Tree of Savior Forum

Best farming archer build?

You know what, I did a quick test in-game, and it does look like it works (Split Arrow during Retreat Shot, uninterrupted). The whole time I thought it was interrupting RS.

The more you know. :sweat_smile:

Edit: This effectively also lets you do a slow-moving Retreat Shot in the same fashion as OS, which is also pretty cool.

1 Like

You were probably just confused since the retreat shot animation is interrupted, however the damage will still apply.

I was too, however it was long ago and I was unsure whether they fixed/changed it (during the no-more-Zattack during retreat shot patch).

Just wanted to know so I could maybe bring scout3 sr2 with a krivis friend to ET/Uphill, etc. in the future.

Scout3 with retreat shot sounds strangely fun

1 Like

sr 2 at rank 8 is inferior to any other build you can possibly make that uses rank 8 classes.

My other options are:
musk2.
cannon2.
Falcon1 -> Mergen/Hakka.
Rogue1 -> mergen/Hakka.
Still have a week to decide.

why would you want running shot + split arrow? totally useless. So you can move faster with split arrow? for what? you need time to kill things off anyway. want faster movement speed? get +3 headgear and those +3 wind runner boots.

You lose so much more useful skills like archer 2 / ranger / rogue just because of that.

As split arrow is basically your aoe version of running shot, you will ditch running shot the moment you get split arrow.

About reiter, if i want to go reiter go c3, which basically makes split arrow not gainable. I can’t see how reiter 2 is going to be better then a real rank 8 class. And one rank in reiter is total junk

this exactly, even musketeer will have better aoe at rank 8.

Rogue does not provide anything substantial for farming whatsoever. There’s no need for Sneak Hit, since critical defense is so low in 130 and 145. There’s no need for Capture. The bosses of these dungeons already die absurdly fast to the point where double Flare Shot is mostly negligible, and so is double Arrow Sprinkle. Even Feint + Barrage is overkill, and you’re not going to use that combo on basic mobbing.

We’re talking 130 and 145 farming characters here. Even level 5 Retreat Shot kills them very quickly, with low investment and low enhancement weapons. It provides substantially more than what Rogue provides for this purpose.

Running Shot + Split Arrow is exactly for that. Faster moving Split Arrow. Again, this is 130 and 145 silver farming characters. It doesn’t take much time to kill things with Split Arrow at all. Split Arrow is atrociously weak against a single target. Running Shot makes up for this, in killing stragglers. Anyone who’s farmed the 145 with a Scout is aware of how annoying stragglers can be from time to time. Sure Multishot and Barrage can take care of stragglers, and they do, but not without slowing down your pace.

People who make silver farming characters don’t need it to work at high levels. We have mains for that purpose.

1 Like

The more i read these threads, the more i want to create a SR.

I wonder do you even have a rogue? with scout 3?

You clearly totally never played one.

How is sneak hit useless? i have 500 crit ( probably close to 550 by now ) and sneak hit increases my crit hits still by a lot. Don’t think that even with 500 crit you will always crit you won’t. Crit is by far the best thing ever.

Then you have barrage + feint, You push feint on 4 high hp targets, they turn around = 100% crit on them all hits. They die instantly.

Split arrow will get the sneak hit effect when monsters are turned around as second and third hit, which happens all the time. I have that buff rolling 24/7 whenever i can.

Then on bosses the different of sneak hit is clear for sure. I do far more dmg from the back with barrage feint then from the front. So it does effect it.

Clearly you never played one if you come to those conclusions.

Capture is a great extra burst tool, but indeed it’s extra that helps with boss bursts nothing more. ( unless you plan to play higher level maps, which we don’t ).

level 5 retreat shot is junk, i rolled a reiter geared it out to the max and then i realized it was absolutely junk. ( i play with a mouse so not controller ) and you litterly have to bug out the skill to make use of it. The cooldown on it, the limitation on other skills on QS3 because mounted made me throw it in the trash directly and rerolled. Terrible. Maybe you can enjoy it, i never will unless forward shot saves it. But then 3 freaking ranks to get that going yea gg, and no split arrow + 280+ level. No ty. Probably the way to go for higher end content. But who knows what’s going to rock there after it comes.

If you clear the dungeon on the correct manner you will never encounter single targets, you will constantly push them together. The moment you do? barrage / multishot will take care of them easily, which both with QS3 in the build will be not there or crap on dmg.

Then lets move on the what more you lose.

You will lose the 10% dmg buff from ranger that effects split arrow ( helps a lot ), 25% crit ( which is no joke even fully decked out it helps immense ) on 130 dungeon for example, multishot lvl 10 is absolutely good lvl 5 is junk. It will shoot down any single standing monster down without issue’s, if you got any. ( i always pusht to the next gropu which will get that last one rekked anyway )

Sorry but QS3 only thing it adds is running speed. And frankly i don’t need running speed, unless you want to skip half of the monsters? because you run past them to fast.

I did too when i readed threads about it. Looked so great. Then i rolled one. Terrible. Unless you play with a controller or anything else then mouse don’t even bother.

you didn’t play an SR 3.

And?

20 chars…

1 Like

Perhaps you could try playing SR with other control methods and see if it works out.

and just like most classes, you haven’t unlocked the full potential. I will not make an SR, but saying that its weak is simply not true.

I did too when i readed threads about it. Looked so great. Then i rolled one. Terrible. Unless you play with a controller or anything else then mouse don’t even bother.

I have an SR2, they get massively buffed across the board in the r8 patch.

Also considering veritas is the leader of the itos group that cleared floor 20 of ET with an sr2 in his party, I’m more inclined to believe his advice than of a random nobody who doesn’t play an archer in mouse mode

You seem to be completely neglecting the fact that I repeatedly say these are 130 and 145 farming characters. Nothing in these dungeons require Feint + Barrage. If you really think you need that much power to kill mobs in there you’re either really undergeared or really under-funded, which is probably impossible because of how little funding you need to make a Scout C3 to work at all in those dungeons.

Even with mid 400 critical rate I crit often enough on these mobs. Their critical resistance is low enough that that is considered high. Maybe if we were talking about real endgame content sure, you’d need it. But we aren’t.

If you’re willing to show me proof that Rogue is a significant impact on 130 and 145 clears I’ll listen to you (I’m very serious about this point, I will listen with proof). But from this vantage it offers nothing notable beyond slightly killing bosses faster for these two dungeons, which are the prime silver-makers for dungeon clears.

I use level five Retreat Shot often, and it does a fine job of clearing packs in these dungeons with little funding and low enhancement pistol. If I put any amount of effort into funding this component of the build it’s be considerably faster. And I wasn’t even using Split Shot during it before. I would really like for you to show me what Rogue provides that matches this in dungeon mobbing.

lol my catagoon got 280 crit rate and i get around 70% crit rate. (lvl 280 )

Ok, how could this even be possible? o_O

I did with a controller, worked better. I dislike controllers and don’t like switching. So not for me. Saks, i hope the new rank patch addresses the running with retreat shot, so i can push it a bit higher to rank 3, or if rank 3 skills will just completely make retreat shot useless which would be great.

I never said it’s waek, reiter 3 will totally whipe the floor with scout 3 on higher end content, scout 3. But that’s not what we discuss here. We discuss on how to clear the 130 dungeon the fastest way on a farm char. Which is with split arrow. Retreat shot atm with reiter isn’t going to catch up to scout 3 split arrow burst. That’s what i mention. ( if you even can get the retreat shot to hit stuff for a 100% correctly ).

So somebody clears ET faster with reiter then scout 3. That has what to do with 130/145 dungeon farm? Nothing. Let that somebody farm with his 280 level totally decked out char 130 dungeon and showcase how he beats a 175 scout 3. He won’t.

No need to be hostile.

Now you are getting confused here.

I was talking about what rogue + ranger + archer 2 will add vs quarrel 3. I never said you needed it.

Now you change the topic towards, oh you put it like you need it. Which you don’t. Yea duh, you don’t need anything more then scout 3 to get the damage rolling. But in order to get quarrel 3 in there, you need rank 7. So that’s why i compared it.

Anyway i keep running in circles in this topic. I keep on repeating what i already said. It’s kinda pointless at this point.

If anybody can provide me proof of somebody clearing 130 dungeon faster then that scout 3 dude that did it in 9 minutes. I will be happy to see it and roll it tommorow as my new farm char.

Or if somebody finds a mod that can make my reiter work in mouse mode, i will lovely accept it.

can everyone stop talking about scout 3 reiter 3? this build is not possible in rank 8
you will not be a scout 3 reiter 3, any build is superior to that.

^ this is true. we are trying to build dungeon farming classes not high end content ET classes that waste 2 char slots. I can use this char slots for my farming classes you know.
You guys need to stop assuming that everyone is willing to endlessly waste real money on char slots.