Tree of Savior Forum

Bokor Advice Mega Thread

@Sixaxis Thank you Six-senpai… I am in your debt, I will go forth and bring glory to my fellow Bokors. And make wheelchair zombies.

@Entoma HNNNGH…Dat video, the want is strong! I was on the fence about either C2 Druid or Lelz Doctor but the moment I saw Pandemic spread Hexing around my knees buckled. I think my fate has been sealed with Lelz Doctor.

I’ve changed my mind from going Cleric>Krivis>Bokor C3>Cleric>PD w/ Zombies to Non Zombie Cleric>Krivis>Bokor C2>Cleric>Druid/Pardoner>PD. Was wondering whether you thought Druid or Pardoner would be better for general PvE purposes. TY

@Sixaxis Thanks a lot for detail explanation of Bokor builds! I have been following this post everyday and learned a lot!

I was wondering if I am the only one that gets super annoyed by not knowing for sure whether Effigy is working or not while casting it. Do you guys have some tips about how to monitor it without checking the status bar of the Boss or 10 different mobs all the time? I know they turn blue when cursed but if it’s in dungeon the animation gets super messy with other skills from teammates.

I am curious about what would be the reason not to disable the use of effigy by default if there is no effective (i.e. cursed) target in range. It’s so depressing to spam effigy when later noticed that nothing is cursed except for my mana bar :frowning:

Would be nice to know about how other bokors feel about this :slight_smile:

Meh, those buffs don’t impress me. They’ll get my jealousy when the Devs implement the Archer Zombie and/or Zombie Capsule. :c

It rapidly recovers your HP up to the number it was at upon first using Healing Factor, at a rate of 0.05s-0.1s per tick. I’m unsure if it scales with anything, but very doubtful.

Example:

• You have 15k HP, and Healing Factor activated while your HP is at 10k.
  • Your HP gets quickly knocked down to 5k.
  • Healing Factor rapidly recovers HP back towards the 10k mark.

Glad to be of help. \o/

Well, I cast Hexing whenever it’s off cooldown. With Hexing’s debuff duration lasting longer than its cooldown, I don’t worry too much about it. If it’s the damage-range for Effigy you’re worried about, then just remember that Hexing and Effigy have the same cast range. If you can’t cast Hexing on a mob because you’re too out of range, then you won’t be able to damage an already Hex’d target with Effigy either.

1 Like

HI SixAxis, thanks for your repply. i change the build a bit from my Rank 5 Bokor.

Reducing Damballa to 3 then Samediveve lvl 7. need to comment :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw a post that Damballa is not a good help during party? I sthis because of the bounce after explosion?

Also, any advise on the skills Rack 7 PD ?

Heres a build im thinking of doing. Cleric 2, Bokor 3, Pally 1 and Kabbalist. Not sure if this is enough healing power to heal high level content, but does offer some nice wizard debuffs and effigy is pretty nice dps as well. Zombie shenanigans for soloing always helps. I guess the trade off is less cures for more SP renewal, Kabbalist + Pally 1 restoration aura. I really dont want to be a lemming and do PD…

Could also swop out Pally 1 for Cleric 3 or Oracle.

@Sixaxis Do you think that taking Kabbalist at rank 7 for Ein Sof lvl 5 would suffice the SP need for Effigy Spam (100% or almost uptime)?
Does anyone tried that already?

Saw that in action on a youtube video already, it works wonders. But the uploader removed it shortly afterwards.

Ein sof recovers your sp instantly btw.

But plague doctor’s pandemic is also really nice for bokors.

Holy ■■■■, it’s too good. I’ll 5/5 it in every PD build from now on.

Also, I did some testing today. Zombies do Dark damage with their attacks.

Enchant Fire and Reflect Shield doesn’t work on zombies as well.

\o/

• Cleric

• This is fine.

• Krivis C1/C2

• This is fine.

• Bokor C1/C2/C3

• This is fine.

• Plague Doctor

• It’s… empty!!!

Yeah, the knockback will just send them flying back and slow down the party kill speed, so you have to make sure that Damballa is actually going to finish the monsters off before you use it in situations like that. Hexing the monsters before using Damballa will help with this, since Damballa is Dark-attribute magic.

Well, any of the PD’s with “This is fine.” above you will work. Just make sure that:

• Healing Factor should be at least [3]
  • Incineration should be at [5]
  • Bloodletting should be at least [2]
  • Fumigate should be at [1]
  • Pandemic should be at least [1]
  • Beak Mask should be at [0] (Unless you’re in love with the bird-look)

^Other than that, do what you want with the remaining points.

[quote=“gtsdart1969, post:130, topic:168367, full:true”]
Heres a build im thinking of doing. Cleric 2, Bokor 3, Pally 1 and Kabbalist. Not sure if this is enough healing power to heal high level content, but does offer some nice wizard debuffs and effigy is pretty nice dps as well. Zombie shenanigans for soloing always helps. I guess the trade off is less cures for more SP renewal, Kabbalist + Pally 1 restoration aura. I really dont want to be a lemming and do PD…[/quote]

Should drop that Pally 1, as it doesn’t have any synergy with the rest of your Ranks. In my opinion, Cleric C2 definitely isn’t enough unless you’re playing with a pre-made party that knows what they’re doing, so you should grab Cleric C3 if you’d like to be semi-support.

I doubt 100% uptime if you’re constantly mashing the Effigy key down, but it’s still pretty good, especially since you could choose to throw it on a party member instead (Although nothing eats up SP like Bokor).

Nupe :c You should’ve been here in iCBT1, when Zombies ran around with Sacrament / Blessing / Monstrance on them.

It was probably beautiful. As of now, there is no harm if they allowed that kind of damage buff to go with zombies. They don’t do that much of damage to begin with after all. :frowning:

Also, I dropped the Druid idea. I’m going either Pardoner or Cleric C2 for Rank 6. Having druid with a zombie Bokor doesn’t helps much. Focusing on the debuffs/Incineration sounds better.

I thought about it and decided I should drop Pardoner and go for the cookie-cutter Cleric2, since Cleric1 alone is not keeping PUGs alive. I also looked into the market and realized Daino scrolls don’t really make much money (prob look into a dedicated Pardoner build for another alt later). Any final say on dropping Discerning Evil for Cleric2? Is it really good or just “nice to have”?

Here’s the final build:

I have Hexing 10 live right now, will prob use a skill reset to drop it back to 5, it’s a waste since Pandemic will take care of AoE anyways. Decided to put points into Zombify up to 9 instead to minimize down-time.

Really good; I’m surprised it wasn’t nerf’d along with Plague Doctor. But note that I’m only here to give advice, not directions. If you’d prefer going Cleric over Pardoner then that’s entirely your decision and the only time I’d suggest an entire Rank change is when it has little to no synergy at all.

For example, I went Priest C2 and Kabbalist for a Mackangdal->Damballa->Revive->Damballa->Revenged 7x [Trigger]->Damballa combo on Zombies (Yet to reach Kabbalist in any version), which isn’t as optimal and easy to pull off as the Krivis/PD builds in the thread, but still works. As long as it has some use in combat, then it’s fine.

As for your build, the whole thing’s fine. \o/

I’m looking to make a bokor, but I am honestly confused about how to balance out effigy / hex and zombies.

Plus the glyphs don’t seem to be that decent.

Is what I came up with, but it was more guess work than any knowledge.

Would appreciate guidance as I don’t want to be a detriment to bokors! xD

Welcome to the club. \o

As for your build:

• Cleric

• You don’t need that many points into Deprotected Zone. Just Lvl 1 is good enough, because you’ll have 11 seconds of uptime with the Attribute and this is a skill you’d only use on Boss monsters.
    Changes: Remove 4 points from Deprotected Zone -> Add 4 points to Safety Zone.

• Krivis

• This is fine.

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• Mackangdal is at 0, and this is a ‘staple’ skill which means that it should never be left at 0 in any build. We’ll take one point from Zombify for it.
    Changes: Remove 1 point from Zombify -> Add 1 point to Mackangdal

• Bokor C3

• Zombify doesn’t need to be that high-leveled, since you only need a maximum of 15 Zombies (Including Attribute, and Monster Gem if you’re willing to farm for it for hours on end). So reduce 2 to 3 points from Zombify, and add them to Effigy and then Samediveve if you have a point leftover and want to farm a Samediveve Gem from the Tombsinker in Royal Mausoleum 2F to properly get the half-effect from it. Otherwise, the last point to Hexing.
    Changes: Remove 2 points from Zombify -> Add 2 points to Effigy
    OR
    Changes: Remove 3 points from Zombify -> Add 1 point to Samediveve/Hexing.

Thanks a lot for the guidance.

I don’t really understand Mackangdal as it sounds like you’ll instantly kill the ally you throw it on. Which is why I was unsure of it.

As for stats, would you recommend INT / CON or INT / CON / SPR. At the moment I’ve been putting points in INT.

I wanted to try this too and it seems to be broken right now [?]. Zombies die after Mackangdal ends but don’t deal damage.

Edit :At least Damballa damage fix is coming =_=

Do you could do a build , focused on pvp bokor , for me?(and stats points)

No, they’ll take all of the damage that they accumulated while Mackangdal was buffed on them at the end. It can be cancelled by stepping into Safety Zone.

1:3:1 CON/INT/SPR (Every 5 points)
Put points into CON, not exceeding the maximum amount of 20%, until you’re satisfied with your survival rate. Put points into SPR, not exceeding the maximum amount of 20%, from anywhere between 50 and 100. All extra points from CON and SPR after the cut-off point will be put into INT, ontop of its 60%.

? It works for me. I cast Mackangdal -> I cast Damballa -> Damballa damages the enemy and not my Zombies. The enemy gets hit the moment Damballa triggers, and not after Mackangdal wears off (That’s just the Zombies).

I read about the Damballa fix but I’m not so sure what was wrong with it, although I haven’t been paying attention to my Damballa damage to see if it’s adding up right.

I don’t like giving fully pre-made builds, but your first 5 Circles could be:

From Rank 6 and up, you could go either:
Druid -> Plague Doctor | Telepath enemies into Zaibas or Carnivory.

Bokor C3 -> Plague Doctor | Improved Effigy / Mackangdal / Samediveve.

Druid or Bokor C3 -> Kabbalist | Same as above, except Kabbalist this time for Reflect and SP recovery. Merkabah isn’t easy to pull off in PvP unless the enemy is standing still, so keep that in mind.

Stat points would beee… I’d like to say the usual 1:3:1, but more CON should be focused on in this case. So 1:2:1 CON/INT/SPR, stop SPR as soon as it hits 50 points, at which point it becomes just 1:2 CON/INT.

Tried again just now and it works fine =_=’ Ah, whatever.

And Damballa was is bugged. When mobs are surrounded by zombies they may become immune to auto-targeting spells like magic circles/Hexing/Damballa. Sometimes I am lucky enough to cast my Gore Shower right into huge pack of mobs and deal no damage at all.

If your skill level in Damballa is high its hard to notice since if zombie that caused bug dies mobs receive remaining explosions just fine.