranger’s barrage combo to double barrage hits. You don’t have to take rogue if you do not enjoy this class. Rogue is most effective when you stay behind enemies, which is difficult vs mobs but easy vs boss. If you just need the ranger barrage + feint combo, rogue1 is sufficient.

@redwea yes. BM3 is a stand-alone class similar to musketeer3 now. The most used bm3 build is archer2 ranger3 rogue2 bm3. I have seen a few ranger3 fletcher3 bm3 (skipping outrage) as well but skill rotation must happen even faster than mergen3 version. I think sapper or wugushi bm builds would be fine too. Those two classes include an attribute to use secondary physical attack so they scale on pistol.

Ranger3-Rogue1-Falconer3-Hackapell2 Raid

Is Hackapell 3 so weak that every Hackapell video I see in online (other than skill demonstrations) are all Falconer 3 Hackapell 2 builds, or is Falconer 3 that strong?

1 Like

Hackapel3 is not weak, just the best skill grind cutter is already unlocked at hacka2.
Falconer3 utility just too good after Aiming buff (cannot be destroyed anymore). Infinite assault after buff is still too weak, and the bonus crit damage attribute is already covered by ranger’s critical shot buff on falconer3 hacka2 build.

Ranger3 Fletcher3 Hackapel3 is decent but players prefer mergen3 version for this build.

2 Likes

Warlock2 shadowmancer2 or druid3 exorcist2 are in the same boat.
For the brave hackapell that will go c3 route, they may wait 6 months 1 year before they get buffed or updated to be in the same tiers of “meta”.

1 Like

Which would be the better build to complement Ranger3 > ??? > Falconer3 > Hackapell2, Rogue1 or Appraiser1?

Rogue1 sounds nice for Feint + Barrage but attacks need to be back hits and I heard Calvary Charge no longer makes monsters turn around. Appraiser Blindside sounds great but not sure if it’s worth losing Feint + Barrage.

A pity this is how Hackapell 3 has ended up, being outclassed by a rank 2 and rank 6 class.

@4lkruzeth it’s not that hacka 3 is bad, it’s just that it’s not a big enough boost over c2 to warrant not being falc 3. falc’s aiming skill just meshes so perfectly with hacka c2 that it’s hard to pass up. honestly i like that IMC aren’t making all r10 classes (r8 class at c3) so overpowered that you have no option but to take the full 3 circles for it. hacka 3 is still a serious option with archer1>ranger3>fletcher3>hacka3, it’s just that the meta for that would be mergen instead of hacka. no matter what, mmo’s always have meta builds because it’s impossible to balance every class to do the exact same damage output. and if every class did do the exact same damage output, then things would feel very bland.

Rogue1 is most worth during bossing. Attacking the boss from behind is easy for hackapel. Hackapel is able to dash and reposition fast behind the boss. Feint & barrage on aiming-debuffed target is strong.
Appraiser’s debuffs are more worth for party play with physical characters. Blindside (& devaluate) are easier to use, compared to sneak hit’s requirement of rear-attacks.
Pick one to suit your playstyle, rogue for combo and buff (for boss) or appraiser for a bit more utility debuffer. You will be able to try both if itos receives rank reset event for rank 10 too.

Also falconer has already received their new attribute. It should stack with blindside’s effect. Either rogue1 or appraiser, with hackapel’s cavalry charge debuff and falconer’s attributes you will have many crit sources for the falconer3 hackapel build.

1 Like

Nice, didn’t know that falconer’s new attribute also stacked with Blindside’s separate crit roll. Has anyone on kToS tested which of the two tends to crit more?

Leaning towards Appraiser 1 so I don’t need to do back attacks since its quite unreasonable to expect doing back attacks reliably in a group of mobs.

Falconer is way too strong compared to other classes now, i wonder what the devs smoked this time

1 Like

Hey grey

do you know if you get a 3rd chance with new falconer C3 attribute crit attribute?

Is it like:
your crit chance
appraiser crit chance
falconer crit chance?

or more like
your crit chance
appraiser + falconer crit chance?

or more like
your crit chance
appraiser or falconer crit chance (which ever is higher replaces the old one)?

EDIT: ok nvm I read your thoughts about it

@4lkruzeth @Cless_Alvein Think it’s

1.Your crit chance (+rogue sneakhit if applicable, +cavalry charge debuff, …)
If fail crit, another chance for crit:
2.(Legendary Marnox card + blindside + falconer’s attribute for falcon skills)

Will have to look for a test video or more info.

Falcon is very valuable for raid. To quickly clear the statue room.

Also tom is covering the new archer skills on his channel, for example
Bulletmarker3 click here<<
Piper3 <<<
Mergen3 <<<.
Will update first post with these links too.
Of course they were already covered by others, and available on the rank 10 class forum thread. If you enjoy the video format it might be worth to watch.

1 Like