Tree of Savior Forum

BM Build Theorycrafting

yes
pets run on the old stat system before revamp.
I should have said pets already have naturally high block and dodge rate. i’ll correct my post

btw, it is not turn basic AA to holy but all gun damage to holy

1 Like

SPR IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR \O/

But aside from jokes, yes, I think it’s fine to go for it. I put 50 SPR on my BM for the SP regen because the SP consumption is pretty insane. Your damages come mostly from the weapon (if you work on it of course, though), so for me it’s not an issue to put a few points in SPR.

@Septrell
Turns ALL your gun skills to Holy damages.
Since a lot of mobs and bosses are evil/dark type, it makes this skill pretty useful. 5 points is if you have the luxury to do so (since BM has a lot of good skills), but if one can spare a point it’s worth it imo.

This is my first Archer char (I only played Cleric and Wiz before) and this is my build:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3113339dii.4a1a35.1f2f75.152535.15234255.5511416a7a81a1
I don’t know if this is the right place to ask some of questions about BM mechanic or not but I can’t find any other thread about BM:

1. Double Gun Stance only increase base attack dmg mean only AA benefit by it?
  2. If I AA after using Double Gun Stance, the output dmg come from mainhand dmg or offhand dmg?
  3. BM skills scale with mainhand dmg or offhand dmg?
  4. Should I invest xbow too or just pistol is fine?

DGS lets you use BM skills in general, otherwise yes, it only boosts normal attacks

AA damage will come from offhand weapon (gun)

You need DGS to use them, so probably offhand

Xbow will affect falcon damages, so ideally you want to invest in both if you’re falconer.
But since you’re gonna use Rogue and Appraiser instead, probably won’t be too important.

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I just realize that BM won’t have any dmg boost from Thau buff in upcoming patch

1 Like

Why not? There’s still swell right arm that boosts offhand patk.

Hi everyone, im creating a BM2 to be my main char.

I want to use it for everything! It should be my single char!!

I have almost unlimited budget for him. Already got the following equips

• Masinios Pistol + 17 trans 10 (3 red lvl8)
  • Masinios Crossbow + 16 trans 10 (3 red lvl8)
  • Solmiki Medal
  • Solimiki Bracelet x 2
  • Solmiki Leather Gloves with Running Shot gems
  • Primus Leather Boots, Armor and Bottom with total STR 118, Dex 122, Crit Rate 72, Con 80

The char is currently Full DEX and i have some questions regarding BM skills…

Archer 3> Quarrel Shooter 3>Scout 1>Bullet Marker 2

With that setup how should i set my BM skill points? I noticed some skills really aint worth it since it took so much time to cast it i would have did the same damage just by keep my autos!

Double Gun Stance 5/5
Silver Bullet 5/5
Tase 1/5
RIP 10/10
Bloody Overdrive 1/10
Smash Bullet 1/5
Mozambique Drill 1/5

Leftover skill point = 10

Since QS, single target damage isn’t a problem, only more on AOEs.
Having RIP and BO is amazing for AOEs and max RIP since its a whole lot efficient skill. BO and MD with ricochet attribute drinks mana so depending on you which to max. Tase and Smash Bullet is amazing on bosses. Silver Bullet is optional if you feel needed on your mob choice.

I have this build right now:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311333d9ii.4a2a5535.1f2f3345516175.15234255.152535.551521617885a1
Thinking of focusing it on farming and maybe bossing, even if I wouldn’t beat meta boss killer builds with it. I have a skill reset potion left in case I should move the points around.

Skill point questions:

• Does putting more points in Smash Bullet increase the bleed damage or is it pointless? I just assumed it would.
  • Could level 5 MD with high attribute be decent against bosses since it seems to hit faster and has the same effect as FMJ, or would you still lose damage compared to just auto attacking?
  • Is it better to level RIP over BO?
  • Could 1 point in Napalm Bullet be decent aoe filler or is it too hard to hit max targets with it? Haven’t tried it.

If you have extra point and faces single huge hp mobs(boss) alot, sure thing to increase your damage output.

First and foremost, be noted that lv5 MD with attribute drinks mana… However, for bossing, FMJ and MD is the skill to go. *Since you are QS build, i suggest you to use AA instead. Only use them when facing high def targets.

Not better, Efficient. However it needs AAR to be viable to medium and large size monster crowd. BO with attributed works like magic on large crowds.

Yeap if you really need after RIP, BO and MD are not enough, remember to target the furthest target because imc likes to cook spaghetti codes. Additional AAR might required if mob crowd are medium and higher.

For single target, i suggest just Tase>Smash Bullet>BlindSide>Kneel>AA until blindside runs out>rinse and repeat.

1 Like

Okay, unless the defense pierce is powerful enough to make it better than auto attacking I guess I won’t put more points in MD then.

Hard to say then, I don’t have much aar gear on this character and I like my sissels. Maybe I’ll just put the rest of my points in Napalm and RIP since lvl8 BO kills most things anyway.

Usually I don’t use kneeling since I like to be on the move and utilize Sneak Hit. It’s a bit awkward though, should probably have went for Rogue2 if I’m not using kneeling.

I keep hearing ■■■■ about napalm but i can use everything properly with mouse mode, it’s an aoe cone in the cast direction.
Napalm is atrocious, i would keep it level 1 for dire situations.
Kneeling is atrocious.
MD is actually strong, no way it will deal less than autos, especially on bosses with the % penetration.
Silver Bullet is overpowered, period. All gun skills and attacks become holy.
Tase is balanced around not having an enhance attribute, so it doesn’t get that strong with levels, i would 10 point it only for pvp reasons.
Tracer Bullet is useless in pve.

For pve BM2 i would always go like this and customize with the remaining 8 points based on style https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3ii.5111213141617a81a5

For pve BM1 i would always go like this https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3i.551521316172
For pve BM1 on reiter i would go like this https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3i.15213445 but outside of Silver Bullet you are getting almost nothing, especially because without AOE gear napalm bullet is atrocious(you hit like 4-5 monsters? just use limacon).

Btw, with Silver Bullet’s buff SR has basically half of the monsters in the game covered (+50% to mutant from SR attri, +50% to devil from SB).

That’s what I’ve been wondering about, if I wanted to maximize single target damage. MD from behind with Sneak Hit seems nice. Smash Bullet seems the best to max if the bleeding scales with points.

Level 10 FMJ deals a bit more damage, but has one less overheat and feels slower(?).

FMJ is too slow, you would max it only for PVP(high defense players) or a bossing build for the new 10k defense WBs, so basically never. I keep it at 1 point just for a bit of extra dps on high challenge mode bosses.
I don’t want to spend money to gear my BM2 for now, but from what i’ve seen on my falcon3bm1 RIP is a good contendant for skills points, the skill itself is a huge rectangle(really huge) so with enough AAR(I use centaurus cards) you can hit a whole mob train.

All in all i would say fmj and napalm are the worst skills on the skill tree, both long animation for not enough damage, napalm being a desperate filler with like 2 seconds of animation.

Sorry if i sound too elitist about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Extra note editerino: if i were to ultra optimize my falcon char for aoe i would go with 0 in fmj and napalm, but content is already easy so having some jack of some trades skills is fine.

Super extra additional note: IMC is obviously forcing archer into getting centaurus cards for pve content.

It’s okay, thanks for the insight.
Might put the last 4 points in MD then, since I want to focus on bossing. It’s either that or 4 points in RIP I guess.

Yeah, just max BO if you go BM2, the rest is all preference since the numbers don’t increase by that much, especially when you factor blessing on the multis.

Blessing and stuff dont quite matters when you have decent mid tier weapon like 2k attack. Skills will get strong. For my build,
-A3R3APP1BM2
-Full Dex (535)
-Around 2.5k P.Att
-5.2k Crit Att
-690 Crit

Steady + Blindside > RIP Lv10 usually enough me to kill mobs that have 120k hp +± even without blessings. Infact it dont matter much as its like 5% increment dmg in each hits. RIP crits for about 25k without the debuff above and 33k when applied.

S/N : Caster BM needs more love :disappointed_relieved:

I think ranger in general needs more buffs.

I can only think of pairing it with rouge hacka, ranger-mergen doesn’t even look good though I haven’t tried it personally

Touching steady aim is danger area as it might get OP if they overbuff it (such as duration— then it gets compared with Fanaticism or Deeds where you get penalty)

2 Likes

Duration is fine, steady aim is purposed to burst. Maybe scale off the additional damage with str or dex or both