Tree of Savior Forum

Clarification on the Plague Doctor's Black Death Steam Skill

Lol, why? They also didn’t send any skill reset to the Bokors who were sitting on their mainly useless high-leveled Zombify.

If you look at the current events, you will be getting 2 skill reset potions from both the “Kivotos’ Compass” event (15th day reward, so 5 more days if you participated daily) and the “Guess to Impress” event (20th day reward, so 17 more days here), so I doubt that people will recieve any kind of compensation as the could’ve just skilled Pandemic.

I like compensations.

Why I play tos:

• Farm silver (end game content)
  • Buy hats (end game content)
  • Report bots (hobby)
  • Get random compensation (why not)
5 Likes

Edited whole statement:

While I don’t play PD2 myself, I don’t think this actually can be classified to “kill” PD2 unlike krivis’s zaibas.
I mean, they have pandemic already.
Or unless I mistook something, please correct me. cause BDS in contact is just way too powerful.
Remember pre combat patch? I think that they claim PD2 is the best AoE class described due to that mechanic?

Are you not aware how much more SP pandemic uses as well as major dps nerf after the combat patch ? It’s already weak ass for bossing and now total crap for aoe. I want my rank reset and switch out of this useless class.

1 Like

Is not that powerful as long as antidote has 0s cooldown. This is indeed killing the pd purpose in pvp. From the true Plague Doctor into crappy Plague Doctor when the bds got flagged as ‘working as intended’.

Sure, pve good, pandemic still compensate. How’s in pvp? Sure cuck-ed

1 Like

ye clarification is nice and dandy but…how did nobody kno that there was a bugfix in the first place…wtf :heeey:

dont you guys talk to each other?..its so weird

1 Like

PD is op. It’s just that PD is not a PvE chracter. Glad there will be less nobrain casuals playing my class. Couldn’t care less about this nerf won’t affect PvP that much anyway. Its not BDS that’s relevant in PvP.

1 Like

PvP-wise BDS was never a major PD skill since several classes have a party-protection for debuffs or easy cures. Pretty much same for Incineration. They’re good extras if you can use them, but not your main PvP skills nor the main reason why you got PD for PvP.

1 Like

This is hilarious. BDS was not working as intented, but dozens of necros farming afk every good spot is intented.

8 Likes

Ok while we’re on that, could you clarify the useage of the Incineration attribute as well then? The one supposed to spread the flames after death.

I mean it’s rather expensive for simply doing nothing.

4 Likes

Like in real world too, people just cry if they feel something taken away from them, regardless if this is sensible or not. I love to play my “Rainbow Doc”, still a very powerful class for AoE-Damage. Pandemic got more important, which is reasonable considering BDS spread itself over the entire screen before. But I understand that people who didn’t invest in Pandemic before should get the opportunity to do so via skill reset.

Hmm… Is it really true that they can’t fix and now claim it’s working as intended? Whichever the case, I am still thinking

Do read that “I don’t play PD thing”. This is just speculation

How much it burns your mana? is using pot/squire buffs not a solution?
BDS are pretty simple mechanic. You just spray it and when it does, you are guarantee to deal x damage per second contrary when you are rely active skill but get knockdown before you did it or even trying to.

If we are looking at PvP, then 0 cooldown on antidote but cannot use dispeller/ miko charm is already weird enough.

–No, I don’t put oil to fire here–
In before,we have RIP elememe con build, cyclone + auto attack feature

In my opinion it kills the purpose of this skill, this skill it’s basically a Plague (this skill is also named Plague Vapors too besides Black Death Steam), which theorically speaking at the minimum contact with someone infected that other person should get infected too (like a dangerous desease would in real life), right now it doesn’t even spread at all, 2 mobs one being infected and the other isn’t could be standing on top of each other and the other one won’t even get infected, it’s just ridiculous and kills the purpose of the skill: spreading a goddamn desease/plague.

3 Likes

Just wait for the details which no one confirmed till now.
Hungry Velnia Monkey Card +[★]% additional damage to enemies inflicted with Poisoned status

And this doesn’t work with black death steam.

:smirk:

Won’t work with wugu either :prince:

Naa it works with wugu for sure.
Neet has a list of debuffs which are considered “poisoned status effect”.
BDS is not among those and surprisingly “arrest” is.
Confirmed by testing even now in iToS “Arrest can be cured by antidote”.

Although BDS also can be cured with antidote but its still not under that list

You know the meaning of Pandemic? A pandemy is an epidemic of unusually large proportions, affecting most of the inhabitants of a certain area at the same time. So spreading the disease is clearly the intention of Pandemic, and Black Death Steam is just a disease itself. Be happy that BDS spreads at all, “no spreading” could also be reasonable.

https://tos.neet.tv/misc/buffs?type=Debuff&subtype=Poison&f=1

NO BDS because BDS was Magic type

:distinguished:

That’s what mean tbh. That card works only on “physical poisoned”. Anyways. its all speculation on my part and IMC is known to smash apart all the speculations.

Someone in kToS needs to confirm this thing.

People like you are ruining this game.