Tree of Savior Forum

Best farming archer build?

I also have my split arrow macro’d to a mouse button, lately it feels like my normal attack already. I’ve even had those times where I thought I was doing AA on a mob but was actually pressing the split arrow button :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My +5 Khasti only has a 5 star green (not roasted), I planned to add another roasted 5 star green but thought it would look ugly because of the previous mistake I made with wasting a gem slot for a green gem that is not roasted (I socketed that gem when I was still very new to the game and didn’t know about gem roasting). I was saving up for a manamana but I might slash a few silvers from my deposit to buff up my split arrow attribute to 50%. Is glad bands better for split arrow farming rather than sissels?

it all depends on your stats.
if your str go sissels if your dex go glads.

1 Like

Pretty much what @razm2888 said. Builds that already have pretty good critical rate can afford to pick up Gladiator Bands. I crit often enough without my crossbow and pistol, though I have 100 points invested into dexterity.

I want to go heavy strength on QS C3 Scout C3, so I’ll likely try to pick up Sissel Bracelets for that.

1 Like

I’m mostly str atm but I’m also slowly building up my dex. Currently str140 con30 dex62. I plan to nail 100 dex and then add more str. I asked about the bands because I have a battle bracelet and was thinking of trading it for a mana and/or peta. But if I could effectively farm 130/145 dungs starting next week, I’ll just keep my b.bracelet but was not sure on what to craft it into. I think I’ll go sissel now. Thanks guys!

If you want make an end-game aoe spec that doubles as a silver farmer (which in this case farms even faster than scout 3 wth the rank8 patch), SR3 is a great option. Go A2 Ranger3 SR3, the new limacon buff is essentially a running oblique shot, giving your sub-weapon auto attacks +1300 damage with an extra bounce at no penalty to movement speed. On top of that, you have retreat shot and forward shot as your big aoe cool downs that clears out entire rooms instantly.

Best thing about this as a farming build is that it is very cheap when it comes SP usage.

1 Like

again
as i already said SR 3 takes 2 char slots, too much for a class i won’t main. Im not looking for end game pve just another class that farm dungeons.
scout is nice at that.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Because two character slots is not a matter to me. I raise pets for team level, and I don’t intend to raise 9+ whole characters.

SR C3 does excel at endgame meta. Mate, trust me I know, I led the first team that cleared all 20 floors of Earth Tower outside of Korea, highlighting an SR C2 as one of our main damage dealers.

A Scout C3 equally funded will still clear out these kinds of dungeons at a faster rate than an SR C3. To be honest, had I known how Mergen interacted with Falconer, I would have picked Falconer at R7 and Mergen for the instant-clear combo. The only videos that highlight an SR C3 clearing out dungeons are with over-enhanced Bandit crossbows with absurdly high attributes and one of the SRs in the videos uses a T5 Lolopanther Pistol. And it’s not that much faster than what I do as a Scout.

If you’re looking for a dungeon cleared, you really don’t need all that much. The 145 offers the most silver to time and is a Scout’s paradise when mobs are taking 20K per Split Arrow with only modest funding.

a2>r3>sr3 hands down <3

my QS3 is going Scout 1 today, will end up QS3 Scout 3 at R7
i team up with my guild mate who is A3Scout3, and it is amazing not just dungeon farming, but also questing and doing kill count
i like SR, but not planning to go, since i want Hakkapelle at R8
it seem QS3 Scout 3 work well too, aoe is one of my weakness, since flare shot is my only real aoe so far, but i will update once i reach Scout 3 in my character

flare shot is underrated, i really love that skill, it has unlimited aoe as far as i know. really works well with split arrow that group mobs.
QS 3 scout 3 sounds nice, i like that idea and i suggest you go mergen at rank 8 though. Interesting build even if you go hakkaspelle

That’s exactly why. There’s not much to gain for me personally in R8. The better route would have been Falconer C1 into Mergen C1, but I didn’t know this at the time. So I’ll wing it with my original intention of mounted Mergen. I did not make this build with the future in mind, I made it based around seven ranks for dungeon clears. I did not suggest that people take this route specifically for Mergen. There are clearly better Mergen builds.

Even if it’s just Parthian Shaft, I’m onboard with it. The kit doesn’t build well into Hackapell at all sadly, which is what I originally wanted, which is in part why I’m making a QS C3 Scout C3 right now.

I could see myself using Parthian Shaft quite often anyways. Seems like a fairly mint skill during dungeon clears. As far as mounting and unmounting goes for other skills, I already do that quite a lot to avoid Ice Bolt halfway through the dungeon. It shouldn’t be too much of an issue, though I can see some fundamental issues in that playstyle that would raise some red flags.

To your additional questions:

1. I think the Scout build you described is not as strong for mobbing in ET. It does have quite a bit of power with the Circling into Koochaksal combo, but that’s unfortunately where it’s strength ends. Great for dungeon farming though!
  2. Multishot Lv. 15 has a long charge time. There will often be small ‘packs’ of enemies that are left as stragglers that are easier to kill off with Multishot Lv. 5-10 or Barrage over using Split Arrow. However last I understood, Barrage will hit everything inside Circling’s area.

Hackapell, not because it’s efficient for dungeon clearing, but because I really want a Hackapell.

I suppose Hackapell provides single target burst for bosses, but the bosses in the 130 and 145 already die so fast that it’s mostly negligible.

Scout3 > sr1 > mergen is very interesting.
Have you considered sr1 -> reiter2? I believe you should be able to use split arrow during retreat shot (lvl10).

sr 2 at rank 8 seems bad.

Yes, the only reason to take reiter2 is retreat shot 10. I am thinking about r7 for my scout3 too.

Unfortunately using Split Arrow will interrupt Retreat Shot temporarily. I use Split Arrow as aggro generation during the segment of 145 which features little flying mobs, and Retreat Shot to clear them out quickly. Even at level 5 and 40% attribute, it kills them in little to no time since Retreat Shot fires nearly 3 bullets per second.

I think Parthian Shaft will allow me to do something similar while RS is on cooldown while also having three overheat to fill in the time in between.

1 Like

Too bad it doesn’t function as Oblique shot & retreat shot. Ty for the info.