Tree of Savior Forum

Clarification on the Plague Doctor's Black Death Steam Skill

Nah it’s people like you at imc ignoring feedback ruining the game.

4 Likes

wonder if they want to give pandemic overheat and reduce the sp usage lil bit :thinking:

3 Likes

The Plague doesn’t really spread on its own,though (only the plague that infects the respiratory system is highly infectious); rather, it is spread by fleas, which are the common host for the plague bacteria(Yersina pestis). And since the PD isn’t hosting a flea circus that’s let loose on the enemies but spreading a dense fog-like serum hosting the bacteria (steam is plain wrong since the steam would kill off most of the bacteria with its high temperature above 100 degrees Celsius) that infects the monsters by entering through eyes,ears,mouth and nose.

There’s also incubation time and natural resistance against the infection to be taken into account if we talk about plague on a realistic level.
Who can say if the monster besides the infected aren’t also infected but either have a longer incubation time or a higher resistance? Did you stand besides a seemingly infected monster for several hours or days to make sure it wasn’t infected? /gg

1 Like

Hopefully we get more than just a little bit of an sp reduction. Pandemic costs so much with attribute :sad:

Cooldown reduction would be nice too.

3 Likes

+200% sp cost from pandemic attribute :sad:

3 Likes

Weather the skill is working as intended or not should be irrelevant, what is important is people clearly liked the way it was working.
This is one of those moves that arrogant developers make because they think they know best,in their mind it is justified to make it work the way they originally intended but at the cost of destroying something fun that the players loved.
Is it worth the cost? well look at the player numbers to answer that.

3 Likes

Omg, who the hell give a damn about skills’ SP cost in this game? Have you EVER had problems with SP AT ALL in this game? With nine millions kinds of SP-pots. It’s like we are playing different games, really.

1 Like

yeas, because i am cheapskate and use probably only 2 different potion. pfftt
:thinking:

3 Likes

Well, I rest myt case

@nfprivaron then make a cannoneer c2 nd then feel the what is lack of sp pots.

4 Likes

I have all possible characters in the game and don’t feel SP problems with any of them, including Cannoneer C2. Yet I don’t know how CnnrC2 is relevant to Pandemic SP cost whine.

Can say the same with hackapelle, but hacka is very fun and it makes me forget the costly sp consumption.

not enough SP
not enough SP
not enough SP

Hackpell on its own never hurt my SP. Its my other circles (ranger and fletcher) which eats up sp more than hackapell.
Also if you mean rogue3 hacka then rogue is one to blame.

Cannon on its own eats up all your sp.

I kinda agree with the change, Infinite spread with BDS was really powerful, but they could give a skill reset potion so people can put points in Pandemic.

And speaking of Pandemic…

Clerics have more SP than the other classes anyway and better SP gain with SPR, and because Maces and other Clerics gear usually have SPR on them, people will usually have a really big SP pool. And Pandemic with attribute will cost 750 SP at lvl 10 but most of the builds put it at lvl 3, so 450 SP, both affordable with Cleric big SP pool and Pandemic cooldown.

2 Likes

more like a rank reset so people can drop the class.

1 Like

Just delete the class entirely and any chars together with it who were PD2. No need for compensation and refunds.

2 Likes

I don’t get the complaints. A lot of classes burn SP as fast if not faster as that BDS + Pandemic + Incineration combo.
Yeah, it’s pretty fast, but it’s not as catastrophic or “impossible” as you make it sound like. Not at all. You don’t even need to carry several kinds of SP pots to survive.
Feels like a total “first world country” issue on this part.
Heck, some classes like Fencers burn their SP in basically a blink, they simply accept it and carry pots.
Then again if you’re too cheap, you can put in some SPR as well… Totally viable for most cleric builds.

3 Likes

well it’s true. pandemic sp burn not in the same tier as cannoneer or rog3 and cleric has bigger sp pool as well.

i said to reduce the sp cost just because i asked before if they willing give pandemic overheat (2x lv 10 pandemic). kek

nah it wasn’t a complaints, just a lil whisful thinking. :smile:

1 Like

Why? BDS + Pandemic is still top tier of AoE in the game and the combo is from the same class, the only one that is better is Falconer but they need heavy silver and earlier Ranks investment for that.

Right?? Cannoneers and Fencers have way more problem with SP. Even Bokors because the vodoo skill take a lot of SP every 4 seconds if you spam.

To be fair I think that a OH in Pandemic is not that useful, BDS have 15 seconds duration and Pandemic 25 seconds cooldown, so you kinda have only 10 seconds of downtime, and most of the time a single Pandemic combo is enough to clean the room and the 10 seconds downtime is the time to go to the next group.

1 Like

Move on guys. IMC doesn’t care anymore, just go grab and use your dual credit card and regret everything later with this game VERY WELL managed by this company. :joy:

2 Likes