Tree of Savior Forum

Briefing on Swordsmen after Rank 8

Would like to ask everyone out here what exactly has changed in these few past months. Especially for a former Fencer C2. Apparently there is something new with cards and some sort and socketing systems and what not. Would anyone please elaborate if possible? Skill changes? New content? New mechanics?

rank 8 simply made swordies the top dps
fencer c3 - strongest world bosser - added epee garde and baelstra which are godly skills that make fencer do tons of damage Epee garde is a skill that increases your critical attack by percentages (it multiples it) and baelstra is just a very strong skill, the new gem buff indirectly buffed fencer even more because you can stack yellow gems who give 400+ critical attack at 6+ stars and multiply it with epee garde.

dragoon c2 - 1 of the top pve performance builds in both aoe and single target, can both do world bossing AND ET very versatile build for multi purposes, can also farm 145 and 290 dungeons - they added a 100% bonus damage debuff to serpentine, this build has an insane dps output and in most situations is #2 dps after fencer, with the addition of insane aoe with the new skill dethrone. (dethrone has 16000 base damage, highest base damage in the game with the addition of spear lunge and serpentine 100% damage debuff that skill can deal TONS of damage)

Doppel C3- arguably the highest aoe dps in the game ATM when deeds of valor is stacked, not much to say since this is pretty obvious, DoV+cyclone is very op and ofc 2h swords are just strong as hell, great class. Also cleave 50% slash damage debuff from barbarian circle really made this class shine even more.
The rank 8 skills seem to be mediocre, but the true potential of this class comes from DoV, Cyclone, and redel with the new attribute acquired at rank 8 which requires lvl 6 redel. If i remember correctly it increases the damage by 180%.

Pretty much they punched in crazy percentage increases and very high base damages to the swordsman class and made it shine dps wise. They also buffed THE HELL out of barbarian, hoplite, and highlander classes, made all of them scale very nicely into late game which explains why the r8 swordsmen have such insane damage.
So basically the top dps swordsmen builds revolve around highlanders, hoplites, barbarians classes with a fencer, dragoon or doppel at higher ranks.

Edit: also a great build that i forgot to mention is the rodelero 3 shinobi murmilo build, you can look up videos of that classes, basically what they did is made murmilo have attributes that increases rodelero and peltasta skills by 300% and 400%, and all can used with clones so thats another 500% damage so you can see the synergy there, another great swordsman path. Even though a shield ninja seems weird, its pretty strong tbh
murmilo in general is an amazing class with both very high damage and tanking ability, great class combined with rodelero’s high kick.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the input. One strange thing was the fact that fedimian was EMPTY on EU. It felt weird. Also, How is the whole Sw2/3 vs Pelt 1 and Highlander vs Barb things going for a Fencer? IIRC cross guard from Highlander was crazy good with Fencer pierces but on the other hand the Barbs CCs were pretty useful both pve and pvp wise. Has any of that changed?

Quick edit: is our usual skill simulator updated? Ive heard things such as concentration had changed.

Channel crashed => all player shops gone

1 Like

It’s not fully up-to-date. Use this one instead

For changes done to Swordsman you can check this thread. Note that there’s also an older list inside (press the CLICK ME link on the first paragraph) which might have some information you have missed e.g. changes to Concentration, Guardian etc.

1 Like

Also, is the exp curve somehow changed or something? How is the leveling process right now? Is rerolling a lv 220+ char somewhat “faster”?

Guys which class to pick after sword2>hoplite2>cors2>shinobi? maybe cors 3 and hope to get a new dual wielding at rank 9?

Still the same. Still, more higher lvl alts=more team lvl=more exp bonus.
There’s a huge exp curve spike at 315 onwards iirc.

If you’re going to PvP Sw2’s Restrain and PB are fine, if going to focus more in PvE pick Pelt instead. Hop2Sair2Nobis and Sair3 are on a bad dead end right due to lack of good r8 options to go to.
They’re also lacking damage compared to r8 classes/circle3s that just came.
JollyRoger15 is still an awesome farming tool tho.

1 Like

Thank you mate. Yup i’m focusing only on pvp

I wish I was invited to an ET party one day… :sweat:

Do you guys know if somehow the exp penalty was removed or changed? At lv 42 in an alt char im still getting some exp from lv 17 mobs.

it was changed so that you always get exp in the 40 level range
and in the 20 level range, there is no penalty at all.

1 Like

that is so but so much better, thank you.

Completely off topic, do you guys know if the C3 costumes can be bought and traded 1:1 by another completely different account and class?

yes it can be bought by other classes and can be traded but other classes besides the specific C3 ‘can’t wear it’.

1 Like

Ended up reroling my 230+ fencer. Took me about a week to reach fencer c1 with every quest done so far. However, noticed something odd. Peltasta’s guardian, from lv 1 to 2, raises phys def 10%>12% but the atk penalty stays at 2%. Is the game rounding up values or is it in fact the very same penalty between the first two levels? Has anyone checked their phys atk between lvs 1 and 2? Sorry for bothering once again.

Probly just a tooltip typo error

value = 2 + 0.9 × ([Skill Level] - 1)

if you feel lazy use

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#113..41
and pick pelt rank 2 it shows the exact values per level rounded

1 Like

Yet another question. Considering ive used every quest and map exploration card up until Namu Temple Ruins (lv 176 map) on my second fencer to reach rank 6, how much of a pain train will it be to reach rank 7 again or even 8 if one factors in daily Siauliai (or whatever its spelled) missions under token + 10% team level exp bonuses?

I do realize this is stupidly specific of a question but i believe you guys get the point.

You should easily reach lv.200 from R6 doing missions and 190 full runs with a few exp cards. At that point, you can spend a day or two in an Alemeth party to reach R7.

From there you can resume questing again while doing grinds inbetween until you’re able to do 240 dungeon - shouldn’t take you too long.

lv.250+ to R8 you can solely do via exp card from quests, or grind (and save your cards), or both. Same goes for R8 to lv.317 (practonium quest).

1 Like