Tree of Savior Forum

Can Staff please comment on plans for PVP?

class balance really should go in its own thread - I would prefer to keep the conversation focused on the fundamentals of the game and the faults of current pvp modes in general.

2 Likes

There are 3 4 bugs related to Sniperā€™s Serenity alone. Do you really wanna go there?

Armor break isnā€™t block pen.
Armor break is a debuff who ignores % of defense.

@STAFF_Yuri
I really like to organize things so letā€™s organize this conversation.
Reading the texts I notice that there are problems in PVP that everyone wants to be solved with brevity and most of the problems already have suggestion of the community, they are:

1) Balancing between classes.
Sugestions: Normalizing attack and defense, at least on TBL.
Powercreep is insane on PVP.

2) TBL Rewards:
Sugestions: Rewards are meaningless. They do not drive people to play, and those who play quit very quickly, improve the reward with useful items in the PVP.

3) Few hours of action for players focused on PVP:
Sugestions: Make a PVP free zone 24/h open and a TBL queue that is always open too (but has no reward), like a ā€œfriendly matchā€

4) Lack of PVP content that values ā€‹ā€‹teamplay (Premade Queue)
Sugestions: Make a differentiated queue of TBL where premade groups can participate.

Remove block from con would be the easiest solution.

Gems/Skills and gear then are the only possibilitys to get Block.
Pelt/Hop/Murm builds should have the highest Blockrate anyway.

Maybe imc can ad a ā€œBlockstateā€ to every shield ingame like def/mdef.

1 Like

I have no idea where you got Armor break from but thatā€™s not whatā€™s being talked about on that post.

Iā€™ve never said it was overpowered, I said it is a good class and that I get killed by druids even without chortasmata. Please stop blowing things out of proportion. And also, play TBL with your druid and see how good it is.

But you donā€™t die to the Druid aspect of it!

Like I could make a Cataphract 3 Squire 1 Lancer 3 and go around destroying everyone effortlessly and then say ā€œSquire is OP, I barely have to try to win the fights I takeā€

However if Iā€™m not winning because of Squire skills it doesnā€™t mean anything.

My build is Cleric 2 - Bokor 2 - Monk - Druid 3 - PD 2

Outside of gem feud, it is a decent build, that focuses on Druid being the star of the show, yea sure now that I have BDS and Pandemic Attribute, PD is a big part of it to, but mostly, this is a Druid build, you got Double Punch to replace auto attack and Monk CC to keep em on grass. Bokors Effigy sets up grass with Marionette and Froster Lord (less needed now that Thorns exist but still very good, especially considering the lag I experience casting any skill.)

But you put my decent build in Gem Feud, it does nothing. It could support others because Disenchant is a ridiculous skill. Ofc Iā€™m not gonna do thatā€¦ obviously. On itā€™s own though, it does nothing. The only way this char gets a kill on anyone is Thorns - BDS - Disenchant - Hexing - Incinerate - Effigy spam.

1 of those moves is a Druid move, itā€™s the CC that allows you to easily land the BS move that makes this work.

But if you wanna kill someone as Druid you need to be so much stronger than them that the Chortasmata poison does it on itā€™s own.

Now outside of Gem Feud, Druid is a lot better sure, but everything it does is defensive with exception to Lycanthropy and Chortasmata/Carnivory

The grass doesnā€™t move, so unless CCed it doesnā€™t matter. Lycan does do a lot of damage and gets a lot of free block pen but it means sacrificing the defense of Transform, and itā€™s easy enough to avoid everything but the 4th skill.

Iā€™m not gonna play TBL because itā€™s garbage unworthy of being called PvP. And the top 10 is still filled with PvE builds lol, as well as the occasional Revive/Disenchant caster.

But the thing I hate most about TBL is itā€™s team PvP and you donā€™t even get to choose your team. Team PvP is already pretty bad (2v2s are fine if you choose partners because of how you can coordinate but beyond that yuck) but not being able to choose your allies means you lose rating because enemy gets 3 CON invested individuals and you get a 20k hp Mergen and a Swordsman who knocks people out of your ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Support builds especially ā– ā– ā– ā–  me over, supports always benefit dumb people more than they do people who put real thought into their builds. You can get a Priest PD and all they have to do for a bad player is cast revive, aspersion, stone skin/capella and disenchant anyone you CC. And thatā€™s good for those players, theyā€™re provided with all the defensiveness they werenā€™t smart enough to take on their own, and they easily 1 combo thanks to disenchant.

Give that to someone like me, Iā€™m not dieing to anything that a priest can save me from because I already do what I can to survive, and I donā€™t need disenchant because Iā€™m capable of playing around not 1 comboing someone. For most, if they get a support class, itā€™s great because they get babied a bit, but for me, having a support on my team is the same as having a 2v3.

There are some things that even I benefit from, but not enough to justify having a disadvantage in numbers.

And numbers advantage is the lamest way to win/lose in PvP. I have no respect for those who ā€œPvPā€ in numbers. Play honorably, win through skill, intelligence and hell even gear, anything is better than teaming up on others.

PvEā€™rs : Well gosh, we could, we could you know likeā€¦ Group Up! AND HIT IT TIL IT DIES!

Yeah we do? Telepath into grass? It happens all the time in TBL.

Letā€™s see: PVP, PVP, PVP, Most definitely PVP, PVP, PVP, Super PVP, 2 PVP fun memes, and #10 is somewhat pve? Canā€™t tell his class since I never seen him.

Yeah, I donā€™t really see any PVE build there except 10 if I get a closer look. Whatā€™s wrong with disenchant? Itā€™s a counter to a bunch of builds that rely on a ton of buffs. Iā€™d love to get rid of peopleā€™s Gyvenimas buff. You need 10 points on it to make it effective, anyways. I do agree they should add party based TBL instead of random.

I guess youā€™re opposed to GvG in general. Are you also opposed to 15v15 GvG back in the old days? God, my teammate killed this person when itā€™s supposed to be a 1v1! I donā€™t know why you have that way of thinking on a TEAM based game mode.

Play honorably and win through skill uh

*sweats nervously as I telepath people into my grass while having Blind Faith on*

Actually, Lycan provides better Defense and HP values than Transform Large + Insect by 10% and 25% respectively

1 Like

Hi #10 here. To clarify my build is cleric2-priest2-pard1-druid2-pd3 100 spr rest con and it is optimized towards mostly TBL (partially GvG). I wouldnā€™t really consider it a PvE build. . . but for like healers and stuff at the point of r10 cleric3 priest2 and some spr is all you really need to heal in most cases now so itā€™s borderline? pve but all TBL clerics ā€œshouldā€ run at least c2p2 so. . .
Iā€™m mostly a harassment build (1 point on all damage skills besides chortasmata), okay damage until I land Disenchant.
lvl10 telepath because i have no room on my skill keys to cater to transform skills :). just a casual 20 secs of telepath totally not broken and annoying af.
I picked up TBL like this week. . . plan to mess around with it more.

2 Likes

I had a different top 10 in my mind that had lasted many previous weeks but my point still actually stands because third place is a guy who is only focus on damage, and IIRC has less than 60k hp. You can call him PvP if you want but regardless of his intent, he has a PvE mindset, players like that, lose the minute they canā€™t one combo you.

Which is actually brings me to my next point Bhikku typically occupies the top slot, and while yes he does trans his armor, use a shield, and invest in CON showing that heā€™s not incapable of understanding the value of durability in PvP. He still relies entirely on damage for everything, which is fine, he can play the game how he wants, but it doesnā€™t really make me want to compete. I donā€™t see Bhikku and think, ā€œNow there is someone worth beatingā€

Bhikku could actually be any player on his account, as long as they do just 1 thing the same, it doesnā€™t matter who it is, and that one thing is playing the game as if itā€™s a tab target game, as long as you play the game like a tab target game youā€™re basically the same as Bhikku, the only difference is gear and maybe a slight bit of knowledge if you for some reason donā€™t know certain easy to learn things (like abuse against stealth and rotations)

Now thatā€™s not me ā– ā– ā– ā–  talking Bhikku, Iā€™m sure heā€™s very successful with what he does, itā€™s just not what makes me wanna compete, itā€™s the same as PvE to me, I donā€™t wanna compete against a mindless bot, Idc if they are hard to beat, if Iā€™m not competing against a player that I view as competition then why bother.

@Wooshin Lycan doesnā€™t gain current hp, and with itā€™s insanely low duration itā€™s a bad idea to bother healing it, so unless you have like heal factor and a nearly off CD but currently active large insect transform going, you wonā€™t make use of the hp boost, you do get the defense yes, but I argue with how bad Lycan is, itā€™s only worth 1 point due to it and IIRC you only gain 10% on the 1 point. So while yes technically at itā€™s best Lycan provides durability, in a real scenario that one would be in comparing the two, Lycan is much less durable.

I understand the new attribute makes it a little better but I still donā€™t think itā€™s a smart idea to invest into it, especially with a PvP build

lol no not true t all i play this game only for pvp and at about 80k health
bhikku is my mom

1 Like

i think yr talking abit too much. about stuff u obviously dont know much about

1 Like

Are you not the same Linker from Gem Feud who takes 2 ticks from Smash Bullet?

yea sure im not entirely full con and squishy but i get mvp almost every match win or lose and im consistabtly high on tbl wen i play that week. back off te pvp threads you dont even do it

This is exactly what I meant, that PvE mindset, of ā€œI do DPSā€ DPS is the least important thing in PvP. There is a minimum amount of damage that you need which varies based on un-avoidable damage and the targets healing (So itā€™s actually an always changing number) but once you have it, itā€™s not important anymore what matters is your durability, and your outplay-ability. Youā€™re not that invested in durability, your utility is mediocre, everything you have is geared towards damage, you treat the enemy like an NPC and as soon as they find way to get out of it, itā€™s hopeless for you.

Itā€™s not just you though, this is how a large portion of the community in ToS thinks. Itā€™s fine, like I said play as you like, but I donā€™t define players like that as PvPers, yes you PvP and by literal definition, one who is PvPing is a PvPer. However your mindset is no different from any of the PvEā€™rs and I would view one with a superior mindset as a superior player, regardless of result. Idc if your gear or class is good, I wanna compete against good players.

Which is actually why I was so mad at Randy when he KSed me, that fight was really fun because the player didnā€™t one shot so he was forced to try more and a few times in gem feud Iā€™ve gotten some really nice fights with players like that and itā€™s far more satisfying than firing off a Smash Bullet at a geared PvE type and then watching them die to it. (Unless the player is SugarLips, I guess thatā€™s pretty fun just because heā€™s the one the mobs of players all swarm around for the ā€œGroup PvPā€ so itā€™s like, ā€œHa now what will you sheep do!ā€ , but that only happened once) In general the best fights are the ones where the opponent is forced to try and by extension forcing me to try in order to win.

And I will define you as a pvper when you play TBL :3

1 Like

Lol, this is funny.

Wants to find good opponents to go up against

Mad that Iā€™m killing people in a team-based pvp environment

Multiple people see you KS other people

I see you killing people during a raise

Also see you killing weak players by scouting them with cloak and then smash bulleto on them

gets mad at me when I kill your weak opponents

Complains about some druid bug so plays on a
non geared PVE BM with no block pen

xdd

Iā€™m sorry, but I have NOT seen anyone get mad in a PVP environment because they see someone having a fight and they get shrekt in a 1v2. Iā€™m glad they have multi combat, I donā€™t wanna be a full support just being a retard magnet the whole game.

1 Like

I donā€™t KS others intentionally but I had had a few instances of not realizing a fight is happening due to the original fighter being too far away so Iā€™m not perfect, Iā€™m so sorry to all Iā€™ve KSed.

I donā€™t kill people during raise, except Ennislol or whatever but Iā€™m just tired of that guy interfering in my fights, he doesnā€™t deserve the courtesy he wonā€™t extend to me.

I do kill weak players, people feed you when youā€™re not even trying sometimes, the only way I can compete for the 750 in a losing game is to target the twohand users who canā€™t block me.

I have block pen, just not enough.