Tree of Savior Forum

Bug or intend? Cannoneer skill damage only improve when you equip cannon

as picture above i test its with my cannoneer

test with skill cannon shot lv1

the damage when equip with Xbow+arde dagger is around 6.5-6.9k while
the damage when equip with Xbow+Cannon is around 7.4-7.8k

from what i found the damage skill of cannonneer only improve when you equip the cannon in sub

if you not swap weapon to cannon before using skill its will use your base damage + current sub weapon (in this case its arde)

yes you can using its with other sub and the animation looks like its auto swap for you but damage is not include in its

thats why some say thats even you use Agvara Cannon the damage will not improve

I dont know if musketeer be the same or not (dont have musk for test)

but this is intent or not?

Did you use with the same enemy? I tried with xbow+cannon as autoswap and swap before using it deal the same dmg to the same enemy (I use 2 handbow not arde though)

What’s the min and max attack of your xbow? Was this damage difference consistent?

Cannoneer is all bugged. You get lower dmg because dmg is actually calculated using Arde’s wpn dmg. Doesn’t happen with bows afaik.

Also, from what I gathered, there’s abnormally low difference in final dmg of Agvara vs. Practice cannon. Not sure as I wasn’t one doing tests, maybe you’ll test it out urself, if ur interested.

Is your xbow anvil upgraded? Because anvil upgrades mitigate missile penalty.

Missile penalty is 10% on medium enemies and 15% on large enemies. +anvil upgrade on crossbow mitigates the penalty.

If you have cannon as offhand, it will receive the mitigation from anvil upgrades. If you have it as a secondary weapon to swap to, then you need to pair it with an anvil upgraded crossbow to receive the effect when auto-swap activates.

Same enemy

Its need to swap weapon to cannon so the cannon dmg apply correctly

Maybe its only bug to xbow not 2handed bow

Will test tomorrow

I dont think xbow dmg is calculate in cannon dmg though

Its should be sub wepon dmg

I not sure about my xbow dmg (alddy shutdown my pc) but its +8 grandcross

Both of weapon swap is +8 grandcross

What i find in this topic is the auto swap to use cannon skill is not working correctly

If you want to include your cannon damage in cannoneer skill you “need” to swap to offhand cannon before using skill

Or the game will use your current subweapon dmg for cannon skill

I never said anything about the xbow’s damage, only the effect of anvil upgrade’s mitigation on missile penalty.

Can you recreate this same test on Small type enemies? Hanamings, etc. Then you will have a clear answer.

I noticed this exact same discrepancy long ago, and I solved it by using a DIFFERENT +anvil upgraded crossbow on my secondary slot.

You are free to not believe me if you would like, but simply cannon shot some hanamings and you will see the same damage regardless of configuration.

I think its correctly calculate if its using subweapon dmg for cannon skil

But the problem is auto swap will use your current subweapon dmg not the cannon dmg thats you swap to

For agvara cannon and practice cannon

The damage is
185-344 vs 283-527
The max different dmg is only 183

With cannon blast lv5
Attack: 300% + 4713 = (a+183 + 4713)*3

Its only improve for 549 dmg (before mod and crit)

So i dont think its make much different btw practice and agvara cannon especially when your dmg per burst is 30k++

Cannoner skills deal more damage based upon the ATK of the cannon.
This is working as intended, but the damage not applying on auto-swaps sounds like a bug.

1 Like

After testing looks like this only happen when you have another offhand in weapon

so if you use set 2handed bow weapon swap the auto-swap will correctly improve damage

With this i can say its surely bug i guess

Prooly the bug is based on the availability of the skill with other offhand then cannon, in wich case it doesn’t swap the weapon for cannon for best dmg but use what you got (dagger). It won’t be the case with musketeer skills because musket is not an offhand.

Or rather its an oversight in designing. There is no code that would make you swap the weapons for “higher dmg result”. There is only code that swap weapons “if the skill is not available with the weapon you currently have”.

Ergo, not a bug, but it should be reported/changed nevertheless. It’s clearly not intended.

1 Like