Tree of Savior Forum

Bot Greeting and Bot Attacking System

i don’t like the idea of auto afk too. it’s lazy and take away the fun.

also can be considered a mini bot XD

Auto AFK should get forbidden by rule and punished by GMs.

since it’s basically not a bot and the person doesn’t run a lot of client i’d say not immediately punished. but a person who does that got a notice, and 3 times notice means punishment. i believe that would be more fair.

Thing is it messes with others like kill steals for quests. But static spawns got removed iirc. We will see.
And a one function automatic procedure like holding a button pressed over a long time is technically a robot. And people do it with macro loops anyways.

1 Like

yes it’s an undesirable attitude which is why they are notified. but if you think they need fast harsh punishment then i’ll let you have your opinion XD

We live in a facebook/instagram/twitter/… world in which especially kids collect likes to make themselves feel good.
We already have a strange like system. But there could also be a dislike function which enables players to flag other people with bad manners. This could go far enough that after a certain threshold is reached players get something like a red skull for to many bad actions and then are open to Open World PVP meaning they can not attack others until attacked but can be attacked by anyone else and getting killed by good guys gives achievement points for something like a police rank.
Also solves the problem of toxic assholes as they sooner or later get punished this way. :wink:
How about it? @Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan

Hey @Sciguma,

Thanks for your suggestion. We’ll keep it in mind, but as it can be abused, we would have to put a lot of thinking into it before deciding anything. In the meantime, if you send a ticket with evidence (screenshots / videos etc) about toxic behavior, we’ll have an easier time tracking and acting upon such toxicity. Once again, thanks for your enthusiasm for Tree of Savior.

Signed,
Staff_Ethan

Thanks for the replay and for caring! :blush:
Never rush anything. But tickets and screenshots are a lot of work. In Dota they made a system that you regulary get a feedback how often you get reported and commended and it actually improved the situation a lot. People care for this. But cyber mobbing is a problem indeed. But as long as it is called Beta things can still be tested and observed how it goes. :slight_smile:

hey i didn’t get any credit (・∩・)

is my suggestion that bad Ethan?
@STAFF_Ethan < maybe i should use this.

@avc_largebanana Whoops, my bad :stuck_out_tongue: You did set the topic up after all. :wink:

Question good sir. Has holding the Z key been cleared officially as allowable since other classes like sorcerer and necro can AFK and still farm, as well as players with pets being able to AFK and farm.

Not sure if it has been officially announced or not for IToS yet.

what do you think? would my suggestino work ethan? at least answer me that.

@avc_largebanana Well, it may be hard to implement since there will be players from all over the world. It may also be abused by people with bad intentions. It doesn’t seem like a method we could use at the moment, sorry… :cry:
@Shadeborn Holding the Z key has not been officially cleared for iTOS. Whether that would count as a bot or AFK farming would be another matter all together since it depends on a more case by case basis.

alright i’m satisfied thankyou.

Thank you mate for the reply!

I hope you will also take my suggestion into consideration :no_mouth:

well let me ask you about that suggestion, first it’s really cool but there needs to be some kind of lore on how that reaper came to be.

second what if a person actually grind that way without bot or afk? will the reaper appear? also the bot can relog or just respawn and go there and do their thing again.

third and the most important question, can people hunt this reaper, like if it’s invincible until it kills the bot, after that can people actually hunt it for items and something? that would be really awesome. lol

I believe that was part of his plan, yeah. That’s why this reaper walks and attacks slow, so that legitimate players can easily avoid it

well an advanced bot can be programmed to dodge very slow attack too. it can even do captcha as far as i know, it can even do simple mini games as someone said.

Yeah. Well, hey, I am only answering your question. It’s not my idea or my argument. =P