Tree of Savior Forum

Behind the scenes @ IMC

Just a little something that we put together to show a glimpse of what is happening behind the scenes.

Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

45 Likes

You guys shouldnā€™t have hired popolion devs in the first place. jk! :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Buā€¦butā€¦ Popolions! :heart_eyes:

Heā€™s head of our QA team btw in case anyone wanted a little more background info. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You have doomed yourself @STAFF_Ethanā€¦

now I will ask for more everyday for all eternity

Errmmā€¦ Everyday might be a bit of a tall orderā€¦
How about ā€˜as fast as I can bribe one of our artists with donuts?ā€™ :wink:

3 Likes

I can live with that, but I want donuts too :blush:

1 Like

Iā€™ll let you have your pick if you manage to drop by sometime. :grin:

1 Like

do you have popodoges too?

7 Likes

Nope, none of thoseā€¦ Sorry :frowning:
Maybe a Battlebird or twoā€¦

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Amy Hey guys, a little off-topic but I think will help you guys handle game suggestions and bug reports better moving forward.

In the website, maybe you can add and maintain a section that lists all collective player suggestions (only ones that makes sense or most hearted) as well as bug reports, preferably with a datestamp (date it was first reported/suggested) and a short description (if it requires a more detailed description you can simply link to the thread).

Also, include a column labeled ā€œStatusā€ where you can put whether an item is ā€œAcknowledged (or maybe Pending)ā€, ā€œIn the works (w/ date on when it started)ā€, ā€œCompleted (w/ date)ā€, "Canā€™t be done (w/ date).

So itā€™s something like this:

2 sections: ā€œSuggestionsā€ and ā€œBug Reportsā€

Columns:

Suggestion/Bug || Description || Status

For example:

[2017-02-23] Rework transcendence || Maecenas augue tellus, laoreet at gravida at, facilisis in sem. || [2017-03-28] Completed

This list you guys can update weekly or monthly as long as inputs from players keeps pouring in.

I donā€™t know if this is too much additional work for you guys but this kind of transparency will really help the players understand the gameā€™s current state and also avoid repeat reports/suggestions in the forums as well as through tickets.

Putting myself in your shoes, it maybe is a little intimidating in the beginning just thinking about starting it but in the long run this will greatly benefit you guys as well.

4 Likes

@ZeroFoxGiven Funny you mention that because, believe it or not, we are actually in the process making some plans to make the forum categories a bit less cluttered and suchā€¦

As youā€™ve mentioned though, thereā€™s a lot on the forums so give us some timeā€¦

1 Like

even real lyf popos?

6 Likes

I did see a dog wearing something similar while going to lunch last week but nopeā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

aww. Popokim is definitely there. Too bad my Popokimā€™s always get deleted.

With 2 testing phases, 90% of the patches still brought bugs. Hmmā€¦time to fire somebody?

3 Likes

Warning: Trying to balance coffee on your head as GM Papaya demonstrates can result in injury.

7 Likes

@mosesfetalvero Errmmmā€¦ No commentā€¦?

@silverx093 Well, an issue we have is that some bugs donā€™t appear in either testing sessions even when we specifically test for them.

We perform tests on Steam beta servers as well as in-house servers, but somehow pushing them to live servers is always a bitā€¦ shall we say messy? not to mention a lot of bugs donā€™t even get fixed in kTO

@MyriadColors It was stale coffee that I was about to exchange for some new brew, so no worries! Even so, donā€™t try it at home peeps. :wink:

2 Likes

Are you seeing noticeable success with the KTEST server?

Wellā€¦if you are making the developer test the game himself, it is going to be hard finding the bugs. From your picture, I can imagine the tester team is either only one random person or just the developer. Why dont the GM join the test before release?

@Queue Iā€™ve overheard that they are getting some good data(since Iā€™m not on the team that monitors that), but that data is a bit more kTOS specific. You may have noticed from our post on the kTOS meetup that kTOS players have different views on quite some things.

@silverx093 I only included one person to represent the QA(tester) team since it would be impractical to draw everyone working in the office. It doesnā€™t mean that it is really just 1 popolion. :slight_smile:

Also, something that I canā€™t really tell you in a short comic is that thereā€™s a dev team, a programming team and a tester(QA) team which are all composed of different people. The GMs also join in on testing the broader aspects during the second phase of testing.

4 Likes