Tree of Savior Forum

Can a staff member please answer how ITOS is in any way going to be better than KTOS?

@duytueha No I rather IMC tell us directly to shut up which would imply they know what the problems are. Also you would make a horrible boss if you think over paying your employees will promote long term better behavioral attitude. What you need to do is reward employees for excellent behavior so that other employee’s have a urge to strive better - Which I am sure that would happen if they made changes more people would want services and more people would spend micro transactions. Staff are what we talk to get programmers to change games. Putting more work on them - of course to make the game better.

1 Like

Then give them goddamn TIME. You know what TIME is? DO YOU?

2 Likes

They could just simply put the stuff we report in a backlog! It’s not like anybody here forces them to immediately work on anything we say. God, you are not helping anybody! You are annoying me by telling us to stop complaining and if we stop complaining IMC will probably not notice or ignore many things. Come on… I do t want to be an ■■■■■■■ and you might be a nice person, but you don’t have to protect the poor staff…I am a developer myself and I hate when people just keep bugs to the self instead of telling me about em. In the end it all comes to how IMC manages their time. I am going to do this now: @Staff_Julie. I wonder if we should stop complaining or if we are actually helping development by sharing our thoughts. If it helps the game then I’ll now gladly stop complaining about anything. I hope to get a reply from you. Thanks in advance

I’m excited for the game and like the trade restrictions because of the harmful effect they have on gold sellers.

As for better than kToS, heh, doesn’t look like it. I’ll take as good, though.

we are already giving them time.

they said that iToS will be different than in kToS but in the end they are almost the same.

if they saw how the game in korea fails or slowly losing players they should have adjusted based on the feedbacks by both korean and international players.

as BlaXum says if people dont complain, IMC will mostly ignore the little complaints because its just a minority. if we gave them time to think about the founders pack giving 3 months then they will push it and we wont have the 1 month or the option to choose (if you call that choosing).

no complaints = no problem
if people dont complain when there is a problem, dev or staff will think that there’s no problem with it and just ignore that issue.

we can get a good example from Stardew Valley where a single developer is listening to player’s feedback and suggestion but also said that the final say is his and will implement things that he think is right based on the feedbacks and suggestions.

3 Likes
1 Like

@duytueha Time they robbed themselves of from not making a OBT? Or time from all the angry complaints dating from few weeks ago with little to no response?
If IMC tells me to shut up I will. Its their game and I do not have a right to change it in anyway. All I can do is stop playing yet it wont make a huge impact on the game. But TOS for me has such a high potential of being a good game. Imagine TOS without any annoying trading features and WoE, a end game.

3 Likes

the trade restriction is more harmful to real players than gold sellers

gold sellers can just raise the price to accommodate the restriction given to everyone and still they can make profits for it.

the more you restrict players for the sake of bots and gold sellers the harder it affects the players itself or simply you do more harm than good

2 Likes

They said some contents will be different and how can you tell it will be different when you haven’t experience (playing) the game yet?
All I say is give them time and wait for the game released then complain.
And who care about korean players, they have too much great mmo to choose while we have crap. We’re different already, can you see?

1 Like

then give them solution instead of nagging about it, do you even have one?
They’re working to have one for us, give them goddamn time.

1 Like

I think the same. ToS has everything it needs to be really awesome…it’s just not “connected” in a nice way. That’s the message we r probably all trying to get them to understand. I personally don’t Intend to trouble or annoy anybody, but I think the game could be such much better. Sometimes even just minimal adjustment are needed.

@duytueha from that FAQ 10 things were adressed 1 which answered token 1:1 trade which is one of the major complaints and 7 were about the DLC 2 were of different server and wipe. It is painfully obvious they did not address any of my problems.

Personally it would be better if they had the economy set up like they did in CBT and bots and what not taken care in some other fashion.

2 Likes

@BlaXun yeah I rather not complain and enjoy the game - knowing that everything will be awesome

ONLY ITS NOT

2 Likes

in-game contents like skills, mob behavior, AI, class i dont have a problem if its the same or different unless it is a MAJOR nerf like Linker (increase cd, lower duration etc.)

but for the confirmed part where 1:1 trading is still restricted to free players like in Korea is the part that is not different.

only thing left is they restrict our skills and auto attack for being a free user and can attack by buying tokens to prevent bots and gold sellers (which still doesn’t affect them in any way. a simple price increase will solve it)

even restricting getting exp or silver/item drops when being a free user wont affect them in any way.

2 Likes

simple solution to 1:1 trading restriction

• give it for free to everyone.

solution for bot

• actively banning or at least hire 1-2 person per server to ban bots
  • captcha like in other threads

solution in getting income without being a p2w

• sell cosmetic and emoticons for $5 (15-30 day rental) or $15 (permanent) and can be shared to all characters in a team
  • different kinds of mounts (reskin of some mounts to look cool or cute)
  • unique hair colors or styles (moving hair or changing hair colors)

these kind of solutions are found in many threads. ToS is a good game and they can exploit it by selling good cosmetics and pricing them for $5~$25 each and people wont bother it since the game is good

if the game is very good heck even a $50 emoticon wouldn’t bother them as long as it is not a simple emoticon. its like $20 for the emoticon itself $30 for supporting the game because it is good

in Dungeon Defenders II (i keep giving this as an example) an all black costume (design is like the universe) cost about $20~$40 and people dont mind since it is a f2p game but there are still people complaining (duplicate costume drop when opening a gacha type of item).

Path of Exile now this is a good example. everything is pricey but people dont mind because the dev and staff are doing their best to provide content to players. all cash items are cosmetics and storage space increase.

i think i saw one that cost about 12,000 php ($300) which is a bundle of items that i dont know what but i see people buying it in the forums (they get a title in the forums saying they supported the game by buying that bundle)

3 Likes

Why are the XP cards bothersome? Don’t they simply replace the typical quest XP reward with an item that you can choose to consume any given time? Do you mean the grind is too fast?

On a personal note I would be against allowing to change circles. I understand the practicality that comes with it but like the true vanilla RO experience, it is kind of the intention that one need to consider carefully and invest in his character. At least that is one point that makes the game interesting for me. It is absolutely true however that in such a case they’d need to be quite careful about patches.

Please see this thread for a detailed explanation of how, exactly, the trade restrictions have such a damaging effect on the traditional bot farmer.

You will only need to read the first 5 or so posts for a full understanding of how this works.

• all of your solution are still in debate.
  • all game are doing that kind of business to make money but still in debate.
  • the only thing I disagree is 1:1 trading which will lead to cheating abuse, especially with mmorpg games.
1 Like

well if you understood about the 1:1 trading then we have nothing to talk about since that was the topic (from my perspective) since the beginning of my comments.

only added the solution since you were asking to provide solution instead of just complaining

2 Likes

@ridleyco k cool so we earn silver to buy tokens- and a botters make 100 accounts and buys tokens on all his botting accounts. Surely 1mil is not a high price for high level player and a high level bot player right? Dont like that example?
here is another:
Botter needs to sell gold and a player wants to buy gold. Botter can ask player to post a non-valuable item for x amount of gold - say 5mil on AH. Player does that and botter buys it. Player has token and recives 4.5mil gold. What was the use of not allowing 1:1? 10%?

2 Likes