Tree of Savior Forum

IMC, let us repick jobs with TP

Then those who wish to do so should realize that the flow of power means those highest on the chart are very subject to change. Sadhu was obscenely strong, it got nerfed after iCBT2. Same with Barb’s damage ratios. Plague Doctor had an extremely strong kit, so of course it was going to get nerfed at some point. It promotes the rest of the classes have less strain and more variety instead of PD being this omnipotent PvP class.

Not that I’m dogging on OP specifically, but since I’ve played MOBAs I get the flow and rage that comes after a rework or a nerfing after something becomes too popular or hard in theory to balance out effectively.

But yeah. Maybe as an event reward or perhaps a redeemable coupon from somewhere (Not too sure TP without time limit added onto it)

1 Like

Not another one of these. If they end up putting circle resets in for just straight TP im going to be upset.

3 Likes

This needs to be a thing. Too many people are pissed honestly. Have a look at the subforums and tosbase. Plenty of other MMOs do this, and make a killing off of it too.

3 Likes

simply a big no :fork_and_knife:

1 Like

Yeah, and lots of MMOs let you buy massive amounts of power with money as well. Let’s not just do what other MMOs do.

I’m all against circle resets, and honestly, if I had known what I do now when I made my character, I would have chosen different classes. I made my choice though and I think it is stupid if people are just going to switch to whatever is OP for late-game.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. This has already been discussed alot in another thread, we really didnt need another one.

The only suggestion I will support is this one

2 Likes

There are a lot of people that are not pleased with how unforgiving the class system can be so some form of resetting should be done. I think the idea of limiting people of resetting one or two circles per month may be a good idea but have it done for silver for the first couple of times so it’s not limited to paying players.

Easy.

Spend TP to replace a circle.

It starts at lv1 again.

Unless you level it back to 15, you can’t choose another one.

There, now if you want C3 in a tanky class, you have to gain 45 levels without your highest DPS skills.

If a class becomes trash in a patch, you don’t waste 300+ levels remaking your character from scratch. If you make a terrible mistake, you’re not stuck with it forever. If you just want to try something slightly different to test out a certain combo, you can do it as many times as you want. Yet if someone else finds out the sick new build, you can’t immediately copy it without an appropriate amount of effort, possibly taking just as long or even longer than making a new character if they scale the required EXP to your highest rank.

2 Likes

And there are a lot that ARE pleased that no resetting could be done. I would argue far more are in favor of no resets in fact.

2 Likes

I’m not saying P2W, I agree there should be a certain amount of effort needed after reset, and even a limitation to how many times perhaps. I seen it done on Wakfu, and it doesn’t do anything except make the players happy and keep the company in business. Mechanics are different, but you’ll be farming most of your equipment which is time consuming as hell in that MMO. That’s about 90% of the MMO actually.

If your too lazy to lvl up a alt i suggest you too stop playing this game or at least dont take it srs because the way is the goal in this mmorpg and if you think that it would take too much effort to lvl up a new character well than im sry.

Then start complaining when IMC starts selling actual P2W stuff from the TP shop like anvils that don’t reduce equipment potential when it fails upgrading.

I can say the same, let’s not do what old, outdated MMO’s do, and instead welcome some features that they have but give it a slightly different direction that is reasonable and could make everyone satisfied.

Also if you haven’t been to ToS late game yet, you’re in for a wild ride for Earth Tower if you didn’t build your character to fit criteria into being able to clear it. A bunch of classes and builds are gated from being successful on it.

Does wakfu have a class system like this though? Actually, name any game with a similar class system with resets.

I said different mechanics. I still don’t see the problem.

Yeah, let’s not do what MMOs that people played 10+ years did. Let’s do what MMOs nowadays do, where people hop from game to game every month and tons of broken stuff is sold in cash shops. Good comparison.

1 Like

what people seem to have overlooked, is that, the changes to PD are PURELY applied only to arena. so PD still works fine in a PvE setting, while becoming balanced for PvP. this is a good thing, and i personally believe ALL skills should have PvE effects AND pvp effects. that way both are completely different experiences in a fun way.

7 Likes

I actually think the idea of having to pay TP/silver and do a fairly long quest, as well as only being able to change 1 circle per month (per account) or 3 circles ever (per character), and also having to level the circle up from 1 would make it so that I’m okay with resets being implemented.

Yes, and ironically those 10+ year old games you say that don’t have resets, eventually implemented them just to keep their game alive. Weird isn’t it?

1 Like

Both sides have valid reasons of why and why not. A full reset would be just outrageous and promote cookie cutter builds. People that end up not liking their build will have not choice but to start from scratch. Which is why some middle ground should be met. Letting someone change one circle if they end up not liking a class as much as they thought they would IMO is fine.

If it gets super heavily restricted like this, I’d be okay with it. I wouldn’t be pleased, but I’d be okay with it I guess. If it just ends up giving free resets like some sort of awful private Ragnarok server, I’ll end up quitting, as I’m sure many other people will.

1 Like