Tree of Savior Forum

BM Build Theorycrafting

sacriface 6 rank for swiftstep and steady aim , i think that a bad choice , Kneelingshoot without runningshoot is useless , swiftstep not must have anymore because that buff now share critrate for party too , barrage without rogue is weak and you need trans crossbow too , full dex waste of aspd status and bm skill don’t have any speedofattack skill

Was initially thought to have pure pistol all in one build. Except sneak hit, which i should have choose but i don’t know why i din’t :joy:, pretty much thats all that lower archer offers. Full DEX for the crit att to scale with blindside. I know its uptime isn’t very good and very situational, but it scales off pretty well. Very personal here so i admit it is not a good build… however i still can keep up with people around me.

I created a bm when it came, now it has a decent weapon. But i think im doing something wrong…The lack of damage is strange and the aoe is unsatisfatory. Should i put Centaurus card over glass mole? And for stats? should be full dex or more str? or a mix? What tips u guys recomend for this build? Or i’m totally crazy and that’s how the build should work?

Heres a gameplay of my build:

Even with trans 5 and glass mole, that felt a bit underwhelming at dg300. What is your patk, aoe ar, invested dex/str and crit rate? Maybe with that you can get better input from others.

I always feels like bm is the superior gunner than sr to the point I want to reset mine if I get the chance. But looking at your run, my sr is much better even at trans 3 primus pistol +11.

A lot of AA, but no DGC, it’s strange. Also you are not utilizing ricochet attribute from 2nd circle of BM (small packs of mobs). If you are using GM cards, why no mana pot before BOD? Full dex build only works at high tranc weapon (5 isn’t enough)

Im using only 1 glass mole for now, because i dont know yet what to choose. I tend to use pots when i start the BOD to recover the huge mana consumed.
My stats:

P.atk: 2480-2802
P.atk second.: 4017-4608
Critical Rate: 475
No extra AOE atk

My points invested are mixed because i got lost in what spend. More dex for more atk speed? or more str for more dmg?

This is a lie you know? I’ve stopt at 5500 atk and blessing is still a good chunk of my damage, especially in challenge mode.
120k hp monsters have low defenses and do not represent the real targets you will hit at cap.

@Tk_Magnus You need extra AOE atk or R.I.P hits 2-3 targets for hit maximum. In your case since you are going crit (sneak hit and archer) i would’ve gone full dex (monstrance +30% dex) with a little splash of str (100-200 maximum) from equipments to get 100% accuracy.
What are your enhancement levels?

BTW get one level of napalm since you have no skills from other classes to deal damage, it’s better than nothing once you get AAR.

You should do some maths, lets assume Blessing adds +1800 on hit, RIP has 7 hits, that’s around 12.6k dmg. You have 5500 att, i forgot defense calculation, assume half damage is negated by defense, RIP with 40lv attrib lv10 is 443%x7 = 3087%. 2250 x 3087% is ~69,457, no crit. Blessing will boost ~18% in this case. To be able to reduce your damage that far isnt a usual mob too.

It’s nice to have, but it’s not whole necessary unless you have high hit counts like AAs.

If AAR gears are out of reach, BOD’s attribute works like magic. If group of mobs is your target, BOD is your first choice.

First, you cannot have 5k crit atk with 500 dex.
Second, having 2,5k total attack will probably reduce your damage by 60-70% in 340+ content. Even with 5k you get around 70% reduction on challenge floor 5 since enemies get increased defense as you progress, it remains easy to clear so no problem.

You roughly get a 50% increase in damage by levelling up R.I.P. from 1 to 10.
And BM1 will be forced to have R.I.P. set between 1 and 3.
So you cannot deny that blessing is good part of the damage on both R.I.P. and auto attacks when you have normal gear, 15-30% is huge.
If you clicked on my builds you would have noticed that i left 8 points on BM2, it means i would go either R.I.P 9 and stance 1 OR R.I.P 5 and Stance 5. So when i talked about blessing i was referencing to that case too.

For the rest i very well think that basing a build on sheer auto attacking is build suicide on TOS.

Lower archer gives you many options and kneeling shot is obviously one of the worst noob traps ever made.
For BM2 you have:
Archer2Sapper2RogueAppraiser
Archer2Sapper3RogueORAppraiser
Archer2Sapper2Wugushi3 OR Sapper3Wugushi2
ArcherRanger3Rogue2Appraiser
Archer2Ranger3RogueAppraiser
Archer2Ranger2Rogue2Appraiser
ArcherQuarrel3Rogue2Appraiser (better than the archer 2 variant only if you are geared enough)

So i seriously cannot grasp people going for Archer3 or Archer3Quarrel3 builds on BM, yeah cool, you will, in unprobable conditions, auto attack pretty fast, then a doppel comes, uses 1 skill and does the dps you did in 10 secs.

SketchSketch2
Sketch3

Well i don’t have great gears but here you go. Note that’s no buffs.
Build is this.

For people who doesn’t know Crit Att is part of your P.Att now. For example with 2000 P.Att and 4000 C.Att, a non-crit will have 2000 P.Att while a crit will have 7000 P.Att. Debuffs like Blindslide increases the C.Att part by 25%, in our case, it will result in 8000 P.Att. Steady Aim comes later, 20% so it will result in 9600 P.Att.

As for my choice for kneeling shot, it is just filler skill and the main point is at swift step. I’m a caster BM o.0

Yes, blessing is good, but you should not rely on it. First and foremost, finding a good blessing pardoner is rare enough. Then the only thing that scales with it is number of real hits.

There is a difference between burst dps and sustained dps uh.

As a caster bm, if you in CM party, is there any downtime for aoe skill only? This exclude single target skill and AA. And if there’s downtime, what you normally do when no aoe skill available? I’m trying to understand aoe potential of bm. Still deciding if I want to reset my sr3 to bm2.

@arguement
Archer2 only lost 25 crit rate while rogue1 would give better crit rate even without wolf card by hitting behind. Plus Feint for better barrage damage. But I always welcome archer3 in party to boost my crit rate :smile:
And I’m using frieno set which benefits a lot from blessing. Even multishot and barrage did good damage especially at higher stage CM.

For CM my skill priority is BOD>RIP>MD(ricochet)>Napalm>KneelAA. Since i’m a pure gun build, i only use skills from BM. Skill downtime for my case is pretty horrible, around 10 seconds, so i decide to stuck in kneelAA when all my skills are on cd. Rogue1 is definitely better than archer, feint barrage is good too, multishot kinda lack luster. Normally in CM i would wait a little to use BOD, discharge RIP and MD all the times, and only use napalm when i desperate in need of AOE. Strong BOD can one shot a bunch of mobs so on AOE cases, it really depends when do you use your BOD charge as they are kinda precious. RIP and MD are just backups, in fact they are more like 1 ~ 3 target skills.

I think i recall why i did not go Rogue1 because of the number of buffs i already have + the downtime. Swift+Overestimate+Steady+SilverBullet+BlindSlide. Additionally, BM skills are “glup glup sp” >.> imagine lv10 BOD with attribute takes 600sp per cast. lv5 MD with attribute takes 350sp per cast, 5 overheat… bye bye sp.

I don’t know about it, but how does the additional damage from frieno works? Additional lines?

If you have bm with no damage classes you’ll have to pump your damage for good until you can kill 1 pack per skill, else you’ll have something like 15 seconds of no skills.

I won’t spoil your thinking completely but:
Steady aim does not increase your attack, it increases your damage. Big difference.

You are missing a crucial point in how crit attack works and have trolled yourself by going triple catk gem AND on a build that will have a maximum of 30% crit rate (okok blindside cool). By the looks of it you will either cripple yourself even more by going yellow or green gems on the gun.

You’ll understand sooner or later and probably punch the screen in a rage fit, i assure you. Your math won’t hold up like you think.

//

Btw, there’s no difference in sustained dps and burst dps if the other person has more DAMAGE PER SECOND than you.

@redwea for caster bm i would go archer2sapper2rogue2APP for broom and detonate as extra clearing skills

That mob has 167 crit resist i think?
How is my point on crit attack missing i wish to be enlighten.

I can’t assure which group steady aim is factored it, but there would be no difference if you assume thats the only modifier we have on the table. (e.g. modifier that is not on the table = element, size, cards)

Frieno set kinda crazy when proc. It add additional line to all surrounding character. I think this video is self explanatory.

And the uploader also mentioned for high def monster such as higher level stage of cm, it is better than solmiki set. Not for the aar but for the additional line of damage. Altho this is strictly for high density mob as it won’t proc much otherwise.

That lowers your chance to crit not crit damage.

The damage reduction formula ignores catk when determining by how much your damage will be factored down. It uses ONLY the raw numeric value of your normal attack to determine by how much the damage will be reduced.
Basically, if your hit were to deal 50% damage normally, it will deal 50% of the final value even when you crit.

Here comes my point, if steady aim was to increase your “attack” instead of “damage” you would do more than 20% extra damage.

For example, on a mid-trans build 3 glass mole cards (30% extra physical attack) will give you around 50% extra damage instead of 30%.

TLDR: crit attack builds need an higher investment in upgrade/transcendence AND crit rate to overcome the defense wall.

When did i says i lowers my crit damage? You are accusing that i will only have MAXIMUM 30% crit chance so i just show you my crit chance on a regular mob.

Damage = (skillFactor%) * (Attack * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Critical Attack)) * min {1, log10 ((Attack / (Defense + 1))^0.9 + 1)} + Additional Damage

skillFactor% = Skill % * (100% + Group 1) * (100% + Group 2) * ~ * (100% + Type Bonus)

I don’t have to explain don’t i? Look where does the brackets goes. You tell me if Crit Att is not part of Att now?

Point? Come on… 30% will always be 30%, it seems like 50% because you have other modifier that probably multiply with that 30%, eg, 130%*112.5%=146.25% rather than 130%+112.5% = 142.5%. When modifier falls into different category, that is where extra damage comes from. Clearly you don’t have RO’s carding knowledge.

Of course it does, it just that how much of your Att will be counted into the damage whether you crit or not.

Im outta here, basically Crit build makes your damage curve more sharp and prone to middle as optimum crit rates are around 50%. The power spikes when you crit but weaker when you are not. Regular build which uses redgem on their main weapon distance the gaps between min and max. Result in a smoother damage curve from min att to max att. IT really depends on your play style to choose which. TL:DR Crit build makes a sharp curve while regular build makes smooth curve of damage.

DAMAGE PART
Damage = (skillFactor%) * (Attack * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Critical Attack))

DAMAGE REDUCTION PART THAT MULTIPLIES THE FINAL DAMAGE
min {1, log10 ((Attack / (Defense + 1))^0.x + 1)}

Do you see critical attack in this one? I don’t, because it doesn’t affect this. this means that your final damage will be MULTIPLIED downward based only on your normal ATTACK vs the enemy DEFENSE. If you have ZERO attack and 30000 CRITICAL ATTACK you will hit for 1 damage against non level 1 monsters even when you CRIT. Got it now?

Since normal attack is boosted by 50% in the damage formula when you crit, with 50% chance you would need critical attack in a ratio of 2.5:1 compared to attack to deal more dps. On a 0 defense enemy.

For the above statements, unless incredibly geared or using a strange gimmick, yellow gems are trollish as hell in the main hand. What’s worse is that having yellow gems in your main hand probably forces you into NOT having red gems in your secondary one, where red gems are always king in every physical build for the above statements.

30% on the final damage is 30% on the final damage.
30% on the raw attack value reduces by how much the attack will be reduced.

You posted the formula up here.
Ragnarok used to make bonuses from different cards stack multiplicatively instead of addictively.
RO’s carding knowledge, you need an high IQ to grasp it

AH i was blind for not noticing that :sad: thanks for pointing that out, so basically the defense modifier is affected by base attack, however it would mean that increasing in that part benefits better when facing higher defense. Glass Mole increases that part but i don’t think Steady Aim does.

According to the formula, the effect is exponential so would it mean a ratio around 2ATT:1DEF have the maximum point of increase in the defense modifier?

Depends on the values, normal monsters have around 1500-2000 defense in the higher range of levels, so you need like between 10 and 20 times that value as attack to get near true damage.
Now, i’m full dex with a bit of str from equips and red gems in offhand AND with that 5500 atk i can pretty much clear the whole game. I’m using a trans 5 aspana so nothing fancy. It’s not that much of a problem. Blessing is all i need for stage five to make up for that.

The real problem is the fact that to get that missing physical attack you lose from having no str invested, you need to transcend more than normal, so it costs you more to do normal damage than a str build since each level of trans adds the same attack but costs more.

Just my 2 cents obviously. You get back part of that lost damage from the increased attack speed.

Tho there are some advantages to having a similiar setup with good gear, if you have a chrono in your party and get rogue in the build you can reach pretty high critical chance. The whole point of rogue is that it gives you flat % critical chance instead of critical rate, so it’s way stronger than crit rate when you have the right equips or party buffs.