Tree of Savior Forum

Does auto attack consider as botting?

Let’s say I just pinned the attack key with a paper clip or something to auto attack and wait some monster to spawn at a specific place, is it consider as bot even if I don’t use any 3rd party software?

It’s no where close to “botting” as you mentioned, no 3rd party software. I remember people do that often in games with afk timers, stucking an action key will keep you staying in game.

The entire definition of botting involves the use of 3rd party programs, so by definition alone it’d be a No. Whether it’s allowed, should be, but ppl may think you’re a bot since they behave similarly.

Good luck getting official word =( I’ve been trying since the start of icbt2 to get them to commit to a response.

The closest I came was (back when I was still Shadeborn):

IMC has yet to take an actual official stance on the matter though. I have several threads on the topic and countless others do as well.

I feel AFK+Z should be allowed, as if they did not like it happening, they would have changed the function by now to any number of different things. But I mainly am in favor of it because in icbt2 I was a Necromancer and I noted that I didn’t have to hold Z to afk grind effectively. I could simply sit there all night and my minions would farm for me. Kind of puts you on a whole other level of AFKness and restricting AFK+Z means other players wouldn’t be given the same advantages as pet classes. However I feel that macros (even those defined by hardware i.e. gaming mouse etc) should not be an option. There shouldn’t be any call for being able to set a macro to cycle through skills etc for you while you’re away.

1 Like

You may not acquire illicit gain through the means of deception or unfair methods.-TOS

If you are away from the keyboard and have something to hold in place it will fall under this “deception or unfair methods.” So you have to be playing the game.

Even if that is the case… sadly there isn’t a clause that states you must be giving the game your full attention.

I used an example of reading a good book in an earlier thread and I think that’s going to be my go-to example =P So… he can’t use a paperclip then. But… what if he physically holds the key with his finger (he’s playing the game and is present) but is reading a book at his desk?

Suddenly it changes things. He doesn’t have to reply to chats, and even if a GM popped beside him and asked a question (in the user’s native tongue even) then his attention would be in the book and not on-screen. But nowhere does it mention that you are not allowed to split your attention away from the screen while you are present at your computer and playing =P

Which… well, means that there would be no way to tell if a player is using a paperclip or a finger. Holding Z allows for continuous auto attacks, as made available to us by the game itself, and even if our attention is fully on-screen we could still choose to sit there and just hold one button. Even for a 48+ hour marathon of playing, with no sleep or poop breaks, we could just be holding Z with our finger and still be legitimately playing the game at our desk just staring at the screen lol

Sadly it really just comes down to IMC needing an official response to the age-old question because everything is a giant grey mess until they do.

1 Like