Tree of Savior Forum

Circle reset NEEDED for game to survive!

If this circle reset given to players, all players will be simply easy to leveling by playing DPS skill and job. That will be harsh and unfair for those that playing supporting and tanking from the beginning which hard to leveling.

Please consider the PROS and CONS ~
I don’t think its balance. When u get circle reset, that means u will be getting
skill reset as well. But if u change your circle, u need to change your stat as well? OMG how? IMC going to sell u a all reset POT for 500TP?

Need a private server high rate tos . in one hour level max and you can testing every class

How would a support build switch to a DPS build when you can’t even be able to reset your stats in the future?

Also when you can only reset 1 circle at a time with a 1 month delay for the next circle reset, you can prevent people from completely switching from one circle build to another in an instant - of course if they’re patient and have a lot of money, then they’ll be supporting IMC by spending so much just for a full circle build reset instead of simply making another character with a completely different build from their original.

At the same time, they will have to wait, let’s say, 5~6 months to reset all 6 circles. Within a month you can get a character from rank 1 to rank 5/6 just by playing the game regularly, and that long wait can dissuade people from switching their complete build to the next. Instead these single circular resets with high cooldowns should only help people who wish to fix small mistakes in their build, and these small mistakes can usually break or make a whole build.

You guys argue the same thing about being “unfair” but with a properly implemented circle reset system, you could avoid abuse like this to happen.

1 Like

About ALL your previous posts, where you keep making claims such as:
‘‘You guys are all subjective, my points are objective and reasonable’’…

yes, a lot of the anti-circle points are subject, but JUST as subjective as yours. There is no ‘‘objective’’ proper reasoning for one or the other; because in the end, as is clearly shown throughout this entire discussion, it is ‘‘I prefer this’’ vs ‘‘I prefer that’’. There’s not a single person here that is not claiming that for various reasons some form of circle reset would be nice, but they are still against it BECAUSE THEY LIKE the fact you have to THINK before you ACT in this game in the current format. They LIKE the fact that if you feel your support build isn’t fun anymore, you have to restart for a new character. The fact that you DONT like that, and FEEL that it’s unfair, is just as reasonable, but just as SUBJECTIVE as everything else.

The only form of circle reset I would get behind (don’t get me wrong, I still prefer no reset at all) would have the following limitations:

1. You get a maximum amount of re-rolls available per character. Maybe 3 circles per character. This will allow you to make minor changing and fine-tune your build depending on balance changes, but doesn’t allow you to make abusive build-changes to get through leveling parts easy or whatever.

2. It should not be as easy as ‘‘Buy an item, get new skill reset’’. Rather, the item should active a quest of sorts, where depending on the level of circle you want to reroll, you get a quest to kill certain monsters or collect certain items. Make people work for it.

3. The reset circle should start at class 1 again; and must be retrained to 15 to get the points. The amount of experience required for this re-training depends on your current highest circle unlocked. (if you are rank 6, and re-roll a rank 3 circle; you require rank 6 exp to get it to full exp again; just so a lvl 250 cannot max train a circle 3 instantly)

4. Circle reset should only be available during class changes, or when you are max circle, max class. (or more easily: you can only re-roll if your final circle is at class 15.

5. Certain classes (crafting classes, templar for guild, etc) should not be available options when re-rolling for I think obvious reasons.

If that, combined with a fair, and accesible TP price, gets implemented, I think we would reach a pretty good middle ground. You CAN reset your build; not your complete build but enough to re-optimize or slightly alter your build; yet you cannot full reroll characters on a whim, etc.

(Alternatively, you could get +1 additional max re-roll point whenever a big patch including new ranks comes out)

1 Like

Something like this seems like a fair compromise to me.

So long as:

1. The cooldown would be per lodge, not character. The reason for this being a player with five characters could reset five different circles seperately per month.
    In three months time, all five of their characters could replace an entire circle3 for something else. I feel that for a lot of us this would undermine a compromise like this in the first place. The money spent is irrelevant.

2. Attributes for the class being reset should be deleted. Resetting a class should not carry any additional perks. Saving attributes falls under this category.

3. No crafting classes can be taken retroactively. This is to prevent undermining the extra effort required to roll these classes. This applies to alchemist, pardoner, squire. You can change from crafting classes to other classes, but not vise-versa.

4. Templar can not be taken retroactively. This is to avoid easy guild creation shenanigans. You can change from templar to other classes, but you lose guild priviliges and cannot change back.

5. Circle resets could be offered after balances and patches, but players will NOT have their cooldown reset. There should be a natural consequence of having already used a reset within that time frame.

4 Likes

I like this one. If they do put some kind of circle reset in, id be ok with this. Just make it not available to respec into crafter classes.

You mentioned everything subjective on those against circle resets.

Of course, I can’t deny I have some subjective inputs about circle resets. I like it that I can change a circle that I don’t like. I like that I can experiment with my build if I wanted to. I like that I wouldn’t have to throw away a character I invested hundreds of hours of time in.

However, there are objective points that I make. Circle reset is a source of profit for the company; it will help support the developers. Circle reset helps promote unique class building and experimentation, something that would be beneficial to help expand the game further, especially in the case of the development of future classes. Controlled circle resets benefit people who need them while admonishing people who wish to abuse them for their own benefit.

But I won’t downplay some people who have reasonable disagreements on circle resets. Some people have legitimate concerns and do actually make a point, and I’m happy some people know the possible ill circumstances that can occur with trigger happy circle resets. Bandwagoning and complete, instant resets are something to avoid. However most of the people who have reasonable points as to why a circle reset shouldn’t exist mostly muddle their posts with their own preferences that they fail to make those legitimate concerns stand out against the other pointless concerns.

Being objective is about being unbiased. Bias is someone telling others that circle resets should not be implemented just because he/she doesn’t like it or that “so and so” game doesn’t have it. Unbiased is someone telling people that circle resets should not be allowed because it warrants abuse and may make the game unhealthy.

Those with legitimate concerns make a good point, that’s why a bunch of us proposed a controlled or restrictive circle reset. Something where people can meet at the middle. That’s my 2 cents on the matter, so I think it’s better we all think of a middle solution instead of going on an all out flame war. Yes, I apologize for being rude and inflammatory in my recent posts to those who want a proper discussion. No apologies for everyone else I might have argued with immaturely.

3 Likes

This feel this is more reasonable than joepjanson’s suggestions. It’s lighter for casual players and doesn’t give a whole lot of work for the developers to implement.

1 Like

it happened to me, but i just rerolled lol and i’m enjoyning more the “new” clas than the last one

Circle reset +1!!!
Lol well those who think unfair jus somehow unreasonable…

look man, if you’re in favor of resetting circles then by all means go play Archeage… only there you can switch builds at any given time

I’m in favor of resetting circles that doesn’t warrant abuse; it’s so easily done it takes half a brain to think up of concepts and restrictions that don’t let people completely switch from one build to another at all or in an instant.

If you’re not in favor of circle resets at all even with heavy restrictions accommodated with it that could prevent abuse, how about you go back to old Ragnarok online or whatever old, outdated game you want to reference that doesn’t have a form of reset?

Even Blade & Soul has a free unlimited reset and you don’t see anyone there complaining about it, and the game is fairly successful despite a few setbacks.

2 Likes

I really think a circle reset would be very good add to the game.
Like Skill resets, we should have Stat and Circle reset able to buy in the TP shop, this is good for IMC and for Players, its a hell of pain to make a char from zero, level up from 0 to 280 and later from 0 to 600.
The game got alot, alot, of classes and more is comming, maybe you like a class that dont match all your previous choice, or you are new to game and you are not like me who watch alot of videos to learn about the classes, and making a choice that screwup your build and making players in need to create and level up a new char, also make players quit.
The game need to be hard, but need to be fun, and i really dont see a problem with circle/skill/stat reset.
Let the players play the build they want when they want, let players PAY REAL CASH FOR IT! Players will pay, and IMC will make alot of money from a simple thing that dont make a great impact in game, or at least make a good impact. - My opnion.

3 Likes

Yea… If I have to play new char for new build. I rather quit the game. I would only consider play new char for new job, ie: swordsman to wizard or others. Those don’t see circle reset is necessary. Go Bec play ragnarok online. Go Bec to Stone Age game. TOS is too modern for u.

1 Like

Funny you mention that. In stone age MMOs you could almost always powerlevel your char up to max level with the help of friends/guild.

Who the ■■■■ has 300 hours to spend doing the same trash quest line gameplay just to reroll to a useful class. 99% wont do that.

1 Like

maybe instead of an entire character reset, there should be a partial curcle reset like changing one circle out of the 6 to a different one. that way doesnt seem out of control, and im sure people dont need an entire circle reset, just a few. For the test, it could be kill something in x amout of times, kill the class boss that ur trying to get or material base.

please no, circle reset destroy the good in this game and scare away all the old fans of RO,
which are the most in this game,TOS will convert another generic MMO, and will have the same fate as RO2

1 Like

No, I am fully in support of full circle reset for free. Everyone should be absolved of their responsibility to pick classes properly, everyone should be able to switch freely or to the new OP/FOTM build as they like. It’s 2016. In fact, we shouldn’t just have circle reset, we should have class and stat reset for free too. Hate playing as a swordsman after 280 levels or your circle got/are getting nerfed? Found the archer you partied with a while ago out-dpsing you or got pwn in pvp by a cleric/mage? No worries! No need to learn your class. Just get a free potion and it will all be reset, pick a new class tree, pick new stats, pick new skills and you can now pew pew and be wonderful. Great idea isn’t it?

1 Like

Please no reset Circle! =(

2 Likes

Someone proposed an interesting idea on this in the discussion forum…

Yes you can buy a circle reset however when you use it you get downleveled to whatever circle you’re resetting and have to grind your way back up with that new class after a set of extremely difficult quests.