Tree of Savior Forum

Can we stop with the term White Knight?

Unpopular decisions is a main game killer.

I mean, game is not like a country you can’t leave so easily. You don’t need a work visa, rent an apartment and find a job in a some other game ) You are just leaving it if it does not meet your tastes )

That’s why unpopular decisions doesn’t worth protecting, in my opinion. Obviously, consumers not always know what would be better for them and what do the actually need. But consumers are always know what they don’t like and what they will not pay for.

1 Like

I have read them but the positive changes you claim are happening i don’t see when i log in. I also don’t recall insulting you in any of my posts.

It is the changes that are not obvious that are the ones most commonly overlooked. The LACK of inflation is what you are looking for, and so far, I do not see any.

Sorry. It just triggered me a little when I saw you state like a fact that the decisions were negative, like you weren’t open to discussion whatsoever.

But… But…
Arguing pointlessly is the beauty of internet…

If theres no flaming… How can one have fun in a forum?

5 Likes

imc have made their decision. Consumers and the market will respond appropriately. Defending a decision on these forums is pointless because

1. people have said this is still beta so then complaints and feedback should be posted here.

2. Posting about how imc made the ‘right’ decision in your mind does not change the 60% steam rating the game currently has.

3. If a game has such a large proportion of players who do not recommend it, in what world is it reasonable to blame those customers? They had expectations about the product and those expectations were not met. Saying those 40% are wrong does not change the reality that a disturbing number of mmo players dislikes imc or the current game.

6 Likes

I feel like there are better solutions that don’t ruin some aspects of the game for your player base. Like this.

4 Likes

Well, dude, if you have to strain all your analytical abilities and involve a lot of imagination in that process to find something good. And if you can find bad things even with your eyes closed. Well, I think there is something wrong after all )

Hmmm, fair point. To me though the reasons IMC presented (which were very similar to what I first thought were their reasons) were legitimate reasons worth thinking about before complaining, yet many people ignored them. I felt this was unfair and attempted to point them out.

No, indeed it doesn’t. It also doesn’t change how on launch day many of those negative ratings were purely server stability complaints. Not saying that’s a bad thing though, just that I’m not particularly concerned with Steam Ratings.

You’re right, I should stop blaming people for having expected something different. That being said, I still want to explain to those who were misled the purpose of these decisions in the hopes that maybe they can come to understand them and resume having fun in this game.

Well, you can make a really bad decisions even with the best intentions.

So, the dudes had a good point - need to fight RMT. But they’ve come to the worst solution ever. That’s not making them bad. That’s just making people not to buy their product.

But I want people to buy their product, that’s why finding a better solution is my best interest. That’s all.

You know, some people are whining not just because they like to whine. Some people are whining because they found something interesting in this game, but can’t play it because something else is really bad. I mean, people are suggesting solutions that will make them buy the game.

6 Likes

Do you see your efforts to defend imc working in terms of that steam score?

I can tell you straight up that you are nowhere near the first person to defend an imc decision and you will certainly not be the last. Given so many people defending various imc decisions, why wouldn’t the reviews be higher?

This tells me that defending imc decisions is not an effective strategy to get people to like the game. So why continue to use ineffective strategies?

Really? It sure Sounds like you’re defending IMC just because. Here’s some tidbits from your post history.

“I don’t like thing but I’ll just accept it and defend it.” That’s about as white knighty as it gets. If something happens in game thats a bummer then of course people will be unhappy. there’s no reason to defend that.

Okay, here’s something important. This is not a good stance for any business to have. It’s the cheapest form of defense for any bad business decision. When the majority of an audience doesn’t buy something because they don’t like it, then the host doesn’t generate enough income. It’s important to appeal to an audience when they’re not buying what you’re selling. Not disregard them.

Every F2P MMO has these circumstances. It’s not a get out of critisism free card. Do some research on path of exile. It’s from a developer smaller than IMC but they’ve gotten F2P better than any MMO i’ve seen before.

I’ll be straight with you. Looking through your posts to get these you’re not so bad. You’re open minded enough but I’m just going to suggest you avoid the following phrases/responses if you don’t want to be called a white knight.

“If you don’t like it don’t buy!”
“The developers need money, it’s a free MMO!”
“It’s still a beta/ Just released / it’ll be patched!”

The reason people will call you white knight for posts like those is they acknowledge that whatever they’re responding to is a problem, and provide only a generic fits-any-issue excuse as a defense. Which you have to admit is really flimsy.

11 Likes

Can i be both? :smile:

I don’t think IMC is a bad company, specially because they actually are answering us really fast. Usually other companies would just ignore us, or take weeks or months to do so. Considering all this trading problem exploded just a week ago and they already made a announcement about it makes me really happy.
BUT that also doesn’t mean is support their decisions, no i don’t. I could kill someone to save thousands, but i would still be a killer. You can have the best intention ever, but they haven’t made the best decisions. Yet, i hope.

Oh, so I’m not the one of a kind )

2 Likes

I haven’t accused anyone of white knighting, yet, but so far based on what I’ve read in this forums, the reason why some are aptly “insulted” as such, is because they defend IMC without anything to support their argument. which would make you think, are they in any way affiliated with IMC to have first hand knowledge on how the company is handling the situation?
I’ve read in multiple occasions phrases like “they’re doing their best” which is subjective, and would definitely not help if one is trying to not sound biased.
IMO, if anyone doesn’t want to be accused of white knighting in this forums, present your argument objectively, call out any BS, and tea-baggery, idiots who just hate can be easily ignored, because at the end of the day if IMC is really doing their job well positive support from the players will upstage any troll who tries to ruin it for everyone. no need for anyone to defend them at all.

Nope me and players that have been around since the beginning have been complaining about this ■■■■ since the change was made. This problems has been known and bitched about / ignored by IMC for a long time.

1 Like

I said the problem exploded, not existed. Its common sight seeing Korean players just accepting the problems and not complaining anymore about it in a couple days.

Steam store ratings. This is always brought up in an argument. I don’t care what the ratings say.

I’ve made very valid arguments on how the restrictions help and also stating ways it can be improved. I dont feel like listing them all since it seems thats all ive been doing on these forums lately.

Most of the arguments on why they are bad aren’t that great of arguments and they usually resort to “look at the steam ratings” Which im not sure what to say about that. Many people don’t like the trade system. That doesn’t mean its useless or it has no benefit. People just don’t like it.

Anyway, just because someone doesn’t share your opinion or maybe just to get under peoples skin you call them a white knight. This is something a child would do. I don’t call you whiners just because you don’t share my opinion.

1 Like

You may not, but potential new players care.

The problem is the Steam Store ratings are something really serious. Nowadays information travels so quickly that, if your friend goes and tell you “Hey, don’t watch that movie, it’s awful”, you won’t do that. That’s the same for the steam ratings, specially when it is something so graphical as RED NAME and DOZENS OF RED REVIEWS. Red is taken as bad, so people won’t even notice your game.
And, yes, players don’t like the current trading system. But hey, why do you make a game in the first place?

For players

Who gives your company money?

The players.

Please understand that “the players don’t like the trading system” is a lot more serious than you think. You’re right about the White Knight thing tho

5 Likes