Tree of Savior Forum

Circle reset NEEDED for game to survive!

just stick with ur choices you picked that class and you complain it got nerfed sooo what the point is tooo have fun even if they nerfed your class just enjoy the game stop whining

1 Like

this is not a moba classes are used for different things.

TOS core is leveling and grinding.
job Resets would be suicide for the game
turn this game into another WoW clone or generic MMORPG
old players would not return to the low level maps
destroys the class system where there were 4 class in the game
which it was the reason for the failure of RO2

Hoes does this statement

Mean

?

And why do you believe thats what we think?

The problem with this game is the players/lack of balance in release tbh

“Omg, he has no peltast in his build, don’t invite him, he’s useless.”

Later patches

“Omg, mages are so WEAK, forget about them, just invite some swordies/archers”

Right now, the swordies(without peltast) are being ignored by the community in party play. Who’s going to be the next one?

At least, we should get a BIG exp bonus for lvling an ALT(not that 5% team bonus shit), when we have another character high level. Or allow us to circle reset.

Just think of this, you do your cookie cutter build, Wiz 3, Ele 3, Warlock, then they nerf quickcast to oblivion and make it useless. What will you do? Lvl another character to 280? 360? 500? Or be forever excluded by the community, cause your build is “■■■■”.

Not everyone has time and willingness to keep lvlin alts, keep that in mind.

2 Likes

The fact that it is not possible to change classes is a fact I really love about this game. It makes people more considerate when they choose their classes, so I really hope they will never implement an option to do so. it is kind of like in RL, you choose a job and without going through a new training you can’t just switch jobs. So if u choose your job because it is wellpayed at this time you can get screwed over when the market changes.

So all those who just picked their class because it is op, they kinda deserve to get screwed later on, it is early access so it is natural that the game still changes.
I chose my classes because they are fun to play for me, even if they change them, I still would like to play them.

The only time it should be possible to change classes is when skills are moved between circles, changed in a mayor way (like synergies between classes) or completly removed.

2 Likes

In RO blacksmith and alchemist were useless for party grinding or hunting of boss, but very good for WOE or comerce , if you wanna having a blacksmit level 99 you had to ask your friends to help you because otherwise it was impossible, TOS is such games

1 Like

Like in RL? Well, in real life, you can change your job, your life style, you can change everything, that’s thousands of people who change their jobs, because it’s not getting paid enough. So i don’t think it is a good comparison.

Like i said, we should be able to change the circles, but not without a “training”, and you should level your class all again, just like you do in RL, when you change your job and needs to learn about your new job.

We are entitled to be able to change a class, because of a bad experience. For example, you arrived at rank 7, but you hated plague doctor. So are you just going to reroll? Good luck with that.

This isn’t only about OP classes getting screwed later on. And as i said before, there should be restrictions, so you shouldnt be able to change circles more than X times.

1 Like

Yep, but they were still very good for WOE or commerce. What about swordsman without peltast? They are useless in both PVE and PVP. :confused: sad but true.

1 Like

Lol you should read a post before u answer^^ I just wrote that it is not possible to change a job in RL without another training. If a player looses all his class xps after redoing a circle it is fine with me, but way to go with a 280 char without an appropriate class lvl.

Yeah, actually i would reroll, I don’t care about it, had to do the same thing while playind D2. That is one of those things I love most about old school games, you take a wrong turn you can try to fix it or start over. You don’t get a lollypop and a pet on the head everytime something goes wrong for you. You have to consider your choices bacause they are final.

in truth it is useless or is it just because others say ?, if you have fun with your class you chose no problem, if not start again
the core of a MMORPG is leveling up if you do not like leveling up, then why you play a MMORPG ? because I do not want TOS become a MOBA

1 Like

it is funny people using real life as comparison for a game that should aim to be fun. Anyway, it is a good ideia to have some kind of circle reset, as some of you already exposed, the way it is now it will decrease player pop when they find a build they are making is not worth their time. it should be at least easier than leveling up from scratch.

Some friend already quitted for this reason.

2 Likes

not really… if i have high level swordsman… i dont mind to level another cleric or wizard for fun… but i have problem watching 3 swordsman, 2 wizard 4 cleric in team lodge… lol imagine that.

/
Well, i think my reading is fine. And i agree with your point about the training. I don’t want things to be EASY, just to be fair.

Well, i don’t agree with this. This game is FAR from being finished. Just look at all the posts about the classes balance. IF this game was already fullly released, and only being polished, your point would be VALID.

I don’t care about leveling alts, believe me. I already have 1 archer 200+, 2 swordsman 100+ and 1 wizard 100+.

This game is aimed at 500+ levels. If I make a mistake at rank 9, for example. should I just reroll? There are plenty of classes with bad descriptions that leads people to mistakes. This game won’t survive long, if it forces people to reroll on a game full of grindfest until lvl 500+.

1 Like

Nowadays, it’s the truth. Take a look at this post.

This game’s endgame is focused on party play, if you are excluded from it, how can you have fun? Not everyone has plenty of friends to play with…

I always enjoyed leveling, but not like this.

3 Likes

Lol What the shiiiiet?

This is SO hillarious.

Welcome to REAL MMORPGS kid! xD

There are videos on youtube of corsair DPS being OP

That’s level 170-180 Hex attacks. That’s still garbage past level 200+ mobs, especially 210-220 and beyond.

Because this statement means " I made an awesome build that i want just for myself, so I can be awesome alone", which means that you think that build is going to be good forever, or at least for a good amount of time enough for you be be some kind of badass.

Of course, I can’t say the same for everyone, but as the guy replied, he really made a good build, and is being very sucessful in the game, also he said that he’s ok with making another character, but that’s his case,so yeah he’s an exception to my sentence, but a MMO is supposed to be fun for a lot of people not a small group,that is the same case with the PK system or HARDCORE mode that a lot of people disagree.

Most people don’t want to replay the game, or don’t want to pay for a game, and wait 2/3 weeks to start playing because they need to careful craft a build first, and sometimes make a mistake anyway, even more for a game that has a lot of bots with less than one month released.

Even though I’m one of those that agree with reset, i see your point and I like the build crafting in the game too.

But the thing is, corsair and dragoon do the same thing (dps swordman) then I decide for hoplite>dragoon, then i get to dragoon and discover it’s utterly garbage,for you that like the class, it’s okay, but for someone that just wanted an dps swordman, they just wasted tons of time. What should they have done? waited for months till someone make a video review of the classes so he finally decides what’s better? Tree of savior website gives zero info about classes, tosbase give some info, but not even close of being enough for making a real good choice.

yeah, but ragnarok would give tons of info about skills, and classes, tos info isn’t as useful,
second ragnarok was done 15 years ago, when the MMORPG scenario was very diferent,
third it was a very wide open game, with different routes for classes, a fire wizard would level up near prontera/al de baran, an ice wizard around morroc, and a thunder wizard in byalan, and thats for a single class, with the same goal of being the same 2 class, if it wanted to be an sage, then it would have another strategy.