Tree of Savior Forum

Bokor Advice Mega Thread

@Sixaxis Thanks again, man! You’re da man. Just one question, for my Build 4, for rank 6, is any class better there other than Pardoner to put there in its place? It seems such a waste taking the class just for DE and Magic Defense boost, but not being able to make use of Simny T_T. Druid 1, or any other choice, what would be better?

Druid 1 is pretty much your only other choice to swap out Pardoner with and not lose too much. Krivis C1 that late in Ranks won’t do much for you in comparison to just Pardoner’s Discerning Evil alone, and Cleric C3 is… well, Cleric C3.

If you’re not to happy with Druid 1 either, then you might as well opt for a ‘fun’ Rank, where you choose whatever you want regardless of optimization. You lose DPS, but you gain the most valuable thing of all: Enjoyment. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Nah but really, Pardoner or Druid or Oracle in that order)

I’ll probably end up getting Druid, since Carnivory can help in the DPS, Chrosmata can count as a debuff (?), and telepath has it’s pvp uses.

Thanks again, you are a serious helper, I’m glad. And you seem to be one of the few people who seems to not condone zombies and Damballa. Everyone else just trash at them all the time

@Sixaxis Is this a Bokor self-help thread? Count me in pls I want to be a part of the hipster club that is unloved bokor

i’m currently cleric>krivis>krivis>bokor, aiming on going bokor>druid>druid. I know PD is apparently lelzgood but how good is it? I wanted to go druid for the Carnivory goodness (and druid transform looks fun!) but how much deeps does the PD put out? I don’t know much about it other than STOP ALL THE AILMENTS. If PD has TheDeeps.jpg then I might switch druid to PD but druid still looks super fun.

By the way, in my curent build I’m only hexing/effigy, I was sad to find that having hexing 4 doesn’t acutally hex 4 targets. The first time I went into a dungeon as bokor I felt really helpless and I didn’t know what to do, the only thing I can do is zaibas since killing 1 monster with effigy takes half of my mana. Then in Bokor 2 I was gonna get samediveve and mackangdal.

I feel like I should put the point I was going to use for hexing 5 into zombies , just to feel vaguely useful in a party. But I heard that zomboids still eat heal tiles and they still suck ass. What do?

Sixaxis, thanks for reply!
The problem is, I wanted to go c3 Bokor, but with this I am limited to c2 of Paladin or Monk. Paladin is nice, but much more useful on c3, and I am slightly put off by monks, so dont want to go monk, lol. PD or Druid would be fine, but afaik, they scale with INT… Or maybe I shouldn’t go Bokor c3, but Damballa is super nice, and buffs for zombies, and so on… So I’m still facing dilemma for now.

Hey guys,

I have a question too. I’m currently cleric>krivis>krivis>bokor.

I am planning to go bokor C2 and PD at the end. However, the 6th circle i am torn between Bokor C3 and Druid C1. Can anyone enlighten me on which is a better choice for C6?

Cheers!

T-Thank you, goshujin-sama.

1. I see. I could see the +2 AoE attack ratio somewhat a good thing, but I guess nope. +1 should be enough anyway.

2. I figured so. I didn’t know about that Revenged Sevenfold, it will be hilarious if it works on pets. But for that purpose I guess I could also use zombies themselves. So, the skulls end up doing damage over time as long as they are still there (duration/not broken)?

3. Yeah, it seems like the hotspot. I’m planning to grind those Pawnds for the gem (never tired of Gilt Helms anyway) someday, so 14 zombies cap should be enough.

3.5) I see. So Damballa keeps exploding as long as there are zombies alive in the area of effect? I thought it was an instant effect once it detonated. I guess I’ll try to find a video of it in kToS/iToS.

1. So Hexing should be kept as high as I can. If I plan to take Meme Doctor I don’t need to have 10 Hexing as long as I can spread it with Pandemic, correct?

2. I guess I may end up with Druid C1 for a “weak” Carnivory and Meme Doctor for Incineration/Hexing spread.

About the build…

No SPR in the build at all. So my Deprotected Zone would feel awkward. In the high levels it wouldn’t make a difference, so I just kept it at 0.

About Zalciai, yeah, I messed up. I’ve created my Bokor and leveled it up to 50 a while ago and stopped playing with her because… I dunno.

About Ogouveve, yeah. Will do.

And oh, now that I’m really planning to go Meme Doctor, should I skip Healing Factor in order to maximize Pandemic? Or are 13 new targets an overkill for Hexing 5? Currently I’m putting HF 0, Inc 5, Memeletting 3, Fumigate 1, Pandemic 5 and Mask 1 (muh looks).

Thanks for everything~

@froz3n_mage
If you are focusing on zombies, Bokor C3 surely. Damballa too stronk. Having more points in Effigy/Samediveve/Hexing is also good.

I have a similar build like yours, with no zombies. Going Cleric>Kriv>Kriv>Bokor> Bokor>Druid> PD or Druid?

I read somewhere that its always better to pick the higher rank class. Ie PD has better skills than Druid?. Not too sure if that is true though.

If they open up rank 8, than I would go PD first than take my second rank Druid after PD.

How much SPR do you have? I have 50 in SPR right now. While effigy still burn my mana out quite a bit (not half though), the recovery rate for mana is pretty fast at 50 SPR. I am lvl 111 right now, and I do 800-1k dmg per effigy hit for mobs around my level range.

Rude… Le glare

1 Like

Yeah I also have 50 spr, I pump the rest into int and some con. Just feels like a waste to use all that sp to do the same dmg that a swordsman can do in 3 hits.

I’m not sure how strong PD actually is, if Incinerate is good I might pick r7 PD over druid, or if using Pandemic to spread hexing around is actually good in use and not just in theory. Otherwise PD is too supporty for me and I just want to wreck face, not cure people’s conditions.

I did find out why I always feel weak though, cuz I don’t have anything to attack singular monsters… no auto attack, using hexing/effigy to defeat low hp mobs with an 8s cd is like cutting off your arm to stop a cut from bleeding, same with zaibas and cure’s cd is ridiculously long (for something that gets interrupted by a monster poking me half of the time, anyway). I don’t know if this will ever get rectified though. Having no way to farm very well kinda sucks, because I have to wait 8 seconds to kill something, which is a long time when an autoattacking person can just go monster to monster without having to worry about any CD.

I am considering adding more into SPR after i get my CON to 50. I still do not think I have enough SP, but maybe this build is just that consuming in mana, so I might just have to rely on large mana pots…:frowning:

I can totally understand your point of view about the long cd for Hexing. But after doing krivis for 2 ranks and always waiting for Zaibas and cure to CD (the longest 20+sec of my life :p), I totally welcome the 8s hex cd. I count my hex/effigy combo as my semi single target attack (since sometimes it hexes 4 mobs at once) >>.

It is true though compared to archers and swordsman it takes us longer to kill normal mob IF our skills are on cool down. But, think of the awesome damage output hex+zaibas+zalciai+cure does to bosses and mobs. And in combination with our later rank as Druid, we will do even more dps. Plus we can heal ourselves, and they cant :stuck_out_tongue:

Bokor+PD vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMJTjlg6Kw
She/he went cleric 2 though. This is his/her skill build: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4131445e.1a2a35415361.11243545.1a2a5575.2565.11253554

You should level hexing at least because skill points after 225 are kinda scarce. You get like 8 skill point at level 250, and you really want at least Bloodletting 1, Incineration 5. Pandemic level 1 does jacksh-err-almost nothing in terms of spreading debuffs, as grinding forest showed today, I’d rather level Healing Factor first.

What about SPR in physical bokor build? Should I level it, or not?

Went krivis 2 and than Bokor 2, soloing is great! lol. I really like the splash attribute for zaibas. I went pure int build though, 50 in SPR and 40 in Con right now . And I did not take any zombies, maybe thats why it is easier. I find the dmg output for zombies kinda lame.

Unless you go with this type of dex zombie build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtDTLxWx1M8

Thanks for the replies guys.

I’m concerned cause if I go druid C1 > PD, it will be better to play no zombies with only Bokor C2. However, if I went Bokor C3 > PD, It will be better to play damballa. Does is damballa damage or carnivory damage better?

Also, from the posted videos, seems like “the plant skill from druid for carnivory changes the monster to plant type” is not a debuff. Hence, it does not contribute to incineration.

1 Like

Welcome to the cul-- club. \o/

If you find Druid funner, then you should go with Druid. Although in terms of DPS, Incineration outranks Carnivory Rank 2 considering you have access to 6+ debuffs (Deprotected Zone, Zalciai, Stigma, Hexing, Effigy: Blind, Chrotasmata. Not including Aukuras in this since its cooldown is huge) for +12 extra seconds duration towards Incineration and in a party your other members will usually provide a total of at least 2 more themselves. You’re also not capped to X amount of hits, and Incineration is applied via debuff state so they’ll still take damage when moving around.

You’ll have to carry SP pots with you literally at all times thanks to Effigy and use them the moment your SP hits 50%. If you’re really worried about DPS contribution, then you can summon a Zombie and use Tet Mamak La to DPS without letting the Zombie touch the skulls, because he’ll pick it up (This is really hard to pull off consistently in dungeons since you have to throw a skull elsewhere to keep the Zombie from reaching your DPS ones, and use your Heal tiles on your Zombie to keep it alive). You could alternatively buy the Wheelchair attribute from the Bokor NPC and take 1 Wheelchair Zombie with you to the dungeon, and thanks to his higher IQ, he’ll go towards your Tet Skulls but won’t pick them up, meaning you can Tet DPS freely. Hexing is only going to be able to hit 4 targets if they’re small-size monsters since the AoE ratio is increased per level and not literally the amount of targets, and small-size usually have–
Link: Question Bokor Hexing

Even being only Hexing/Effigy, this is pretty much what your Bokor C2 build would look like after 30 points:

• Hexing: 9 points
  • Effigy: 10 points
  • Tet Mamak La: 1
  • Zombify: 3
  • Mackangdal: 1
  • Bwa Kayiman: 1
  • Samediveve: 5

Mackangdal and Bwa Kayiman don’t need to be past Lvl 1 since their scaling is bad (PvE-wise for Mackangdal), and even though you’re not interested in the Zombie, Hexing got dropped by 1 point for Zombify at 3 so you could grab the Wheelchair Zombie attribute for easier use of Tet throwing. You can do that now @ C1.

If you’re building towards physical damage, you handicap yourself too much by focusing on magic DPS classes. The reason I suggested Paladin/Monk as a make-sure choice, is because playing with only Bwa Kayiman for DPS is verrry boring. I can’t even properly put it into words atm, because boring is an understatement. I’m already forced to use it myself in dungeon runs without a Cleric C2 or Priest C2 even though I’m MDPS, because it knockdown-locks mobs indefinitely which is something I hope nerf’d, but even though it’s efficient, it’s not enjoyable being able to be useful to the party by holding 1 button the entire run and this will actually make you bored of the class itself if that’s all you’re doing with it.

If you don’t plan on going Pal or Monk, then I’d highly advise you head towards the MDPS route and just keep an upgraded Sword and Arde Dagger in your swap-weapons slot for when you wanna use Bwa Kayiman.

If you invested into the Zombify skill, then Bokor C3 is the better choice thanks to Damballa. Without Zombify invested into, meaning no Damballa, then it’d be 60/40 to me, 60 being for Druid.

It does@Pet Revenged 7X. Main reason I say it’s broken is because an end-game boss should be able to almost one-shot those Skulls, and with about 10 of them down before using Revenged 7X, it’s going to take that damage back onto itself along with the Skulls being protected once and able to continue dealing damage. Skull duration is about 20s, and you can throw down as many as your fingers let you.

Yup, although it will only affect each Zombie once, and Damballa lasts about 5 seconds before disappearing if its charges haven’t been used up. Here’s a vid (Prior to +200% damage buff):

Well, you don’t ‘need’ to have it at Lv10, but yeah, you can allocate some of your points elsewhere.

I’d take 2-3 of those points out of Pandemic for HF, since the usefulness of potentially saving yourself from a death outranks some extra debuff spread. You people and your bird-mask. :c

Mm. Nah.

Damballa = Better situational damage.
Carnivory = Better accessible damage.

Although it’s not hard to have access to Zombies accessible to Damballa with, and Carnivory is arguably only better with single targets, so Damballa would be the better skill damage-wise.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply @Sixaxis!

Do you have any idea if zombies for GvG will be viable (not PvP in arena)? If it is not very viable to raise zombies in GvG, I might go druid instead.

Also, my zombify is currently lvl 3 (in case i don’t go C3 bokor). Is it still okay to go for druid at C6 or did i just waste 3 points? ):

GvG is a mess right now. I personally hold little interest in it until this FPS issue is fixed, and I don’t think you should either to be honest. If you’re referring to the upcoming GvG Arena though, then I guess Zombies would be useful there as they stay alive and lower FPS around your radius after you die, and you can spam-throw Tet Mamak La Skulls onto the enemy tower since they multi-hit and the Tower only takes 1 damage per hit. You could also use the Zombies with Bwa Kayiman to spam knockdowns on enemy players. You’d need to find some traps to throw Zombify down on though or get a Sorcerer/Necromancer to look your way and send their summons at you so you could kill them inside your Zombify first though.

Zombify should be at least 3 in all Bokor builds, as you have nothing else to really spend those points on. It doesn’t affect your C6 decision either way.

Seems like making zombies is quite a problem in GvG/Arena! Being too reliant on zombies related skills doesn’t seem too good for PvP (no zombies = no spells)! PVE is ok I guess.

I watched some druid related videos. Does chrotasmata really provide a debuff for the plant attribute? I dont seem to see any debuff on the mobs even when they stand in the chrotosmata.

Thank you so much for your replies! I’ll do more research and see if there are any questions!

I’m jealous of kToS players.

1. Bokor
    Effigy
  • Damage has been increased. (Base Damage 170 → 185)
    Bwa Kayiman
  • Damage has been increased. (Base Damage 105.3 → 130.3, Damage Increase per level 33 → 36)
    Damballa
  • Damage has been increased. . (Base Damage 485 → 505, Damage Increase per level 120 → 130)

Source: http://pastebin.com/piz4KJq4

@Sixaxis
I figured so. Thanks for the Damballa video. The black cloud stays in the same place for 5~ seconds and it will detonate in waves as long as there are new zombies and the cap wasn’t reached? It looks good, actually.

About the PD skills, I still have no idea how Healing Factor actually works. Is it a heal over time? Does it scale with magic attack, amplification, INT, SPR or is it fixed? How much does it actually heal? Just the skill description amount? It looks kinda weak, although it can be helpful. Sounds like an Aukuras/Regeneration combo, but weaker.

I ended up with that build:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#413444ae.15253441.15233245.152f31495161778195.153585.11253554

For those building Cleric C2/Bokor C2/Druid C1/PD, here is a video of a korean using that. It’s not a zombie build tho.

His/her build:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4131445e.1a2a35415361.11243545.1a2a5575.2565.11253554

1 Like