Tree of Savior Forum

Can a staff member please answer how ITOS is in any way going to be better than KTOS?

@STAFF_John said "Furthermore, the TOS English version will contain various customized contents that won’t be seen in the Korean version.
We will continuously develop or make changes on various contents specifically for the TOS English Version so we hope everyone knows about this in advance. "

From what I am reading on forums it is worse than the KTOS version with instant dungeons getting reduced and everything that was annoying with KTOS making its way into ITOS. So how is ITOS going to do any better than the failed KTOS???

1 Like

Failed :open_mouth: How has the game failed in Korea. It’s worse from what you found on the forums? Maybe you read too much into the angry rants that are going on here. There are several justified concerns that are actively being discussed - which is great! - but it’s nowhere as bad as a prelaunch forum would make it look.

For the customized contents - there haven’t been any details as far as I know but I suppose that will include localized quests/events and such to cater more to the western audience “maybe” some unique cosmetics form the store - who knows.

1 Like

Koreans gave tree of savior a nick name called tree of SH1T (똥나무 literal translation). They spoon fed/ bribed Koreans to play with a lot of events. I think one of the event gave rewards to players who came back and played (in attempts to get old players back) when the game itself had been only a few months old. I played Korean server and liked the game but it got tiresome really quick + they have a lot of annoying features for trading and auctioning - which I believe was not in the original cbt for NA. From what I gather - the token system works the same way here as it did in Korean version so I am sure the same restriction will be here as well. On top of all this I hear instance dungeons for free to play players will be reduced from 5- 3 which is the main source of exp in this game.

so yeah how is ITOS any better than failed KTOS?

by “customized contents that won’t be seen in korean version” do they mean ITOS is going to suck even harder?

Please don’t conclude from a bunch of unsatisfied Koreans that the game has failed - it’s a very weak premis. You can have a personal opinion ofcourse but that wont apply universally. In that case you simply don’t like what the game offers. The things that are being debated right now like 3% mvsp, 1:1 trading, the (supposed)Tokenprice , dungeon limitation - everything is debatable at the moment as people have different opinions on it and while there is a large vocal presence against these things, there are as many people that don’t find it as troublesome. I wondered if your post is really about asking what the customized content will be or… well the last lines hint alot about the true reason this post might have been made.

http://ust.chatango.com/um/m/a/madokat/img/l_203.jpg

This again.
Pleaes post in any of the other 500ish posts about it.
So that these grow in attention.

And it might start as worse and become better over time.
But yes… that tradeing system is hardly fun.

1 Like

The main issue is the lack of end game content, people stops to play the game because they have no objective to seek. Pvp is broken and PVE lacks of relevant Challenging content besides earth tower. And there’s a lack of gearing options too.

TOS was obviously rushed. Probably nexon and investitors of TOS pressioned the developers to launch the game, and thats the result.

1 Like

Dammit!! greenfoxy!! it’s your fault!! Now I have to go back to see Nisekoi again [=A=]

You are wrong! It’s not from 5 down to 3 dungeon runs…no, it’s down from 5 to 2(!!!). But, hey, just buy a token and u get two additional runs…so, 4 runs for paying players and 2 for those freeloaders.

Nobody wins…
Right now it seems as if iToS really is the worst version of ToS.

BTW

#IMC’s iToS practically the same cash shop/premium offer as

THOUGH

#JAPAN ToS will recieve alot more items.

@STAFF_John is iToS gonna receive the same costume content as jToS. I am sure jToS will have the most number of hair and costume avialable. And possibilities of having collaborations like MIKU costumes.

Not concluding anything and I stand to be one of the “unsatisfied Koreans”.
what @finwe_inglorion said is similar to what I feel, yet I want to play with my non-korean friends in hopes of ITOS be better than what KTOS had to offer. And when they made the announcement that it will be tailored towards what the players wants that gave me a little hope. Then this.

@greenfoxy21 I think there needs to be a collective post of what everyone thinks sucks about ITOS so that they hear us and make changes towards it. Everything is scattered right now. I would like it if some one made a collective topic for all the problems without posts like @maruthontour’s going completly off-topic.

I beg you guys, please have hope into the game. Game is a dream land and suppose to be fun and enjoyed at fullest.
How can you enjoy something with that pessimist personality?

3 Likes

You mean something like a topic that collects link to other topics? That might be a good idea. Anybody up to it? I’d do that later today…in about 6 hours … If nobody else wants to deal with it

yeah that would be good 2

The game is doing more than fine in Korea, its in the top 40MMO’s, and thats saying a lot since their market is saturated with many mmo’s to play. The game servers are still packed with players, future content is sure to come in the future and so far, the game is doing pretty well over there~ soo nothing to worry about.

• removal of exp cards
  • lower quest rewards
  • implement “MVP - like monsters” with 0,01% drops wich really matter end game and made RO worthwile - randomize said monsters (aka they can spawn on 3 diff maps at any location making it a lil harder to camp) - make them hard to kill even for super equipped characters (i dont count “field bosses” into this)
  • implement WoE - you may even copy it 1:1 i dont care but for gods sake this was the most enjoyable thing in RO and kept the community together for a long ass time
  • i want a poring hat
  • get rid of trade restrictions (ya im now pro that cause they dont make sense in any way anymore)
  • implement a possibility to change your circles in game NOT by paying for said items but something like a long ass quest wich takes a whole party to complete and maybe several days - so people wont abuse it but still got a way of changing their class if they feel uncomfortable with it like a “pikachu joins the dark side taking out priest for bokor” quest - just a silly example dont quote me on that if you do ill find and eat you
  • offer an item for FREE to switch a circle (or more depending on your build) in case they nerf a class to the ground or make it unplayable for people - but in no way make this item purchaseable (its not a p2w item but itll take the fun if everyone could just buy it…meh really…no fun…man…) everyone would hate it if their fav circle is getting nerfed hard and they wanna change it back to something else - i know i know theres room for a debate again but its kinda a first thought on that
  • nerf PD in a way you feel its “just fine” and not overpowered - meanwhile nerf CC like giving guys a natural resist - lets say youre being frozen so you cant be frozen/stunned/whatever again in 4 seconds after the status turned off - open for a debate on that one guess lotsa room for discussion again on how to make pvp more enjoyable
2 Likes

I wish it to be fun and enjoyable to but it wont be.
Lets say you @duytueha are a paying player and you are in party with your friend which is not a paying player. You kill a boss and it drops a bow. Your friend is a archer and it is a upgrade for him and he gets a random item that is of no value. You want to give him that item so that he or she becomes stronger yet you cannot trade and have to sell the bow to an npc. What a let down to conclude a boss fight…
Same with monster gems… you guys hunt and find a monster gem you really need but since party share is on the item goes to your friend and monster gems are not tradeable… what a let down…

1 Like

compared to top 10 when it first came out? with players dwindling by thousands every update?

Exactly. That trade restriction is limiting free and paying players. To make the matter worse, even IF you BOTH pay you will still loose potential on the item you trade…which is just stupid and makes getting rewards just so much more unrewarding. It’s the stupidest tradin system I’ve ever seen in any MMO …it’s the worst limitation in ToS up until now.

1 Like

You guys complain too much about a game that is not yet released. I agree the trading is a let down but the staff already answer about that in FAQ.
Why do you have to repeat over and over again? It’s not like you pay them enough to make insta chance.
#Stopcomplaining #Wait

4 Likes

@duytueha I rather complain now and get change before playing then having to wait and seeing tos fall. Why wait?

also one customer (me) is nothing to them (i bought several founder packs + some as gifts) but a few follow and when the few follow hundreds- thousands you get the idea…

1 Like