Tree of Savior Forum

Bokor Advice Mega Thread

So, decided I wanted to take Bokor to circle 2, not sure if this was a good option or not. I dont have much of an idea where to go with the character as i cant find much about Bokor.

Was just hoping for some advice on where i could go with this, as the end result. Like to know the journey im going to be taking before i take it!

My current stats are:

Cleric:

Krivis:

Bokor:

I really hope someone can help! Suggest any changes, and further developments! Will take all comments on board.

:smiley:

1 Like

Need to know what classes you’re going for @ Rank 5-7 (Unless you only want advice for this Bokor C2 selection). You can use this: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/

• Raise Mackangdal to ‘1’. It doesn’t need to be raised any higher since it’s only +1 second per level (Unless you were planning to do Arena PvP often with this and going for Bokor C3, in which case, you max Mackangdal).

• If possible, (I don’t know if that Bokor C2 point allocation is a preview or already confirmed) lower Bwa Kayiman to ‘1’. It’s physical damage, and your build is magic damage, so Bwa Kayiman should only be at 1 so you can move your Zombies around the map faster.

• Raise Samediveve to Lvl 9 if you’re going Bokor C3. Leave it at 0 if you’re not.

• Raise Hexing to Lvl 4. It increases the AoE Ratio (Number of affected targets) to 5.

3 Likes

I dont know what im doing after Bokor 2, think will leave it there.

Thanks so much for the advice! Curious though where I could go with what you suggested. What would the end goal be?

Do you have any suggestions for 5,6,7,?

Wow, I’m planning on doing a really similar build as well. I’ve already gone Cleric>Krivis>Krivis and Bokor soon with almost full INT like you. Tell me how it works out!

Kay, if you’re not going Bokor C3, then the end result would be this:

As for R5-7, that’s up to you (I don’t want to put you on a one-road track), but I’ll tell you what not to choose:

• Priest: It’s too late to start a Priest at this point and have it actual be noticeably useful in parties, especially if there’s another Priest.

• Monk: Monk is a Physical DPS class. You could still manage to go that path from here, but your Monk would be un-optimized unless you reset both your Stats and Skill points, and even then, the build would be weird. So if you’re interested in making a Monk, it’s better to create a new character.

• Krivis C2: Much better options now that you’re at C5, so never go back to this.
    Also for future reference, Zalciai shouldn’t be leveled past 3 because the level-scaling on its effect is very low. Leveling it to 3 gives you access to the “Zalciai: Enhance” attribute, and you don’t benefit from going further.

(Actually, if you do choose a Rank 7 class for R7, I’d recommend Plague Doctor since you already have access to 3-4 debuffs)

Have fun!

You’re amazing Sixaxis!

I have fixed my build now to look like that!

Yeah i was thinking Plague Doctor for R7 (if i ever get there), just need to figure out what to do in between. I like the idea of being general support with DPS.

Im very interested in the following, would you mind providing your opinions of them, in terms of PD synergy. (Will list them in rank order im thinking of getting).

Cleric2 -> Oracle -> Plague Doctor

Diev -> Diev2 -> PD

Cleric 2 -> Pardoner -> PD

Also like some skills from paladin if they would work.

Again you have my deepest gratitudes! Your advice is fab! :thumbsup:

Hmm mate i will hijack thread a bit, would like to know your opinion right now im cleric - krivis - krivis,

my initial plan was to go c1-krivis c2 - bokor c3, but I think that I would hate myself for using zombies, they look too clunky for my tastes, so do you think that going something like cleric c2 - krivis c2 - bokor c2 - pd might make sense? Not sure how good is bokor c2 non zombie

1 Like

Im not really using Zombies now, focusing a lot on hexing and effigy. Which is quite strong at level 10.

Using the zombies as a wall of flesh to take hits for me, and do some little dps.

Hi @Sixaxis, may I confirm with you, on which levels does Hexing Aoe increase?
I am trying to create a Cleric 1 - Krivis 1 - Bokor 3 - Cleric 1 - PD 1.
Planning to get max Effigy and Damballa, 9 in Zombify and 7 in Samediveve and 5 in Hexing, with the rest at level 1.
Do you think that I need to change certain point allocations?

1. I personally don’t see the appeal in Oracle for PvE combat-wise. I suppose it’s nice if you like the ‘gambling’ skills it has.

2. Diev 2 is okay, and you get 2 debuffs out of it for PD’s Incineration skill.

3. Discerning Evil for use with Incineration, and Simony for selling Daino scrolls! \o/ You’ll have less fun than you would playing the other 2 classes though.

Paladin’s a physical damage class, and one of those classes that should be taken to C3 rather than grabbing 1 rank. I forgot to include this one in the classes not to take (I’d recommend grabbing this at Rank 4).

C2 Non-Zombie is fine, although I’d still recommend having a few points in Zombify because they can serve as distractions/aggro’ers towards monsters. Unless you’re aiming for doing PvP with this, then yeah, the Zombies aren’t going to help you in your build. Just pool into Hexing and Effigy; it’ll still be useful even at R7 (Especially at R7).

+1 AoE Ratio per level. Mob Defense Ratio can decrease how many targets you hit at once (And Large-sized will do this guaranteed if they’re in the group). At Hexing Lvl 5, you’d generally hit 5-6 targets on small grouped monsters. I wouldn’t recommend going past Lvl 10; it’s unnecessary + you have Plague Doctor with Pandemic.

^Just confirming this is what it looks like. If so then yes, this is fine. Once you’re done leveling, you can try to grab a Damballa Gem from the monster Siaulamb Shaman in the map Uskis Arable Land. An exploded Zombie has a chance of spawning another Zombie at full health without the Attribute, so you’ll be able to get more hits in immediately (On Bosses, because monsters will be knocked back if there’s enough space behind them).

Something like this is fine, or would you change some classes / skills?

Thank you for all ideas.

• Cleric

• If you’re investing at least 20% of your Status Points into SPR, then remove 1 point from Cure and place it in Deprotected Zone. It’s good for Boss fights, since you’ll rarely be in a dungeon party where everyone is doing magic damage.

• Krivis

• You don’t need that many points into Daino, even if you were Priest C3 / Chaplain. Remove 5 points from it and place them into Aukuras.

• Divine Stigma is underwhelming in late game. Those points would be better off in Aukuras, so remove 3 points from Divine Stigma and place them into Aukuras.

• Bokor

• For the first Circle of Bokor, you only spent 5 of your 15 points. Mackangdal shouldn’t be leveled past 1 unless your build is aimed at PvP (This game has equalized Arena PvP and Guild PvP). Only half of Samediveve’s effect applies to you, and 3 points for +3 movement speed for PvE doesn’t do much (It’s +10% Movement speed from your current base movement speed). Here’s a fixed version:

However, if you really want that Movement Speed, you can go for it instead of +3 points into Zombify.

• Plague Doctor
  • Beak Mask isn’t necessary for PvE seeing as you’re a ranged DPS, so you won’t be exposed to contact debuffs often. It’s better to remove that 1 point from Beak Mask and place it into Fumigate.
1 Like

Divine stigma is amazing late game. When you have 7 rank ups, divine stigma is pretty much increased by 70%. Aukuras is useless late since it’s only flat hp. It’s decent for zombies while leveling and as a soft taunt, but daino will always be relevant. Linker, thaumaturge, priest, and even you. Swordsman will generally max there buffs on their own, so taking daino is always recommended.

And fumigate is only useful for incinerate, something that cant hit without debuffs. When you have maxed bloodletting and only 5 seconds down time on it, you dont need fumigate. Don’t listen to this guy op

1 Like

‘Amazing’ late-game is being able to actively deal out 5-digit numbers of total damage within a short period of time. I suggested for him to decrease Stigma from 5 to 2 (STR/INT +43 to STR/INT +22). At Rank 7 / Lv280, even if you poured all of your points into INT (Which I wouldn’t recommend), the bonus you’d get from a Lvl 5 Stigma would be roughly 50 points more than Lvl 2. So you’re getting a +50 M-ATK difference even with all those stat points invested, and no, the +50 INT added to Heal and Cure’s formula does not make it amazing either.

Leveling Aukuras also reduces your HP recovery time and increases the torch duration; this makes it far from useless, and it’s a better investment than taking 3 points from it for Stigma.:

Wait what? Fumigate is used to cure status ailments of allies, so how does it work with Incinerate? That aside, Beak Mask only protects yourself and not your party members. A Ranged DPS isn’t going to be exposed to debuffs often enough to warrant taking it over Fumigate, which cures your allies. Fumigate also cures up to Rank 3 debuffs, while Bloodletting only prevents up to Rank 2.

You know what? You’re right, no one listen to me because I have no idea what I’m talking about and everything I just said in this post is wrong. Go on Mikey, since you know more than me, please help the other guys with their Bokor circles since you only covered Krivis and Plague Doctor. I hope I could learn something from this too, since I’ve played in 3 CBT’s/kToS and still can’t even get Krivis info right.

Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

Incinerate is the only rank 3 debuff. Everything else is rank 2 or lower excluding a few lvl 10 debuffs hence bloodletting is good enough as he’ll have 100% up time with divine might.

Ok, aukuras is pretty strong. But i’d rather have points into more damage than having aukuras because going pd gives you healing factor in addition to your 10 tile heal. Not to mention he’s only krivis 2 so he wont have lvl 16 aukuras. He’s not even going zombie bokor so he cant fully utilize aukuras either.

Lastly, divine stigma+ effigy is strong. 3.11 max scaling+ 30% with hexing dark attribute is like having int 3.4 times more effective int stat without even including rank up bonus or damage attribute bonus

@Sixaxis Thanks for your input =)
Yes, sorry I could have linked you my planned build lol.
Here it is.
My build as of now is 1 con : 2 int : 2 spr
Might stop with the con once it reaches 50-100ish?
Hope you can advice on this stat build too, thank you!

I wouldn’t recommend that 40% SPR, at least not in the long run. I can’t tell exactly how much HP a Zombie gains from SPR, but I don’t believe it’s much. You should consider lowering it to 20%. The CON stating is okay.

@Your build:

• Cleric C1

• Safety Zone is a must in all Cleric builds, because it blocks damage for everyone who’s standing in the Zone. Remove 1 point from Cure, and 4 points from Deprotected Zone and place them into Safety Zone (I know you wanted to make use of the SPR for Deprotected Zone, but the trade-off for Safety Zone is better).

• Krivis

• Consider removing 2 points from Aukuras for Zalciai (Zalciai @ Lvl 3). Zalciai gives an Attribute that can only be unlocked at lvl 3 Zalciai, that raises the critical attack it gives up to 100 extra.

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Bokor C3

• This is fine.

• Cleric C2

• Remove the extra 1 point added to Safety Zone, and the extra 2 points added to Deprotected Zone, and add them to Divine Might. Cleric C2’s points should now be:
    [Heal: 10] [Cure: 10] [Safety Zone: 5] [Deprotected Zone: 1] [Divine Might: 3] [Fade: 1]

• Plague Doctor

• Remove 1 point from Beak Mask and place it into Pandemic. The reason for that is shown below.

So that’s what you meant. Most if not all of relevant monster and player debuffs are under Rank 3. This doesn’t invalidate that Beak Mask isn’t necessary for PvE and that Fumigate is better-- especially since Bloodletting only prevents debuffs, so if a party member was hit by a debuff without Bloodletting applied, then buffing it afterwards wouldn’t get rid of the debuff. He also has something more useful for future content.

The only way for him to have 100% uptime with Bloodletting is to also remove all points from Pandemic and add them to Bloodletting, which is a personal choice, but not one I’d make.

I’d rather have more points into damage too, but not if the damage is a worse trade-off than something that gives recovery. That Healing Factor is only for one person even at max level, and the Krivis 2 Aukuras won’t be on the same level as the one in the video but it’ll still be decent recovery @ Lv11. The Aukuras for Zombies is just a side bonus; the main use for it is the party.

Hexing Attr+Effigy by itself is strong. That damage boost from Divine Stigma including the Rank-Up Bonus isn’t adding much to it.

So, could you look over Wadeva’s build real quick, since he shouldn’t be listening to me?

Wait a minute. Didn’t they remove that annoying knockback in KToS?

I think you might have made an error on my cleric 2 haha.
I’m planning to go level 1 or 2 on safety wall because of the new attribute that allows it to go up to 20 blocks. Then put the rest on depro, hence level 7 on that.
So I think you are trying to tell me to get 1 Safety wall and 5 Depro?
I used to hear people saying divine might with nerf is not worth it anymore.
Do you know how does it works now? I don’t remember seeing a tile cast in the last time someone gave me the buff.

Edit: I also let Zalciai be level 1 since it would scale of my high SPR too :slight_smile: Didn’t feel the need for 2 more levels to spend more on attributes lol. (Only cares about the magic amp :wink: )
Will switch to 2 int - 1 spr after sufficient con I guess?

Nope. Learn to love it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nu; I meant the 5 in Safety Wall. Those 22 Blocks are fine if just 2 people are standing in it, but 3 or more and it’ll likely be used up before the 20 second duration is over (Unless it’s a boss-only fight). I usually ask all of the ranged DPS to stand in it so the heals can be saved for the melee. Plus you’re not picking up Cleric 2 until Rank 6, and playing Ranks 1-5 without Safety Zone, is a pain, especially in dungeons.

If you want more points taken from Safety and placed into Depro, then the lowest I recommend it being at is 3 at Cleric C1. For Cleric C2 you could leave it at 3 and the rest into Depro.

It’s still some use. You’d cast Divine Might first, and then cast your important skills for the 3 Divine Might usages you have and it’s treated as one level higher. Examples:
Divine Might + Damballa = 3 extra explosions
Divine Might + Aukuras & Healing Factor & Bloodletting = 5 - 10 extra seconds
[Krausas Mace equipped] Hexing -> Effigy -> Divine Might -> Effigy -> Effigy -> Effigy (Bonus damage x2 before Divine Might is used up).

Yeah, it scales off of SPR too, but by staying at Lvl 1, you’d be losing out on +100 towards that. If you really don’t want to, you can opt out of it and keep the points in Aukuras.

Yeah, but I don’t recommend investing into SPR for your entire journey. Should consider cutting it off before it hits 100.

2 Likes