Tree of Savior Forum

Why though? it had potential

Hi Luven, it’s been long seen I’ve seen you in forums. Welcome back :3

Personally I think even if NexonNA takes over iToS, don’t really think it will revive iToS from the current state we are in. The issue ToS (in general, for all versions including kToS) are deeply rooted, unlike during R7 when we just have class balancing/class resets to talk about. Moreover if NexonNA takes over, the IP will get a region block which is limited to only NA/Canada, leaving other zones such as SA/EU/SEA out. This further reduces the playerbase we have currently.

It will take more than just having a publisher to take over iToS to lift it back up. The design and dev team need to work really hard to solve the issues we have currently. Even the kToS players are talking about the same issues we are talking about in their Dev meetup session.

Offtopic:
Btw, if you like Moonlight Sculptor, may I intro you to this list. It has most of the isekai (alternate world) manga/manhwa. If infringe any IPs do let me know I’ll remove it…
m.mangatown.com/lists/45863

edit: short of 1 number

3 Likes

And it still boils down to a meme.
We got IMC’ed!

huehuehue

2 Likes

about the EU/SEA stuff, can’t they have a global rights to publish it if they asked imc? Nexon will be the global publisher for the tos mobile. then again i have been hearing a lot of stuff about how bad nexon really is. atleast in NA.

i’m guessing the way it is now, will a reboot of the game save it? ofcourse most if not all major bugs should be resolved if they plan to relaunch the international version. but people say they are really understaffed sooo its also very unlikely to happen without a dedicated team for itos. its sad i really like the game…

suuuup nekorin :3 yah been a long time. im just lurking in the forums for now. haha. game state at 3k players TT_TT[quote=“Nekorin, post:9, topic:350302”]
Btw, if you like Moonlight Sculptor, may I intro you to this list. It has most of the isekai (alternate world) manga/manhwa. If infringe any IPs do let me know I’ll remove it…m.mangatown.com/lists/45863
[/quote]

omg. you don’t want me to sleep do you? reading the moonlight sculptor makes me want to play a deiv. hahaha.
anyways. thanks for the list. i hope i can finish them all :triumph:

1 Like

They don’t have to “ask” IMC, Nexon is now a shareholder of IMC. Nexon can demand it if they want to.

because of staffs, developer and, publiher’s illness:

SPOILER

Uncompetitiveness

Here is the reason why we are in that situation.

3 Likes

Must be taking 3 months to eat donuts, then…

then will be released soon I hope

The word ‘hope’ isn’t really reassuring T__T.

Any chance of giving us a concrete timeline in which we can expect some updates? I do know that it is hard to set a timeline but to the gamers it provides a beacon of hope rather than waiting every Monday only to get disappointed at the patch notes.

9 Likes

I agree with Nekorin.
Also would like to add, that, perhaps, smaller content patches would get us things to do more often than a bulk of thing trown at us at once

4 Likes

^ THIS. Regular, non-sporadic small changes I think is better than pushing a lot of things live at once, specially when it comes to troubleshooting resulting issues afterwards.

sorry biskee…

heres what i think.

imc can take all the time they need for the major update/overhaul.

for now, as long they dont break things up, its fine.

just keep the stability until they’re ready for the big thing.

as player, if u think current tos is boring, u may take a break or continue farming for your equipment.

i hate to see everyweek something break n tos forum becomes “how to diy troubleshoot” forum.

2 Likes

I have to agree with you but with others as well I mean do as you say but maybe cut these big patches in 2 portions where they can release the first a bit faster than the other. Just a thought.

Sob
Neeeekooorinnnn tell them to stop the silver sinks!

2 Likes

well

coz we dont know how things are inside imc office…

but, as far as i know, everything corelate to each other, so hardly they can just release part of it without breaking something…

example
u cant just release stat overhaul in march n hope player to accept it nicely n not causing uproar until equipment overhaul in sept…

i rather wait till oct n receive both stat n equipment overhaul , atleast this way, it wont affect my planning/theorycrafting

i dont wanna theorycraft then getting obsolete the next month… rapid changes isnt really a good sign…

1 Like

I was mostly talking about this:
week 1 - release info about upcoming Hunting grounds, do some TP patch
week 2 - release hunting ground and nothing else
week 3 - release some mumbo jumbo about an NPC/ story, add TP stuff
week 4 - release info about, idk, balance patch, more TP stuff
week 5 - release more bug fixes, more info on balance (small incremental things)
week 6 - add first part of balance (like say Rune Caster and Warlock)
week 7 - add monster change thing (the weekened stats)
week 8 - add more balance things (monk and cannoneer)
etc.

Continue in that same fashion.

By doing this, your break down you huge patch into smaller transaltion chunks, and slammer bugs to figure out.
There should sill be major update (specifically items and stats overhaul should be release all at once).

There is this thing called Agile, we use it at work, when we develop. It helps for better business acceptance of changes, since they are incrimental, and since we do international business, less things for people to translate to French, German and whatnot at a time.

I know it is most likely a lot different for IMC to handle with the resources that they got, but man 2 months and counting before we get ANYTHING new…

EDIT: typos

"Agile"
Never heard of anyone mentioned Hakkyu Kim graduated from any university. I doubt he will learn about Agile without undertaking an IT degree or atleast the Information Systems unit.

1 Like

coz mmo isnt your daily business system
your idea could work if IMC give free reset every month.
But they didnt.
Changes can make your effort go into drain…

hunting ground drop changes current meta

skill balance/tweak changes your skill point allocation and stat distribution

equipment changes follows… monster improvement change your team compositions

its a big chain reaction

i dont like surprises every month, maybe u guys does, i dont know.

about Agile, technically, currently IMC is doing Agile, just different schedule/expectation than what people had in mind.

2months and nothing new but atleast things less broken compared to March~Dec 2016… where changes and imc’ed happens with every maintenance

Im curious, at this point, if people could turn back time,
would people prefer TOS stay in Rank7 content and maintain stability until 2018 ?

would that retain more player population than current state?

• Stay as Rank7 content but bugfix for stability will keep player happy until 2018
  • I WANT THE LATEST AND COOLEST UPDATE ASAP! BETTER IF SAME WITH KTOS!
  • Have you noticed the new staff @staff_letitia ? huehuehue~

0 voters

what they are doing for iToS is not agile. agile in definition is smaller incremental changes vs big updates, what they do is kind of backwards.

Agile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development
" …evolutionary development, EARLY DELIVERY, and continuous improvement, and it encourages rapid and flexible response to change."

TLDR: Balance in this game is handled poorly and gear progression sucks past rank 7 patches, Outside of that I think rank 8 was an, OK job, just monster defence should have not been that high (which is, probably, due to transcendence and gem changes)

I agree with you on the balance stuff, however, things like Hunting grounds, and monster rebalancing, are normal to most mmos and shouldn’t affect ability to play your current character that much…

Another point about the reset, you are right there.
I think, that this game with lackluster re-rolls should have characters locked like that. For what it is worth, resets should be available to one degree or another, to anyone (be it a paid service, or one time free at the trainer, and next time paid, however they decide on that and what is profitable).

Personal opinion all the way, though.
One more point, I do like the game, even rank 8 is somewhat ok, What I DO NOT like is the trascendance system… it is absolute killer of the game balance. that should have not been implemented at all… cuz now all we do is run saalus trains for few hours a day and then do 290 runs on many characters to progress that ONE main we all got. I did level to 330 with Iron Fist. and I think gear progression in tank 7 was OK.

Another thing that is iffy is the Gem change. It was needed, but not like that… half the values of red/yellow/blue gems should have been done.
what it is now, it renders STR and INT useless, and also favors Five Hammer for most builds over any other wepons untill 315 weapons.

It reminds me of RO before renewal (even though renewal kind of lame), but one thing they had right, in renewal higher level gear is better then lower level. Like your lvl 4 weapons will kick butt of lvl 1 weapons, due to how damage is calculated there.

We do need equipement rebalance now to accomidate to Gem changes, and that creates another rollercoaster that we will go down, if they take that route.(which i doubt they will, but we never know)

Forgot to Add: staying in Rank 7 untill the 2018 would have been a bad idea too, because there would simply be not enough things to do, except for dailies, which are bad design anyway.

1 Like

I suppose we can consider that they are using agile modal but if they do test iteration after every stages, it is unlikely to see stage jumping such as whats presented in this picture.
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/a/9/a9ccfb9901b56477de538020377f9582c6e8fe2c_1_559x500.jpg

After reading that picture, I feel like the whole process is analysis, design, construction, implementation and testing stages. In appearance it looks like an agile modal but they are practicing waterfall method. If they are using agile, they should be showing the following features as described in wikipedia but I have not seen any of those signs. None.