Tree of Savior Forum

Change the [Magic Scrolls] ( RNG Stats in the Cash Shop )

I like the idea of enchanting items, it brings diversity and end game content. It also makes these hats useful, but obviously this need changes.

For an example, this scroll should have a much higher drop rate from boxes, as we are limited in how much we can get per day. Would also be nice if we could get them by normal monsters, like at a 0.001% (1 each 10.000 monsters).

Remember this is all to get a chance, not guaranteed useful stats.

2 Likes

No. Do you happen to have a source?

lol I have no idea how I misread that. :sweat_smile:

If iā€™m not mistaken, they said that on an interview a long time ago. Someone might have a link to it.

Basically, you canā€™t wear cosmetics as JUST cosmetics. You essentially have a set of ā€œcombat cosmeticsā€ which probably look awful together and youā€™ll probably be wearing almost everywhere except when youā€™re waiting outside a dungeon or hanging around in town.

There are two things in the cash shop that is currently capable of being transferred into silver:

• Tokens, which I donā€™t speculate to be too big of a problem given that the Founderā€™s Pack supplies them at a great value deal and Pack #1 is the most sold.
  • Magic Scrolls which is essentially just a gacha element which I highly doubt anyone will get what they want with 650 TP (after being leftover from costumes and whatever you want) given how ridiculous the rates of getting 3 stats and good stats. Oh and the drop rate, negligible of course.

For those who can throw as much real money into the game and really enjoy gambling, hereā€™s what you guys can have fun with:

Literally the worst function in the game imported straight from Nexon KR, preemptively ruining iToS for me.

6 Likes

Can I please just enjoy making my character the best it can be without virtual slot machines necessitating real money. Iā€™d like the cash shop to stay a million miles away from my characters actual performance. Thatā€™d be great.

(cash shop cynicism intensifies)

10 Likes

so u CAN sell the magic scrolls in the AH?
someone said u cant so i need to be sure

It clearly was in 2011 or 2013 interview. They also said some stuff there, like Tree being a spiritual successor to RO and such.

Look where we are now.

Thatā€™s not selling Magic Scrolls in the AH, and you canā€™t no. Only Tokens.

@fitzfeliz already mentioned it earlier. You enchant some random hats, then you can sell on the AH. Nexon made the potential of hats from 1/1 to 5/5 when these Magic Scrolls were released so that they could encourage a market of this stuffā€¦ They also made some untradable hats tradable too =___=

1 Like

Thank you for sharing a screenshot. Looks Pay2Win to me.

Hats should be for cosmetic purposes, for fun. I enjoy gathering mats for making hats and giving them to a friend or something for their birthday.

Yā€™know, itā€™s something that has sentimental value to me. I donā€™t know why anyone would want to take that away from the game.

It also doesnā€™t effect the players performance in any way. Better yet, let me wear my hats on every character via account trading.

Do you have a link? I wanna see it too. If what you claim is true, 2011 was just planning stage of some sort, they probably abandoned the idea because it is not profitable and the game will not progress.

1 Like

ATENTION HERE

class hats, so what am i going to do if i want to wear my dragoon / wugushi hat??

hmm kay - thats something i dont support
hate gambling stuff like ā€œrandom boxes with ultimate weapons by a 0,00001% chance for 5 dollar eachā€
this is maybe even worse cause you cant get the stats elsewhere but weapons you can farm for

i smell riot xD

I think you can enchant them too, no? :x

Q12: In my opinion, this is the most important question. The game is Pay to > Win or Pay to Play? Will gamersā€™ skill make a difference?

(Everybody was laughing at this question)

imcGAMES: The thing with our CEO, Kim Hakkyu is he does not like Pay to Win.

Kim Hakkyu: The last thing Tree of Savior will be is Play to Win.

Here you GO.

10 Likes

Jokes aside, that is not quite the same as ā€œcosmetic onlyā€.

6 Likes

Donā€™t misquote me.[quote=ā€œRISKorRIOT, post:19, topic:152551ā€]
From what Iā€™ve heardā€¦ is that you can purchase TP with in-game currencyā€¦ ā€¦Iā€™ll see if I can find that info againā€¦ ā€¦stands to be like I remembered some people mentioning itā€¦
[/quote]

I stated very clearly it was not confirmed and I had to look into it.

As to getting back to the topic. If the drop rate is enough to bring a substantial amount of the said item onto the marketplace. the actual pay to win complaint would go away. Spending money to get something that highly populates the player marketplace, even if at a higher price, isnā€™t that bad.

The best cash shop(this is in within current assumed elements) will have all items available to paying customers and non-paying customers if it can change player attributes.

This is definitely no joke, when such things like Magic Scrolls exist, which are definitely P2W.

Iā€™ll search for the exact quote, I remember there was an interview with Kim himself.

oh god bless the least thing the game gonna be is play to win - time to sell my car and get those juicy scrolls xDDDD

I wonder if it was translated poorly but Kim actually said The last thing Tree of Savior will be is Play to Win. Meaning he does not like Pay to win but have no choice but to pay to win at some point.