Tree of Savior Forum

Bokor Advice Mega Thread

Although you’re not Sixaxis, thanks for the reply! :stuck_out_tongue:

Even tho, I think wet noodles x2 (STR bonus) then x3 (AoE attack ratio) is kinda fine. The AoE attack ratio is good because it can actually draw mobs attention easier. Zombies will become meat shield so it’s always a good thing.

Yeah, I wasn’t impressed with Tet’s damage. I was thinking that Bwa would suffice for zombie control but I guess it doesn’t. You are right.

About Hexing, yeah, I won’t be hexing the whole pull at once. Maybe in the second cast. And I dont have enough points, that’s the problem. Not if I dump them in Samediveve, at least.

And well… I’m a fan of move speed. 5 move speed is not a huge change but it’s a neat addition. 10 to zombies makes them basically move at the same speed as an average character. That’s not bad in my opinion, especially if IMC increases their reaction speed. I don’t mind de HP honestly, they will be burst down. I don’t care about my own HP buff, it’s pretty low as you’ve said.

Yeah, that’s why I kept it at 9, for the uptime. But it has the 14 cap, not 15.

At level 9 it would be 13 zombies base + 1 level from skill gem + 1 from attribute. The problem is getting the gem, tenet chapel is so stacked anytime :frowning:

I see your point with Same. Try it out!

I do get your point, but since most of the skills you use for offence are INT based, if you go SPR over INT you may get stuck in some place just because of that, i mean, on maps 2 or more stars, some mobs have huge HP pool, imagine you having tanky zombies, but they barely do damage, and even if you lay DZ it still not enough to help because your skills don’t cause much damage.

You have to consider one thing too, the attribute:

Increase the def decrease up to 50, so you may have an equivalent of 50 SPR points in there which could be used in INT for damage or CON for defense.

Even if its damage is bad at the end game, it still helps on controlling the zombies position, so you have a bit of protection from them tanking “stray” mobs.

Sixaxis,

I wanted to build a Sadhu, but changed my mind and want to go Bokor now. I am now Cleric c1, Krivis c1, not very leveled yet. My goal is PvE only. And I have some questions.

1. I wanted to build around Bwa Kaiman, but with sadhu in mind I invested in INT, so now I have 25 INT (at 24 char lvl). How serious is this impact for my character, should I just reroll, or can I still go with Bwa Kaiman Bokor, with STR/DEX?

2. I figured out skill build pretty much, but not sure about stats. What stat distribution should I go with?

3. You mentioned that monk or paladin would be good for physical Bokor. Which of them is better, or, maybe, how they are different? I’m still pretty noob in high level clerics.

Thanks in advance!

The spirit is not for tanky zombies though, it’s for the buff/debuff power.

Just scanning the ToS database, level 280 monsters have ~400+ Defense/M. Defense. If I get 10 of the 16 on target, with 300 spirit and DZ, that’s ~3,000 more Zombie DPS.

As long as I’m not pushing much over 400 spirit by the time I’m 280, I’m not wasting any points, even with the extra -50 Def. I’ll need some Con for myself anyways.

Hexing wouldn’t be anywhere near as good by only scaling by 1/3 of Spirit. But then again, I’ll be able to spam Effigy instead of using basic attacks.

Unless, of course, INT scales significantly better than this.

Yeah, not only on cleric class but others as well, some skills get me intrigued because of the lack on info if they scale with level, stats or don’t scale at all.

I get the idea you are proposing, not right now, but i might try something later on on this, truth be told, the game still need lots of balancing and fixing, so in the future we don’t know how things goes.

As you can see on the skill description, it doesn’t explicit say if it is overall def (pdef and mdef) or one specific one (be it pdef or mdef).

My assumption is, at later time, the devs may do a fix on the skill which mean it is only pdef decreased, i could be wrong tho.

@qwaarty1
You can get them in Nevellet Quarry (Orsha)!

Yeah, I guess I’ll try it out. And isn’t level 9 Zombify 12 zombies?

@Xelqypla
Remember that Effigy has a pretty good scaling. By Rank 7 every point in INT gives ~1.7 magic attack. It can be further amplified by Magic Amplification.

At rank 15, Effigy has a base damage of 618. Every third/second (Krausas Mace) attack, it does x2.58~3.56 damage (mean 3.07 = ~3). That results in 618 + 340 (200 INT points invested) = 958 per target at the first hit(s). Special hits will be 958 * 3 = 2874. That will end up with (958 * 5)/3 = 1597 per average hit or 958 * 2 = 1916 per average hit with Krausas Mace.

If you take Hexing rank 4 debuff of -24 (no SPR invested) that will end up with roughly 375 mdef. That means your Effigy will hit for 375 less per hit, i.e. [2*(583) + (3*958-375)]/5 = [1166+2499]/5 = 733 avg per hit or [583 + 2499]/4 = 770 avg per hit with Krausas Mace. I’m considering 0 MAtk in the weapons, 0 Magic Amplification and no Hexing Attribute (+30% Dark modifier). Remember that all of the bonuses are applied before magic defense reduction, so they all weight much more than the flat defense reduction.

Effigy hits the same time as 2-4 zombies. Zombies also get INT bonuses with Ogouveve. I’m not taking in consideration Cure, Zaibas or Carnivory that stays on the ground to keep doing damage as well.

SPR is not bad, but that is by no means higher DPS than investing into STR. The difference will become even harder at Rank 10. Zombies fall off before Rank 7 anyway.

SPR is ok for multi-hitting spells, but Hex scaling aren’t that high.

@Nirimetus
Although I agree that the naming is confuse, Defense always refers to physical def.

That is the thing, the skill also decrease mdef as far as i could notice.

What, really? I didn’t know.

During boss fights when i lay DZ on it and use Zaibas the damage is bigger than normally is so i guess its working for both kind of def.

What, exactly, do you mean by “Zombies fall off before Rank 7?”

Please grant me some wisdom a few posts earlier :slight_smile:

Hey @Sixaxis, it’s @welgaia from iCBT (rip old account). I’ve been out of this since beta, halp pls.

I’m going Cleric > Krivis > Bokor3 > ? > Plague Doctor. Currently at lv68, shame on me I know.

1. Any recommendations to fill that r6? Is Pardoner ok for the fat Daino scroll monies? Or should I stick with Cleric2?
  2. Current stat distribution is 1:3:1 CON:INT:SPR, what’s a good number to stop SPR at?
  3. I need a Krausas Mace :cry:

I don’t know the drop chance, but I got a Krausas mace after farming for 10 min. You should get one too, it’s worth it.

I’m a lvl 80 INT Bokor and am going Cleric>Krivis>Bokor C3 atm, I was wondering would it be better to continue with Cleric>PD or Krivis>PD? I would like to be able to primary support in dungeons if needed so is it a good idea to take Cleric C2? Also I was wondering how Druid C1 and C2 compares to Cleric/Krivis at Rank 6 and PD at Rank 7. What are the pros and cons of taking Druid? And is it worth it to take it at only Rank 6?

For items, I was wondering if I should be taking Arde Dagger+something else or is it better to keep Krausas Mace? And how much do I need to keep Cafrisun set? Sorry for all the questions!

Edit: Also how high should I be leveling Hexing?

Sorry for the late responses; had to take focus from game for a bit. Your individual responses start at the @name, and end at the horizontal-line cut-off. I’ll probably start working on the Bokor thread so this info can be placed into the first post instead of scattered through 100 different posts here.

@Entoma:

I’m glad I could help, Arachna-maid. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nah, Zombies don’t need AoE attack ratio in mid or end-game; it serves no noticeable benefit. That skill stays at ‘1’ until they buff it to be more worthwhile. That 1 point is better off spent in your other skills.

On normal Monsters, no. It can be on Bosses under the following conditions:

• Plate and/or Earth properties
  • Deprotected Zone and/or Monstrance debuffing the Boss
  • Decent ping, so that your Skulls are thrown at a constant rate
  • Use of Mackangdal and/or Revive and/or Revenged Sevenfold(?) to prevent the Skulls from quickly dying by Boss AoE
    (?) - Revenged 7x has yet to be tested on Tet Skulls, but even if it does work, do not rely or build towards it because there’s a high chance it would be nerf’d.

With enough skulls thrown onto them under those conditions, the DPS from them is good and the Boss may even be locked in one spot (Poor mechanics). Either way, it’s 1 point and it’s original purpose is to direct Zombies, so it doesn’t hurt to get it.

This depends on the points in your other skills. But generally speaking, 9 (13 Zombies including Attribute) with Damballa at 5 is perfectly fine on Bosses. I usually had no prob having that many alive to use Damballa with, especially in dungeons with party members who would actually listen to me when I nicely asked to lure the mobs to the Zombify circle. ):<

I’d have videos here to show this if I didn’t put playing games on hold since last week. Now I gotta play catch-up.

It has the chance of summoning another Zombie in place of a Zombie that was destroyed by Damballa (Since Damballa does damage to both the Zombies it triggers and the nearby enemies). The chance of summoning a replacement Zombie is decent even without the Extra Chance Attribute, and I’d actually recommend against getting that Attribute because it increases the cooldown of the skill for only a +10% chance. There is a LOW chance of generating 2 Zombies in place of 1, but… it’s low. So you won’t really be getting cap Zombies summoned from Damballa if you started with less than 15 to begin with.

10 is what I’d consider ‘enough’, but I currently stopped at 5. I’m testing a Priest-C2/Bokor-C3/Kabbalist build though, so my personal Hexing points in my weird build is invalid. :c

That’s up to you; neither choice is bad. If you want a personal opinion though, Meme Doctor since it outranks Druid overall. More than likely still will even if it gets a nerf.

As for your build:

• Cleric C1

• No Deprotected Zone? Place 1 point into that if you’re including SPR into your stat build.

• Krivis C1

• Zalciai doesn’t need to be at Lvl 5; just Lvl 3 max so you can grab the ‘Zalciai: Enhance’ attribute. Put those free 2 points you just got into Daino or 1 into Aukuras and 1 into Daino.

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Bokor C3

• That Ogouveve at 2 must go! Remove 1 point from Ogouveve, and place it into Hexing. Pls.

@Nirimetus

OP is dead. This is our house now.

As for your build:

• Cleric C1

• That 3 in Deprotected Zone seems a bit excessive. I know you did that for the Attribute, but I’m not so sure about trading off 2 points into Cure just for that. I’d advise moving those back into Cure.

• Krivis C1

• Zalciai has an extra point into it past the Lvl 3 “Enhance” Attribute, which is as far as it needs to go. Take 1 point away from it and place that into Daino.

• Krivis C2

• This is fine.

• Krivis C3

• Zalciai has an extra point in it again; remove that extra point and place it into Divine Stigma (Because there’s nothing better to do with it other than Daino again).

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Plague Doctor

• Remove 1 point from Beak Mask and place it into Pandemic or Bloodletting since Beak Mask is out-ranked by both of those skills PvE-wise. If you want it for the Mask look, then it’s fine to leave it.

As for your stats, they’re fine. \o/

@Xelqypla

It’s for making your transition to Rank 7 easier. Putting more points into it than that for a focused-DPS is unnecessary, and you’ll be chugging SP Pots for Effigy spamming anyway.

@dudu_carvalho

Building competitively for both PvE and PvP content usually results in neither of them being optimum, but no one wants to level 2 characters to Rank 7 max ClassLvl, right? So as for choosing between your 4 builds, it comes down to your choice of Build 3 and 4. I’d personally go for Build 4.

Enjoy the game. \o/ I’ll probably summon you and everyone else back after the current major issues are fixed, so we can petition for our Archer Zombie.

@torris222:

That’s up to you, but since you didn’t go Plague Doctor, I’d advise grabbing Cleric C2 instead.

The Kabbalist choice is fine, but I wouldn’t recommend going Oracle just for Arcane Energy. If you’re interested in its other skills then okay, but Arcane isn’t all that impressive and definitely not worthy of using up an entire Rank for.

As for your build (Gorgon Gaze #1):

• Cleric C1

• This is fine.

• Krivis C1

• Zalciai doesn’t need to be past lvl 3 because of its poor scaling beyond that point. It only needs to be Lvl 3 max for the Zalciai: Enhance Attribute.

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Bokor C3

• This is fine.

• Kabbalist

• This is fine (They seriously need to buff those other 3 skills to do AoE de-leveling).

As for your second build, the whole thing is okay except for Bokor C1-C2 having 0 points in all the skills and all of them being used at C3. Just copy the point layout from your Gorgon Gaze #1 build over to this one to match it.

@azuredream.ru

Welcome to the cul-- family!

As for your stats, you’re only Lvl 24, and even if you only play for 1 hour a day, you can easily make that up by doing Quests from both Klaipeda and Orsha (Grab the teleport scroll to the opposite Town Zone at the Merchant NPC). If you want a Physical build that includes Bokor C2, then make sure you grab Monk or Paladin also. Playing with only Bwa Kayiman is very… boring.

I don’t wanna give out a stat-ratio recommendation for a build I haven’t played, but I can recommend this post and the posts underneath it for info instead:

To grab C3 for Monk or Paladin, you’d have to sacrifice Plague Doc or Kabbalist at Rank 7. Otherwise, your Monk/Pala addition would only be Circle 2 in which case I’d recommend Monk over Paladin. If you were going for Circle 3, they would be sliiightly tied, because of Paladin gaining Barrier and the Smite+Conviction combo. The best choice is an informed one, but unfortunately no one’s made a detailed guide on Monk yet. Only Paladin:

If you’re going to C3 with one though, then you should go with the one you personally like the most.

@saigyouji

[quote=“saigyouji, post:96, topic:168367”]
Hey @Sixaxis, it’s @welgaia from iCBT (rip old account). I’ve been out of this since beta, halp pls.[/quote]
Bokor Buddy. \o/ Welcome back.

[quote]I’m going Cleric > Krivis > Bokor3 > ? > Plague Doctor. Currently at lv68, shame on me I know. Any recommendations to fill that r6? Is Pardoner ok for the fat Daino scroll monies? Or should I stick with Cleric2? Current stat distribution is 1:3:1 CON:INT:SPR, what’s a good number to stop SPR at?
I need a Krausas Mace :cry:[/quote]
I haven’t leveled once in the past 5 days, so the shame’s shared.

Yeah, Pardoner is fine (Mainly because of Discerning Evil; Daino scrolls is a side-benefit). Your Stat distribution is fine, and I personally stopped SPR in the 70’s. You can choose where to stop CON at as long as it doesn’t past the 20% threshold.

And you might as well give in and buy the Krausas Mace. I farmed for 3 hours and didn’t get one back in CBT so I knew ahead of time to camp the Auction House for one. Either grab one before the F2P release or stay screwed 5ever. :c

@kiyoshi55555

• For the Cleric>PD / Krivis>PD question, since you want to support a bit in dungeons also then you should opt on grabbing Cleric C2; it’s much more useful thanks to the Safety Zone C2 Attribute and obvious Heal Tile increases.

• Druid C2 isn’t a bad choice, but there’s not many useful Summons at the moment so the only real benefit is the Carnivory boost and Sterea Trofh shield. So if that’s what you’re fine with, then go for it, otherwise you should consider opt’ing out for the usual PD. And yes, you could grab only 1 Circle of it for Carnivory and if the class interests you.

As for items, keep the Krausas mace up 'till 170 (I’ve seen people use it after that, since Effigy being your main DPS skill will keep it viable). You can drop that Cafrisun set once you’re no longer reliant on auto-attacks.

No higher than Lvl 10.

@Sixaxis
Thanks for the response, i did reset my skills yesterday and already spent points in it, i will probably reset again, this is the modifications i did based on your feedback, note that i am already at Bokor C1 (R5), i might keep Zombify lower than currently (Lv. 2 > Lv. 1) and increase Hexing level for Effigy spam (wish they add a rapid fire function for controller, keeping pressing the button is a pain lol).

Current Bokor skills:

I will eventually reach the point on the build page, but i do sense a need of more damage dealing for this char since it is inviable for dungeon (lack good healing).

Again, thank you for your time.

Edit: forgot to add the build with notifications.

No prob. \o/ And, your entire build is fine, although I do think you should take Bokor C1 earlier so you have a skill to DPS with other than Zaibas.

Yeah, the problem is, it is from other build, so i ended up changing to bokor after hitting Krivis C3, i may make other char later this year so i will do it properly.

Thank you, Sixaxis. I like the gimmick-y skills from oracle too, so I’m thinking I’ll go for the c2 cleric build. Thanks again!