Tree of Savior Forum

Circle reset NEEDED for game to survive!

If people are asking for it, they need it. If you think you personally don’t need it, OK. Come back when you do, the time will come eventually. Meanwhile, don’t tell people what they need or don’t need, speak for yourself.

2 Likes

You need to learn the difference between “need” and “want”.

Go ahead and replace every “need” with “want” in my reply, does not affect my argument in the slightest.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

But what if I’m not a basement-dweller? What if I actually work for a living, have money to spare, and want to use my main character while experimenting with an alternate build that I’ve been researching but don’t have the time to train up from level 1?

Keyword: experimentation. Many working gamers don’t have time, but they do have money. If they want to experiment, give them the option to reset their circles and play around with builds - for a price. They can research the experimental builds in advance, but that research will be for naught if they don’t have the time to play around with new builds.

P.S.
Just curious, @Chakri_Griffindor. What do you do for a living? I find it hard to believe that someone who is exhausted after working 9-5 hours a day does not understand the money-for-convenience angle when it comes to gaming.

I didn’t mention anything about stopping people from having a hobby. I was talking about the people who have more money than time, and are willing to spend money to make sure those 1-2 hours are as fun as possible.

And some people find a lot of fun in trying out different builds but are not willing to spend the time grinding. I’ve made four characters already, and I hate starting out because the first three circles is practically doing the same thing over and over again. Things start to get varied at the fourth circle, with the fifth circle onward seeing the full impact of an experimental build. It takes weeks of grinding at 1-2 hours a day just to get to the fifth circle - much less the sixth and seventh - and it can get very boring to do that over and over again just to try out a new build.

If you have more time than money, then you can just grind out a new experimental build. If you have more money than time though, a circle reset for 99TP lets you skip the grind and experiment with new builds. You get to save time experimenting with new builds, IMC gets your money, everyone wins.

1 Like

You can’t plan a build when skills lack information, and you can’t trust 90% of the builds out there because they are old or untested. People who start the game just want to enjoy discovering the game by themselves instead of following a walkthrough.

For now there are more things to worry about, like the servers and class balances. After everything is working fine, a circle reset would be a good addition to the game and would not have any negative impact.

5 Likes

what problems, exactly?

Forget circle resets, embrace rank skips and or something like rebirths after hitting cap(s)+ other requirements.

Reset is a basic convenience feature that should have been in the game from day one, with no real money cost attached. Paying for it is like paying for the ability to change game’s resolution, or paying for the server to not drop 50% of your packets.

1 Like

@haukinyau

1. money problem - those with money can use circle resets, those with time can grind away. both options are viable for enjoying the game.
  2. abuse - this can be mitigated by using a “reset-cooldown” where you can’t circle-reset a character for a certain amount of time. 7 days is a fair enough time.
  3. pay-to-win - see the aforementioned “reset-cooldown” solution to this problem.
  4. ghost-maps - this is a fundamental problem with Tree of Savior’s game design. once you hit a certain level, there is no reason to go back to low-level maps. i’m grinding out my new alts and i barely meet anyone in the field maps. the only time i party with others is in the instanced dungeons, and even then there are some high-level dudes hunting for cards or talts.
  5. silver sell - IMC already has a system like that. buy tokens, sell them for silver.
  6. exp card sell - Blizzard does that with World of Warcraft. You pay cash, and you reach max-level - allowing you to enjoy end-game content with other high-level players if you are willing to pay right now

@kosyrin honestly, i’m surprised that IMC took out resets in iTOS. i wish that IMC could restore the reset options of kTOS, but the next best thing is to have paid resets. we get our resets, IMC gets their cash. sucks for us, but at least this option could be more acceptable to IMC from a profit-based view

1 Like

NO TO P2W! :smiling_imp:

Not necessarily. I’m, for one, not going to pay to encourage paywalling basic features. I want things like Dungeon Keeper Mobile to stop from happening. Sad to see potentially great games ruined by mindless money-grabbing bullshit (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-25-will-ea-learn-from-the-terrible-dungeon-keeper-mobile-game).