Tree of Savior Forum

Boruta is horrible designed

First of all is a bad idea to begin with, if EVERYONE was killing the boss EVERYONE will die from the aoe of people attacking so is bad idea to begin with.
Second is the thing of actually entering, you don’t have any invincibility in load screen so you probably die before you have entered, and when you die you go outside the map so you can’t do nothing about it to try to enter to die again.
So basically the first guild to enter will be the only to do some real dmg to the boss, everyone else is screwed and that is basically an unfun.

I think nobody really wants to play this event aside from the guild that will monopolize it everytime.

So some suggestions i though.
1st, the unused bot area make it the spawn, and there you are silenced and can’t attack.
2nd, put choose where from the upper area you appear, so at least you appear with your party.
3rd, make the boss bigger, so you don’t need to be that close to enemies in order to attack.
4th, make AT MAXIUM 4 different teams, may be one respawns at one side of the cube, and put the guilds on a team, and new guilds to enter go to the party with less members.

What’s your opinion about it? what you think they would make? (aside from the obvius of not being server wide)

12 Likes

It is pretty stupid that there is no invincibility upon entry, but this is coming from the same idiots that removed bloodletting to give beak mask 600% up time, and will in the future nerf it to 33% up time while not only not only not bringing back bloodletting up time but nerfing Modanfil up time to.

Same people who thinks it’s okay for Retis to pull everyone within 180 degrees of 2 screens into them and silence + snare them, following up by an easy 100-0.

Same people who will take the most bullshit class in the game (Linker) and turn it into a physical class but not offer armor exchange to cloth users.

Same people who think a mount that is always mountable and gives an increase in movement speed belongs Goddess Blessed Cube and not Leticia’s Cube, and also thinks once a year is enough of an appearance rate. While also being less than 1% drop from the cube.

Boruta should have a safe zone at spawn and boss probably should be bigger so you don’t die to AoE as a melee character while the enemies 11 Elementalists are casting Meteor, but the biggest flaw with this by far is the fact that it is mass “PvP” which is basically just turning PvP into PvE. They can’t possible expect any sort of real competition from this, it’s not meant for the better players to win, this is just whoever has the most people in the map gets a prize, everyone else gets a participation prize.

5 Likes

Everyone else gets nothing. You actually need to deal significant damage to be listed and even then you are probably sub 70%.

its almost like these skills are not meant to be 100% uptime and be used strategically instead of just auto pilot

:roll_eyes:

Everyone knows Boruta is going to be a shitshow. Just another case of devs being completely out of touch with their playerbase.

2 Likes

I’m curious if this content would be good if there was no lag, and they just nerfed cc’s and dmg overall in pvp areas to something reasonable.

The whole concept is crap.
Something that would have actually worked and provided some fun would be an instanced world boss for 20 people each and Boruta sharing HP across all instances. And no PVP of course.

3 Likes

Zergs win, obviously

For a guild-based PvPvE kind of situation like this, the only way to do it properly is to have it instanced and cap the number of entrants per guild.

Otherwise, everyone will just congregate into one super-guild and dominate the content.

1 Like

It would be fine if it was lets say additional rewards and after he is killed he can be raided for a single cube by normal parties for the same gear. But locking the only legendary trinkets in the game behind unfair pvp is… imc.

Just like muh RO. Glorious.
No, that game was not good, put off your nostalgia glasses, it was ■■■■.

They already have, Dynasty has like what, 60-70 players online, I know before re" build even launched the last card I party I did with them we had 54 folks online and had to divide up amongst multiple channels.

Im pretty sure Dynasty and Forbidden in just terms of players online probally look like atleast 4 to 1 of any other guild on Klaipedia. When new players open the guild promotion window they just click on the 1st or 2nd picture they see and everyone ends up in the same place.

The counter absolutely needs to be limiting guild participants, this cant be like Lotro pvp where its just my zerg is bigger then your zerg, we win.

Entries consume one Urbas Seal, an item which you can obtain by completing the Dragon Boruta quest or from monsters in fields of Lv 330 and above.

Dont know if many new players will farm or buy these just to enter it and get 1shot instantly.
Zerging it may not work for a long time.

I think boruta is a good idea to Korean server, wich have low population… but in Silute is completly impossible.

Ro woe was the best pvp content in any mmo.
I play it for like 15 years it just getting bored because the eu server is pretty dead now.

And i always liked the concept of godlike items <3

In Fedi there will one guild get the monopol on it and its not like in ro were you could overrun a defender to raid them like in ro…q.q

I was sceptical but still wanted to try out boruta.

My biggest issue right now is that it is open for 6(?) hours per day and is overlapping with other time slots that have a similar focus (gem feud/TBL).
Crashes are also a problem, as expected.
Then there’s the fact that boruta is PvPvE but WITHOUT PvP rules…
I don’t know… boruta itself seems to just auto attack most of the time and the PvP isn’t really enjoyable, either.

Would it be better without the PvP part? Maybe not, as all there would be left is the biggest HP sponge ToS has ever seen.

1 Like

Just another game content for whale guilds and players to dominate and capitalize on so they can dominate the market of Boruta Seals for themselves and for sale to be even richer to prepare for future content, while plebeian players have no choice but to pay out big money for them via market, join the whale guilds or wait for Boruta raid to be balanced somehow.

By the time that happens, new content will come out and the silver grind continues for plebeians who just spent on Boruta Seals while whale guilds and players saved up enough by then, same old same old. Happened to Velcoffer on release, now happened to Boruta raid. This raid just screams Gemstone Feud and Halloween Candy with its PvP aspect.

2 Likes

Join the insane rebellion forces, we shall conquer again!

1 Like

Pools Closed, guys.

As expected, in Silute the Boss is being dominated by a single guild and since the drop has no block like the World Boss, this single guild will monopolize the boss and his drops.

Biggest mistake implemented in the game since IMC decided to put CD in the drop of the World Boss cubes to avoid monopolizing them by guilds, as it is now with Boruta.

I do not see any problem in a boss where guilds compete in dps, however, disable pvp. It’s not possible that they thought this desing would be good on iTOS

Nothing is impossible with IMC